Types Of Guard Dogs For Ur Yard .ie. Kennells And House.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

won't be long before they start hitting the headlines.Great dogs if you are doing security/patrol work or using them for sport knvp shutzhund french ring etc but defiantly not what I'd call a yard or

Thats my yard dog kelpie x collie he's tough as old boots and has shifted a few unsavoury caracters from my yard at night on a more than a few occasions.   Also he cracks the whip work wise because

ive nothing worth stealing but living rural ive known plenty of folks targeted by thieves for what little they do have from heating oil to a pensioners savings... ragnar is here to protect my dad and

Posted Images

Him,..and his kin,..are not on a chain at night..... :thumbs:

to really test if the dog is the real thing take him away from his yard have seen this done a few times.take him too a place he has never been before.stake him out on a long chain for about 40 mins on his own.get somebody too come back and start too put pressure on the dog from distance and work ur way up too the dog all the time increasing pressure.if he is still hopping off the chain to get to u within 5ft in my opnion hes the real deal.ive seen too many curl up at this stage.

But if he's only gotta guard his own yard then what's the point?

• Like 4

to really test if the dog is the real thing take him away from his yard have seen this done a few times.take him too a place he has never been before.stake him out on a long chain for about 40 mins on his own.get somebody too come back and start too put pressure on the dog from distance and work ur way up too the dog all the time increasing pressure.if he is still hopping off the chain to get to u within 5ft in my opnion hes the real deal.ive seen too many curl up at this stage.

But if he's only gotta guard his own yard then what's the point?

Unbelievable ain't it ... :laugh::laugh:

jesus thats a bit extreme for a house dog watch dog? once my shepherd barks in a way I know is a ''SOMEONES ABOUT'' reaction I pile down the stairs at a rate of knotts to check what the barkings for,,I dont need a man killer,just a very loud alarm call....if im not home then hes still agreat deterrent,but if a bloke is serious on getting what he wants ,theres no stopping them,luckily my neighbours look out for each other too so theres a chain reaction if the dog kicks off big time

• Like 6

I was looking after my friends bull pup for a few weeks. Lovely, lovely dog and he turned out to be plenty protective enough

Had a real loud fella come to ask about tarmaccing my ramp at my work. He was running around all fine but once the guy was loud AND stamping the hardcore back into the ramp the pup took it as a threat and howled like only bulls do and went for him.

Called him off and he was perfectly behaved again

IMG_4392_zpsntgddqgl.jpg

My big black bitch is exactly the same, if anyone gets too loud and animated she screams and lunges/charges. I can call her off no problem too but she isn't perfectly behaved after :laugh:

That scream/howl has made many men fill their pants over the years :laugh:

• Like 1

Thanks, but i was refuring to the dogs folks are posting and saying are good guard dog's..would like to see how there dog's actually work. Would like to see what they call good. I train dog's and also trained tiger circus acts for along time. Would like to see why some of the folks picked the bred they did.

• Like 1

Tigers? I think that's game, set and match to ripped. Can't beat those fellers as burglar deterrents.

bloody hell , a tuned in bulldog bad enough , a 300lb thing with teeth and claws , that can eat you , you never get anybody jump over your back gate , unless pissed up haha