Farmers Shooting Dogs.

As you can see from the posts above Morton, sometimes it's nothing to do with stock. Just angry land owners.

The vast majority of land owners ive encountered,whilst in the company of lurchers,were usually the angry sort,fact.Landowners have an habit of tarring us all the same and its taken me the majority of my hunting life to educate a few of them to the fact that the majority of lurcher owners despise the feckwits,with lurchers,as much as the farmers do,nearly.Its always 1 step forward and 3 back because of the actions of the mindless minority and no matter how hard some of us attempt to redress the balance there is always another feckwit to encourage the discrimination a few of us work against.Ive earnt my respect through respect and the dogs at heel.I can live with the angry shepherds and understand their outlook,i cannot live with the feckwits and will never understand why they own or want a lurcher.

You seem to get hung up on these feckwits Morton. I know what you're saying. But they never stick around for too long. A few seasons at most from what I've seen. Granted another comes along to take their place but that's life. I wouldn't get too mythered about it. I just keep my head down and do my thing with a select few. I've been pretty fortunate with regards to myther off landowners and even when confronted I've diffused the situation in quick time, they can see pretty quickly if you're going to cause them trouble and usually calm right down when they realise that you aren't.

Im surrounded by them and there is a new generation of them about now.

• Like 1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a sad reflection on the majority of lurcher owners that they do not have a clue on basic countryside knowledge and the laws of the land.Any dog out of control amidst stock should be shot and the o

Bastarts even photo bomd my pictures lol

Spot on that.   We had one last year come screaming over in his pickup, got out balling and shouting and sticking his chest out. It was just scare tactics. Once he saw I was calm and trying to be r

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

Ive got permision where i have to send the farmer a text before i go on. not for his sheep n cattle but so he can put his jack russel in the house as someone that had been in poaching before's lurcher picked up the jack russel n ran off with it. it wasnt soft mouthed either n just about killed the jack russel.

One of the farms we go on is rifle only the farmer hates all dogs with a vengance. Theres a fixed traveller site not far away & any of there dogs on his land he shoots them & drops it off at entrance to there site. When i asked if he gets any reprisal he said None coz they know i'd fcuking shoot every one of them!!!! He only has cattle no sheep. Theres a couple of footpaths cross his land & if any rambler etc walks it with there dog off lead he goes absolutely Ape shit at them. He just hates dogs!!!

One of the farms we go on is rifle only the farmer hates all dogs with a vengance. Theres a fixed traveller site not far away & any of there dogs on his land he shoots them & drops it off at entrance to there site. When i asked if he gets any reprisal he said None coz they know i'd fcuking shoot every one of them!!!! He only has cattle no sheep. Theres a couple of footpaths cross his land & if any rambler etc walks it with there dog off lead he goes absolutely Ape shit at them. He just hates dogs!!!

I can tell you now if that happened here there would be some serious serious backlash to your farmers actions. farmer stamped on a lads ferrets not far from me and the estate are still paying the consequences for that now.

• Like 1

World of difference between shooting dogs for worrying stock and for being in the wrong place, if it's the first then the dog deserves a bullet. Mind you some lads are such wankers they piss landowners, keepers etc off and then they hate lurchers. If you're a decent bloke then it's an easy enough life, the trick is, being liked and being efficient, as well as keeping your mouth shut and being careful who your mates are. It's easy for me, I don't have any mates.

• Like 1

Does he only shoot travellers dogs or any dog he sees?

Its my mates perm & when he first told me about him i thought he was winding me up but after meeting him soon realised he wasnt. Hoping that when his son takes over the sons a bit more relaxed re dogs.He's got thousands of pounds worth of machinery etc in his barns never been touched!!atb

Think he'd shoot any dog if he thought he could get away with it tbh. My mate said he shot a Rotty last year & dumped it at travellers site & they dropped it back at his farm entrance & said not one of ours?? Its burried somewhere on the farm. Ive offered him to see my lurchers work to proove no threat to his cattle he wasnt interested & told my mate if he see's them on the farm he'll stop him coming there to shoot he's not even allowed to take his Labradoodle on there??yet we can shoot anything on there Deer Hare Rabbit. His farm his rules.

You are right STIFFMEISTER in todays climate with the rise in gun crime any landowner or his employee useing a gun to deter a tresspasser would in some cases find himself in bother not like years ago were keepers and landowners could get away with shooting poachers and their dogs.

ive had a pair of fools catch me very near a footpath,these guys have paid sporting rights for these 2 big fields.they are not really rifle fields if you,d ask me,too busy rds,houses,holiday park etc.anyway i get a red light on me,so i flash back and walk with lamp on towards them.was polite to them,and they was getting all rambo.one guy said"we was just about to shootvyour dogs eyes"......oh i say you was shooting from a main rd,across a footpath,to a quarry you could,nt identify,with a holiday park as your backstop.!...i then said i having a word with mr brown the firsarms officer....feck me he shut his mouth up,i then said if want to fight me ill be here everynight lamping.☺

• Like 4