Hare Shoots On Estates.

just want to know we often hear about driven hare shoots and 100s of hares being shot on estates in a season over in england.has any legal irish coursing club or clubs or any one indivudal ever tried to catch these hares for release in ireland.would they survive.i know they are a different breed of hare to whats here in ireland. it just seems to be an awful waste of beautiful running machine.

• Like 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have shot foxes , killed all sorts with my lurchers ,,,,,,,,,,but i don't know why ,,,,,,,,,,,i just couldn't pull the trigger on a hare ,,,,,,,perhaps its down to respect for such an athlete who ga

The lurcher man has always walked alone,...and will probably always have to...

No comment appears to be calling for Bans on any ones particular country pass times. How ever it is abundantly clear from past history where knives were drawn and whose backs they were firmly planted

bstards and jerks that indulge in this mass garnage of this truelly and magnificient sportingbeast need the guns turning on themselfs,sorry to offend any shooters on here but to me there is no better and humane way to control hares than coursing but we have tony bliar and his cronies to thank for that.

• Like 3

bstards and jerks that indulge in this mass garnage of this truelly and magnificient sportingbeast need the guns turning on themselfs,sorry to offend any shooters on here but to me there is no better and humane way to control hares than coursing but we have tony bliar and his cronies to thank for that.

It's pest control plain and simple, have a look at the numbers shot each year, they will fluctuate but they keep the same numbers roughly of hares shot every year. If it did not work they would not have to do it every year.

Land can only support a given number of hares before it is to the detriment of the hare. The same estates have been having hare shoots for a long time and every year there is a surplice that they cull. Keeps the hares healthy, (well those that live that is) and plenty of room for this years crop to grow.

It is no coincidence that the hares are on highly keepered estates, hardly any predators and protected through the winter, no wonder there is a surplice to cull.

TC

• Like 6

i have shot foxes , killed all sorts with my lurchers ,,,,,,,,,,but i don't know why ,,,,,,,,,,,i just couldn't pull the trigger on a hare ,,,,,,,perhaps its down to respect for such an athlete who gave me such good times at Waterloo Cup , other days coursing , and the fact that you judge any lurcher you own by the way he tackles a hare .

• Like 8

Really wish that something could be done to end this madness. There is no justification for this slaughter, we can only watch as this continues and they ban what we did. Makes no f**kin sense at all! This country is fu**in totally in the s**t ignoring this appalling alternative to what was deemed so bad that we did. Sorry for the rant lads!

• Like 1