The 'leaves' Have It

Well, this discussion has rapidly descended into hair-tugging and name-calling. My work here is done. :D

Here's a last, sensible word on the subject, extracted from this original post: https://frpip.wordpress.com/2016/06/24/dear-brexiteer-what-we-need-you-to-do-now/

Dear Brexiteer. What we need you to do now.

So well done, first of all. You listened to the arguments, the same ones I listened to. You heard all the same information I did, you listened to the same debates that I did, but you voted to leave.

There will be a General election in 2020, if not before, and by then, you will know whether their promises are good or not. So make it clear to them that you are watching to see if they were telling the truth or not.

If you voted leave because of all the money which will now go to the NHS, make sure it does. If it doesn’t, vote them out, because they lied to you.

If you voted leave because of all the immigration, and it turns out that the deals that they do mean immigration will not go down, then vote them out, because they lied to you.

If you voted leave because of all the Brussels bureaucracy, and it turns our companies still have to conform with all Brussels bureaucracy in order to be part of a trade agreement, then vote them out, because they lied to you.

If you voted leave because you were reassured that the economy would be as good as or better than it is now, and it turns out that the pound has fallen, and businesses have left, and people have lost their jobs, then vote them out, because they lied to you.

If you find your rights – maternity and paternity leave, breaks at work, sick pay, health and social benefits – are taken away, when we were told they would not be, then vote them out, because they lied to you.

My feeling is that the issues will remain. Immigration will not go down, mainly because we don’t train people in this country, we import them, which creates an underclass of white working class and second- and third-generation immigrants who aren’t trained or educated for work. With fewer workers rights, that’s only going to increase, rather than diminish.

So please, if you find that they lied to you, vote them out. And vote for the people who will tell you uncomfortable, complicated truths, rather than easy, simple lies.

Edited by Coypu Hunter

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sorry you did not get your own way in the EU referendum, don't blame the people who voted to leave! Blame the 28% of eligible voters who did not bother to turn up Blame the 232 people who left t

Of course your entitled to your opinion ,and you obviously think the British electorate have made a mistake ,but now the decision has been made ,why would you "wave fondly " as Britain sinks beneath t

least we made our own bed

Posted Images

Well, this discussion has rapidly descended into hair-tugging and name-calling. My work here is done. :D

Here's a last, sensible word on the subject, extracted from this original post: https://frpip.wordpress.com/2016/06/24/dear-brexiteer-what-we-need-you-to-do-now/

So well done, first of all. You listened to the arguments, the same ones I listened to. You heard all the same information I did, you listened to the same debates that I did, but you voted to leave.

There will be a General election in 2020, if not before, and by then, you will know whether their promises are good or not. So make it clear to them that you are watching to see if they were telling the truth or not.

If you voted leave because of all the money which will now go to the NHS, make sure it does. If it doesn’t, vote them out, because they lied to you.

If you voted leave because of all the immigration, and it turns out that the deals that they do mean immigration will not go down, then vote them out, because they lied to you.

If you voted leave because of all the Brussels bureaucracy, and it turns our companies still have to conform with all Brussels bureaucracy in order to be part of a trade agreement, then vote them out, because they lied to you.

If you voted leave because you were reassured that the economy would be as good as or better than it is now, and it turns out that the pound has fallen, and businesses have left, and people have lost their jobs, then vote them out, because they lied to you.

If you find your rights – maternity and paternity leave, breaks at work, sick pay, health and social benefits – are taken away, when we were told they would not be, then vote them out, because they lied to you.

My feeling is that the issues will remain. Immigration will not go down, mainly because we don’t train people in this country, we import them, which creates an underclass of white working class and second- and third-generation immigrants who aren’t trained or educated for work. With fewer workers rights, that’s only going to increase, rather than diminish.

So please, if you find that they lied to you, vote them out. And vote for the people who will tell you uncomfortable, complicated truths, rather than easy, simple lies.

do yourself a favour n feck aff, were out so accept it ya gurney kunt
  • Like 2

God there's some bitter fuckers about. Democracy is a bitch ain't it.... all very progressive and modern, right up until the point a majority express that freedom in a way you don't like!

Gutter Eh! "But but they're Stupid! They don't deserve freedom! They should do as we say for the best!"

• Like 4

:feck::feck:

the way I see it is...it wasn't ALL just about the immigration situation... for the out vote... folk are wakening up....the government should work for the people who elect them not the other way around.

secondly any politician should be humble enough to know if they don't do the right thing for the genuine people who ELECTED them they are OUT...

No more expenses...you get a wage you make your own way to work just like... US the people who elected you! A politician SHOULD be a human in a suit... not a suit letting on he is human.

Buckle up people... and for the next few months there actually experimenting with their our own hunger games..... and betting on it .... trading places?..hmm

They will try and intimidate ordinary folk....probably threaten that the government who work for the people will take this and that personal things like your homes, mortgages will rise blah blah blah....Germany 1937 ?

from our Government who up until 17 hours ago supposedly worked for the benefit of there own country but would rather spend money on wars in countries most of us have never visited....for our security? lol...now we as a supposed soverign isle can keep an eye on the books! watch whos making and selling the arms....hiding the money... and claiming...3500 for laundry.

a chance for ordinary people to lap some gravy?

do yourself a favour n feck aff, were out so accept it ya gurney kunt

Well hello there! It's always a pleasure to meet someone whose IQ is smaller than their shoe size! :D

I like you :laugh: should post in the General Section more often ;)

• Like 2

Coypu Hunter I think you've just endorsed the case for leave.

Vote them out, that's exactly why the majority of people voted leave, so that we can vote fcuk ups out.

Something we couldn't do with the eu muppets who dictated to us and looked to control our lives.

• Like 9

Really can't see what's so objectionable about this post? If the Government let us down over Brexit vote them out, sure everyone agrees with that?

Is it just because it's coming from a "Remainer"? :hmm:

• Like 3

Really can't see what's so objectionable about this post? If the Government let us down over Brexit vote them out, sure everyone agrees with that?

Is it just because it's coming from a "Remainer"? :hmm:

The message is inconsistent at it's core.

'You should have fought against democracy/accountability,now make sure you use the democratic process to hold your government accountable,because from now it will work in my favour'

• Like 1

What about the c**t from Ryanair who straight away said there will be no investment from his company for the next 2 years while they expressed other options....f**k off and base yourself in France or Germany then and see how you fair.

• Like 2