Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

Very good win for Benn obviously hyped up after the fight but some of the names mentioned porter etc too experienced at this point he would get schooled in my opinion. A good decent prospect but long term world level /champion no.

Edited by darbo
1 hour ago, sid g said:

couple of posts off  matchroom twitter   x world champion getting stopped in the first round is shocking....the ref needs testing. No danger at all. Let them fight ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,13 unanswered power punches clean to the head. Had him on the ropes and Vargas wasn't defending himself. Wouldn't call that an early stoppage at all.

See, this is partly why I'm drifting away to being a 'casual fan' these days.

13 unanswered punches 'anywhere' tells me the fight should be stopped.

On 07/04/2021 at 17:42, Billy b said:

Definitely a few things boxing could learn mate?some men in the ufc will take competitive fights without giving much of a thought to their record and I respect that 100%,unbeaten records are only as good as the scalps taken,too much records padded with s**t

Do you watch much ufc?I go through phases with it,but I have to say I've enjoyed it lately,and it seems a lot of the fights are becoming more skilled and technical these days rather than bods with Mohawks swinging for the fences,don't really go much on that ground game but that BJJ is very intricate and technical 

LIke yourself ive watched bits and pieces over the years and probably keep up with the bigger fights....regards the match making i just like the way they go on form rather than records you can take a loss,go away and rebuild with some good wins and be back in contention,so that removes the fear of losing which is exactly how it should be....you are rewarded for good wins instead of being rewarded for sitting protecting unbeaten records.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

He's a funny one Conor Benn so unpredictable,their plan going in was to win the rounds ?.... make sure he wins rounds and only go wide open if an opening presents itself !....i liked what he said in his interview after " sometimes you just hit someone and it feels right"......fair play to the kid his energy and enthusiasm are lovely to watch.

Thought it was a poor stoppage myself.....a referee shouldnt be stopping a fighter on his feet in the first round in my opinion.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rusty2 said:

Standing 8 would have been fine let the guy get himself straight. 

Hopefully see more of kash farooq. I imagine a lee McGregor rematch down the line will be a a fight to pack out the hydro in Glasgow. Still think kash was robbed in their fight but both improving massively 

there  is no standing 8 count in in the rules 

Standing counts are for amateur boxing none of the organisations allow it... i seem to remember the uproar over a standing count in the Froch - Bute fight years ago.....to my mind if a fighter needs rescuing by the referee for 8 seconds then the fight is over.... its up to a fighter to take a knee and if he hasnt got the mind to do that then he probably needs rescuing anyway.....but by the same token in the first round of a fight he hasnt been down in he should also be allowed the time to survive and regroup.

• Like 1
On 11/04/2021 at 11:01, baker boy said:

Theres more drama out of the ring than in it these days

When was it any different though mate.....its only because of the internet,social media and the general transparency of boxing these days that regular fans know about the drama.....but its always been there.

Edited to add.....have a look at the Frank Warren documentary showing on Bt Sport to see drama outside the ring always has and always will surround boxing.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Benn connected with about 25 headshots, nothing coming back, vargas had gone imo

A pro fighter deserves the right to get knocked out.....most " bad " knockouts occur in the later rounds when dehydration plays a part not from simply getting " bashed up " early on..........just because a fighter is taking shots doesnt mean he cant recover its part of what separates amateur boxing from pro in my opinion.