Eu Counting Under Way.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Firstly.....mon ya beauty. Secondly can I just congratulate the vast majority of English and Welsh for having the balls to make this happen. It's not often I'm embarrassed to be Scottish but there re

In my 50 odd years I've never felt so proud to be British, there's gonna be hard times ahead but we will come out a stronger better richer prouder country... Thanks to everyone in the country who vote

I'm frankly flabbergasted by almost every reporter, remain fan and pro EU politician to grasp the fact that it is absolutely possible for a sovereign nation state to function on its own and in the int

The fact is the MPs thought they knew what was better for us, and most turned their backs on us but fcuk them we the natives have spoke and still they think they're high n mighty, look you turned your backs on us so we showed you lot that we've had enough, shame on you traitorous basstards, who's laughing now???? I certainly am

i think they deserve all they get and more. Sat and watched it all the way through till 7am and it was worth it to see the omg what's happening look on there faces.

They turned they back on us but the people showed them in the end, might of took us a little too long to do it but now they will think twice before giving us the treatment we had the last 10 year.

I fear that you are mistaken and in fact nothing less than a good hard punch in the face. Will wake these folks up with what is wrong in this country.

I have observed all day the response from politicians, none of have admitted to the real and obvious problem that motivated people to vote.

Anyway, they will have to wake up soon, or reap the shitstorm.

• Like 1

Can I also just ask as I'm not too clued up on all this, but where would Scotland have been right now if the independence move had went through?

same place as Ireland a massive recession
no recession here nw bub pubs flat out Friday to Sunday and good takens week days ? we're on the up thank god

A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.

(Not mine btw)

• Like 7

Obama has since said he stands by his comments about going to the back of the queue and the mayor of Calais is still pushing hard for a change to the border arrangement....

I am getting well and truly pissed off with the news coverage... it's so f***ing negative.

more than half the country voted to leave, at least be positive about it BBC you bunch of c**ts.

your bang on there, depressing anti leave shite, bbc needs closed down

So what will happen to e.u grants for farmers ???

There f****d enough as it is , price of four pints was 85p in asda the other week , paving the way for torie super farms guys , the countryside will be out of bounds then lol , except for hill farms because you can't ponse about on your arse in a tractor up there so the big wigs aren't interested lol ,

Supply and demand. Am I wrong in saying the demand for milk does not meet the supply in this country? Farmers working at a loss does nothing to balance this. Voting for subsidies to support an industry that the market says should be reduced due to lack of demand is damaging, it devalues every producer and costs the tax payer. I'd gladly pay double or triple for milk, but that won't happen in a free market while farmers cling to an industry that simply doesn't have the demand for the product I'm afraid.

I'll support legislation that keeps cattle welfare high and as such the industry as it is currently, but subsidies are not the answer. And if they were then we can use our EU contribution to pay for them, seeing as we contribute far more than we get back in agricultural subsidies.

Our dairy farmers currently do not fill our demands for milk, unsure of the exact figure but 80% sufficient is often mentioned, Cadburies has just stopped using Polish milk because it isn't clean enough.

Beef is also shipped in from other countries in the EU with less welfare demands that we have, our last FABL inspection the guy told me while our scheme needs 92% to pass if you took that scheme to Ireland farmers would only need to hit 56% also South American beef comes into EU countries where it stays for 2 months then making it EU beef.

Veg production is similar, our higher standard produce is left rotting because they are pushing other lines often from abroad then supermarkets bring it in a few weeks later from Spain or Italy paying a higher price which is mind boggling.

The fact is our produce is the best regulated in the EU not because of the EU but because the supermarkets over regulate our industry to say they are the best and under pay to be the cheapest.

Problem is our farmers are not allowed to stick together because it is then a monopoly yet the supermarkets can act like a cartel.

The bord bia beef scheme in Ireland has a 90% pass rate.

• Like 1

If we can now fck the Scottish off we could be hunting by Christmas!

What's the craic with the free vote on Hunting now? Will Boris or whoever wins the leadership battle allow it?

Would Farage support hunting?

The conservatives want to over turn the ban. A vote to allow flushing to guns was proposed to see if the snp would vote (they had promised not to) unfortunately the snp backtracked and said they would out vote it. If we have English votes on English laws then they will vote, and at present with a conservative majority, win it. Farage would vote for repeal, his only mp wouldn't.

If we can now fck the Scottish off we could be hunting by Christmas!

What's the craic with the free vote on Hunting now? Will Boris or whoever wins the leadership battle allow it?

Would Farage support hunting?

Nothing to do with allowing it...we will get a vote only if they know we can win.