Types Of Guard Dogs For Ur Yard .ie. Kennells And House.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

won't be long before they start hitting the headlines.Great dogs if you are doing security/patrol work or using them for sport knvp shutzhund french ring etc but defiantly not what I'd call a yard or

Thats my yard dog kelpie x collie he's tough as old boots and has shifted a few unsavoury caracters from my yard at night on a more than a few occasions.   Also he cracks the whip work wise because

ive nothing worth stealing but living rural ive known plenty of folks targeted by thieves for what little they do have from heating oil to a pensioners savings... ragnar is here to protect my dad and

Posted Images

We don't keep much at home now,...but,.. if I was to purchase a Guard dog,...it would be something like this....... :victory:

DSC_0162.jpg

Must say that this is VERY nice, robust, healthy looking animal. Almost has the look of a ACD about it.

• Like 3

Had a bulldog x shepherd years ago very wise and loyal dog no one was coming in past this dog , it was a accidental mating a neighbours shepherd wandered into my mates yard , would definitely take another as a yard dog

u should check out a dog from dublin called mosley on google type mrtruedogs all one word .i think he is dead now.woking bulldog x d shepard.

cheers for that. iam not any good at putting up clips.lads might be also interested in best attacks knpv championships 2016.i will hopfully get to this yrs championships.

What did you mean you'd avoid that shepherd on the last page?

It looks like a nicely put together and strong animal to me.

if he were a horse i would liken him too a very common half bred national hunt horse.if u look at any off thee ddr shepards i think their like chalk and cheese.thats just my opnion.

They ain't that common stonewall. Maybe with its looks but not with its atitude ??

• Like 1

That big shepard on chain would scare the shite out me if i didnt know it an met it in a night haha an i not scared of dogs

its the bark on some guard dogs that's enough to quiver some people to there knees on the spot
  • Like 1

Had a bulldog x shepherd years ago very wise and loyal dog no one was coming in past this dog , it was a accidental mating a neighbours shepherd wandered into my mates yard , would definitely take another as a yard dog

u should check out a dog from dublin called mosley on google type mrtruedogs all one word .i think he is dead now.woking bulldog x d shepard.
cheers for that. iam not any good at putting up clips.lads might be also interested in best attacks knpv championships 2016.i will hopfully get to this yrs championships.
That one?

spot on.some lads might find this interesting.

I was looking after my friends bull pup for a few weeks. Lovely, lovely dog and he turned out to be plenty protective enough

Had a real loud fella come to ask about tarmaccing my ramp at my work. He was running around all fine but once the guy was loud AND stamping the hardcore back into the ramp the pup took it as a threat and howled like only bulls do and went for him.

Called him off and he was perfectly behaved again

IMG_4392_zpsntgddqgl.jpg

• Like 1

I was looking after my friends bull pup for a few weeks. Lovely, lovely dog and he turned out to be plenty protective enough

Had a real loud fella come to ask about tarmaccing my ramp at my work. He was running around all fine but once the guy was loud AND stamping the hardcore back into the ramp the pup took it as a threat and howled like only bulls do and went for him.

IMG_4392_zpsntgddqgl.jpg

nice dog that, most bulldogs are friendly to people, and not what you call guard breed. But when they do decide to guard , with there drive /power /jaw they take hell of alot of stopping , seen a 36lb bitch who was bit like the above freindly , but if you went into his yard with out the owner , she would have you and , you be in trouble deff , great dogs in the right hands :thumbs:

• Like 1

I've always loved the bull bloods,....

Back in the day,..everyone local went over to them,.in their pure bred form and as lurcher crosses...

I chose to walk a different path and stuck to my Herders,..but the Bulls were great dogs,...still are.... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 4

IMG_4392_zpsntgddqgl.jpg

nice dog that, most bulldogs are friendly to people, and not what you call guard breed. But when they do decide to guard , with there drive /power /jaw they take hell of alot of stopping , seen a 36lb bitch who was bit like the above freindly , but if you went into his yard with out the owner , she would have you and , you be in trouble deff , great dogs in the right hands :thumbs:

That's the thing, you could take on a Pit Bull puppy as a guard dog and end up with a dog that could lick you to death but be bad with the dogs you want him to guard. Most bulldogs are people dogs too but when they make up their mind to get something a 10 foot wall wouldn't stop them.

• Like 1

that mosley dog a few posts back in the end got so much work i think he became a man fighter and went too far to the other side.i met the man that had worked the dog and had taken a lot of bites from him.the bulldog that was used to breed mosley i think he said was lees juckels that name might ring a bel with a few lads.the same man had a litter mate to mosley a bitch.said boys are top men their field.

Him,..and his kin,..are not on a chain at night..... :thumbs:

to really test if the dog is the real thing take him away from his yard have seen this done a few times.take him too a place he has never been before.stake him out on a long chain for about 40 mins on his own.get somebody too come back and start too put pressure on the dog from distance and work ur way up too the dog all the time increasing pressure.if he is still hopping off the chain to get to u within 5ft in my opnion hes the real deal.ive seen too many curl up at this stage.