Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Standing counts are for amateur boxing none of the organisations allow it... i seem to remember the uproar over a standing count in the Froch - Bute fight years ago.....to my mind if a fighter needs rescuing by the referee for 8 seconds then the fight is over.... its up to a fighter to take a knee and if he hasnt got the mind to do that then he probably needs rescuing anyway.....but by the same token in the first round of a fight he hasnt been down in he should also be allowed the time to survive and regroup.

I wasn't aware the standing 8 count was done away with in 1998.  

What a 'casual' I turned out to be! Lol ?

17 hours ago, Greyman said:

I feel a bit for the fella it always looks a bit suspect when you are brought over by the headline fighters camp and get stopped early....although the smile on his face suggests he probably got paid quite well ?

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, shaaark said:

I wasn't aware the standing 8 count was done away with in 1998.  

What a 'casual' I turned out to be! Lol ?

Its a bit like the old 3 knockdown rule mate im not sure any of the organisations still have that....same thing you could stop an opponent without really hurting them,there was a string of fights in the 80's one i remember well was when Bonecrusher Smith stopped Tim Witherspoon in the first round he literally came out with a mission to get him on the floor 3 times and did,thats it World Champion....Witherspoon wasnt even dazed it was just silly.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its a bit like the old 3 knockdown rule mate im not sure any of the organisations still have that....same thing you could stop an opponent without really hurting them,there was a string of fights in the 80's one i remember well was when Bonecrusher Smith stopped Tim Witherspoon in the first round he literally came out with a mission to get him on the floor 3 times and did,thats it World Champion....Witherspoon wasnt even dazed it was just silly.

Witherspoon looked like he didnt want to be in there, no protest after stoppage either, bit of a strange do.

Edited by SONOFSOIL

Williams looked like he had him hurt at one point where they both landed shots at the same time. 

The first time I've really seen Andrade, he's  very sharp punching and unorthodox, should be a good bout with GGG, I reckon GGG will eat him up but father time may have other plans.

Typical Andrade,moments of looking great,as in rnds1 to 3,and then stepping off the gass and being messy and spoiling,as in rnd4 onwards,not saying he's not great technically or that he didn't win,but I think his style is whats stopped him from getting the big fights tbh 

He's not an easy night though,very gifted and hard to look good against,but the top of 168 he doesn't beat imo

Wtf was liam williams doing though,seemed all too much for him and Andrade could not miss with that uppercut? Easy to say from my seat at home I know,but it all seemed wrong,Dom ingle going "he's getting tired he's getting tired " constantly,you've got to offer more than that as a trainer,williams fought back in to it and is a tough game lad,I do like him,don't think he has the power to get Andrade respect though 

You can't just keep coming in straight lines,taking big shots and offering nothing back 

• Like 3

Got no issue with what anyone wants to watch,didn't entertain askren v paul from the start personally,it's mad how that seemed to create more chat than a genuine fight,but I bet they got well paid,this paul has got a massive following and no doubt makes a few quid and that's what it's about at the end of the day but as for anything he does fight wise I can't entertain it 

Edited by Billy b
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Billy b said:

Got no issue with what anyone wants to watch,didn't entertain askren v paul from the start,it's mad how that seemed to create more chat than a genuine fight,but I bet they got well paid,this paul has got a massive following and no doubt makes a few quid and that's what it's about at the end of the day but as for anything he does fight wise I can't entertain it 

You've hit the the nail on the head there mate.  Sadly, this is how it's all been going, the last couple of years especially.  When a poxy youtuber can generate more interest and money than a real fighter, should tell people that boxing's days are numbered!

• Like 1