Can anybody remember a TVs program a few year back,,,

They brought this fella over from the USA,,,a big cat expert,,,,showed him all this big cat evidence,,ever photo they showed him,,,he's said yes that a dog,,,that's a dog kill,,ect ect,,,,it was embarrassing for the British guy who thought he was the leading light on British big cats,,,,,(that are always fecking black),,,,did I mention that befor...

The English fella is proberbly chasing nessy now...

I remember one where they brought over some american trapper who looked at all the evidence. I think they went to some estate where the keeper swore he regularly saw them on the lamp and they set traps etc and found squat!

There's just no evidence to support big cats roaming the UK and certainly no sustained populations.

• Like 1

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's obviously fake. Who has 86% battery at 9.42pm on way home from the pub???? Case closed ?

Who the f**k comes home from the pub at 9.42

On the way home from the pub last night i just managed to avoid running this guy over.............i dont think he was a local...!!

Posted Images

From what I remember the trapper's knowledge and experience was very clear, he struck me as a genuine authority on cats. My only criticism was perhaps that he could have done with an African PH to partner with, giving a second opinion and another area of cat experience/knowledge.

The keeper was full of shit imo. Maybe I'm just a redneck f****r but I'd flatten a big cat if I got one in shot and I find it hard to believe that any keeper or stalker wouldn't do the very same!

If big cats genuinely exist in the UK then they're either going to be Cougars (technically not a big cat), Leopards or maybe Jaguars (?). I think we can rule out Lion, Tiger, Snow Leopard and Cheetah (like Cougar, technically not a big cat) as ridiculous options. Those more likely possibilities are all man killers! To leave one roaming our green and pleasant land could soon lead to deaths. Feck all moral dilemma in flattening any of those out in the field.

Smaller cats, like Lynx, Bobcat, Caracal, Ocelot etc I'm a bit more open to the idea of. Lets face it, there's a Lynx doing the rounds now! LOL

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

Yeh just looked,,,it's got some range,,,the hole of north and South America ,,,,apart from the north of Canada ,,Alaska ..

Also typed in black panther,,,and it appears to be just leopard and jaguar ,,,that have the gene to be black melanistick ,,,,it said there had never been a reported case of a black cougar...

• Like 1

A black panther is about as real as the tooth fairy lol. It's just a dark coloured leopard. Seen one in Mexico am although it was black to an extent it's pattern could be seen. I'd like to think if there was leopards running around there would be decent credible evidence.

Jaguar isn't it, not leopard.

They brought this fella over from the USA,,,a big cat expert,,,,showed him all this big cat evidence,,ever photo they showed him,,,he's said yes that a dog,,,that's a dog kill,,ect ect,,,,it was embarrassing for the British guy who thought he was the leading light on British big cats,,,,,(that are always fecking black),,,,did I mention that befor...

I remember one where they brought over some american trapper who looked at all the evidence. I think they went to some estate where the keeper swore he regularly saw them on the lamp and they set traps etc and found squat!

There's just no evidence to support big cats roaming the UK and certainly no sustained populations.

. There is loads of evidence if you are willing to look, the British big cat society has evidence dating right back to the 80's the guy at the frampton show has all the evidence you need including d,n,a and bone scrape samples, along with some cracking photos I,ve spoken to the likes of Johnny kingdom, really interesting guy, that's seen far more than most, and will tell you the truth ,like anything else the government does,nt want you to know, the evidence is fragmented and in little pockets here and there, it's up to you, to simply put all the pieces together, I asked someone at the beginning if they had ever seen an otter, they never answered, the point I was making is this, we all know they are there, we all accept they exist, but how many people have seen an otter ? and most that have been seen are from the wave of recent releases, not the born and bred otters that have been here unseen and unnoticed for decades, open your mind, open your eyes, do your own research, then make your own decision, without the influence of others,
  • Like 1

. There is loads of evidence if you are willing to look, the British big cat society has evidence dating right back to the 80's the guy at the frampton show has all the evidence you need including d,n,a and bone scrape samples, along with some cracking photos I,ve spoken to the likes of Johnny kingdom, really interesting guy, that's seen far more than most, and will tell you the truth ,like anything else the government does,nt want you to know, the evidence is fragmented and in little pockets here and there, it's up to you, to simply put all the pieces together, I asked someone at the beginning if they had ever seen an otter, they never answered, the point I was making is this, we all know they are there, we all accept they exist, but how many people have seen an otter ? and most that have been seen are from the wave of recent releases, not the born and bred otters that have been here unseen and unnoticed for decades, open your mind, open your eyes, do your own research, then make your own decision, without the influence of others,

There is FAR more evidence for the existence of otters in the UK than any big cat! I understand what you mean but it's just not the same.

The vast majority of big cat evidence I've seen has turned out to be inconclusive or just total bollocks.

• Like 1

http://www.britishbigcats.org/evidence.php

So that's the BBCS's Evidence page................. If that was a scientific brief or report it'd be laughed out of academia. And yet they talk as though it is factual that big cats roam and thrive on these islands.

I think it's important to define exactly what is being claimed here. Have large non native felines ever been released/escaped into the UK wild, yes I think that's fairly accepted as having happened. Do they continue to exist in sustained populations............... hmmmm.

Do small exotic cat species roam the wild from limited escapes. Quite possibly but a Cougar, Jaguar, Leopard etc...................

Also DNA samples are not conclusive, even in court they are circumstantial.

Lol,,,government doesn't want us to know,,,men in black,,,ect ect,,lol

So tell me ,,,,these animals,,that are widespread in South America ,,,or Africa and Asia ,,,,wildlife camera men go there and film them going about there everyday busines ,,,,there was even a program about the incredibly rare snow leopard ,,,even footage of it hunting goats in the very sparcly populated himalaya...

Now cut to the uk,,,,these animals that have escaped,,,after being handled by humans,,,and looked at in cages by humans,,,all of a sudden develop a complex,,,and become the shyest creatures on earth,,,not forgetting they burry themselves when they die of old age....

All winter long hundreds of packs of hounds,,,pushing out cover all over the country,,,,,come on give your head a shake

• Like 1