Eu Counting Under Way.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Firstly.....mon ya beauty. Secondly can I just congratulate the vast majority of English and Welsh for having the balls to make this happen. It's not often I'm embarrassed to be Scottish but there re

In my 50 odd years I've never felt so proud to be British, there's gonna be hard times ahead but we will come out a stronger better richer prouder country... Thanks to everyone in the country who vote

I'm frankly flabbergasted by almost every reporter, remain fan and pro EU politician to grasp the fact that it is absolutely possible for a sovereign nation state to function on its own and in the int

I'm not buying into Sturgeon and the shinners devide and rule politics and I hope my brothers in Scotland and Northern Ireland don't either.......we have had enough of that, all these MPs need to stop it, stop their stupid games and get on with actually trying to get the job right for once in their miserable f***ing lives !

• Like 5

I'm not buying into Sturgeon and the shinners devide and rule politics and I hope my brothers in Scotland and Northern Ireland don't either.......we have had enough of that, all these MPs need to stop it, stop their stupid games and get on with actually trying to get the job right for once in their miserable f***ing lives !

Here here :thumbs:

Obama says UK and US are indespensible partners.

He soon changed his tune lol
?

What's happened to that snake Osbourne I've not seen or heard him for a few days, surely he's got to go too.

His blood supply has been cut short ...I think he will be staying in his coffin for a while :thumbs:

Has there been any response from any of our royal family yet?

Im Offshore at the moment and there was a caption in the Scotish paper the Press and Journal saying that the Queen had attended some dinner function earlier in the week and had said " Name me three good things the EU has done for britain ? "

What's happened to that snake Osbourne I've not seen or heard him for a few days, surely he's got to go too.

Penning his punishment budget,or more likely emptying that battered leather budget case to pack his smalls and spare pairs of socks as he also should be out of a job the simpering smirking shit stain on the boxer shorts of Great Britain.

So what will happen to e.u grants for farmers ???

There f****d enough as it is , price of four pints was 85p in asda the other week , paving the way for torie super farms guys , the countryside will be out of bounds then lol , except for hill farms because you can't ponse about on your arse in a tractor up there so the big wigs aren't interested lol ,

Supply and demand. Am I wrong in saying the demand for milk does not meet the supply in this country? Farmers working at a loss does nothing to balance this. Voting for subsidies to support an industry that the market says should be reduced due to lack of demand is damaging, it devalues every producer and costs the tax payer. I'd gladly pay double or triple for milk, but that won't happen in a free market while farmers cling to an industry that simply doesn't have the demand for the product I'm afraid.

I'll support legislation that keeps cattle welfare high and as such the industry as it is currently, but subsidies are not the answer. And if they were then we can use our EU contribution to pay for them, seeing as we contribute far more than we get back in agricultural subsidies.

Our dairy farmers currently do not fill our demands for milk, unsure of the exact figure but 80% sufficient is often mentioned, Cadburies has just stopped using Polish milk because it isn't clean enough.

Beef is also shipped in from other countries in the EU with less welfare demands that we have, our last FABL inspection the guy told me while our scheme needs 92% to pass if you took that scheme to Ireland farmers would only need to hit 56% also South American beef comes into EU countries where it stays for 2 months then making it EU beef.

Veg production is similar, our higher standard produce is left rotting because they are pushing other lines often from abroad then supermarkets bring it in a few weeks later from Spain or Italy paying a higher price which is mind boggling.

The fact is our produce is the best regulated in the EU not because of the EU but because the supermarkets over regulate our industry to say they are the best and under pay to be the cheapest.

Problem is our farmers are not allowed to stick together because it is then a monopoly yet the supermarkets can act like a cartel.

That's interesting mate but it seems to be in contradiction to what I have taken from the following government briefing on UK dairy industry stats. All be it I read it quickly, lol. I was interested in what the cause of all this business was and had a quick look. I'm by no means certain about it all though..

http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/SN02721#fullreport

"Imports make up a very small proportion of total supply of liquid milk in the UK. 1% of milk available to UK dairies was imported in 2014. However, milk imports have risen from 75 million litres in 2009 to 139 million litres (provisional) in 2014. 3"

It seems to suggest that the underlying factor in prices being driven down is a reduction in demand for our exports;

"The dairy arm of the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB Dairy), argue that some of this downward pressure on prices comes from changes in the international market:Demand for dairy commodities weakened during 2014 as key importing countries had built up significant stock levels following heavy buying in the previous year. Milk production was strong in the major exporting nations, creating an imbalance in supply and demand and placing downward pressure on prices.8

Defra also pointed to international changes: High domestic production across the year combined with the ban on dairy imports to Russia and falling returns from global commodity markets had a large impact on the industry. In consequence, the majority of UK milk processors reduced the payments to farmers for raw liquid milk.9"

• Like 1

I never wanted to be european,i was born british,i never wanted freedom of travel across europe,i never wanted a european passport,i dont even ask for pretty blonde polish birds in starbucks to ask suggestively if i want anything else with my latte,i dont like walking down a street where every white person speaks an eastern european language,or c**ts advertise for polish only tradesmen or i am second class in my own country for voicing my dislike of mass immigration,there was a "typical" british family interviewed about their views on the Out vote on BBC earlier,the family were from wisbech,anyway the son of the family Rakesh (like i said,typical british family nowadays) said henthinks those who voted out on the basis of immigration are small minded,why doesnt he pack his bags and fly back to india then?We are taking a small step in voting out,but the longest journey always begins with a single step,power to the people as wolfie smith would have said.

• Like 6

A snake of a man in my opinion hope he gets f~cked off.

George Osborne has pledged to do all he can to make the outcome of the EU referendum work after briefing G7 finance ministers on the result.

The Chancellor said on Twitter: "It was a hard fought campaign.

"It is not the outcome I wanted but I respect decision of British people and will do all I can to make it work."

In a series of tweets, he said he had discussed the market consequences with his G7 colleagues and that G7 finance ministers respect the decision of the British people.

• Like 1