Boxing At The Weekend...

23 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Hes unbeaten because he fights kids and taxi d

Like ive said the fight will happen, just a case of when. joshua needs fury more than fury needs him, fury can fight wilder again in america, make good money, they like the fury big show over there, joshua nothing in america with good reason?wilder v joshua would be big in the uk i suppose, but not much doing other than that.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Like ive said the fight will happen, just a case of when. joshua needs fury more than fury needs him, fury can fight wilder again in america, make good money, they like the fury big show over there, joshua nothing in america with good reason?wilder v joshua would be big in the uk i suppose, but not much doing other than that.

Yeah that makes sense Joshua is the one with just 1 belt.... 

20 hours ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Na mate,not having that, ruiz was a replacement, dont think anyone could have called what was to unfold, as for risks, joshuas biggest names was in decline, povetkin, that last drip, cant remember his name, 38 i think, takam was a decent scrap, ref jumped in bit early i think, either way nobody's record is that much better than the others.

You're just sounding like a " fan " talking mate theres no point in trying to rubbish names who are ranked... rankings are there for a reason,whether you personally think they are any good is totally irrelevant top ranked fighters have to fight other top ranked fighters otherwise they can just grab any unheard of names out the air to make them look like competitive fights.

19 hours ago, Billy b said:

As long as it's a good fight that's the main thing?

Make you right about the rankings and it is a shame that that system doesn't get used to it's fullest for whatever reason,whether it's on fighter/promoter/sanctioning body head or some other reason... said it a day or so ago on here that while boxing is my sport,you can't fault the way the UFC is run for this reason 

And just touching on comments about Ruiz jr by the other lads, i'd agree that many didn't see that coming but also agree he was very underestimated by fans and Joshua himself - Ruiz had a great am record,good mover,and was overlooked by many 

Yep,good sensible post mate ive said for a while theres a few things boxing can learn from Ufc....theres not so much " building " and more actual " competing " in Ufc less emphasis put on unbeaten records etc.....more realistic weight divisions as well.

11 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

You're just sounding like a " fan " talking mate theres no point in trying to rubbish names who are ranked... rankings are there for a reason,whether you personally think they are any good is totally irrelevant top ranked fighters have to fight other top ranked fighters otherwise they can just grab any unheard of names out the air to make them look like competitive fights.

Thats what i am, a fan of boxing?

Edited by SONOFSOIL
4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Yep,good sensible post mate ive said for a while theres a few things boxing can learn from Ufc....theres not so much " building " and more actual " competing " in Ufc less emphasis put on unbeaten records etc.....more realistic weight divisions as well.

Definitely a few things boxing could learn mate?some men in the ufc will take competitive fights without giving much of a thought to their record and I respect that 100%,unbeaten records are only as good as the scalps taken,too much records padded with s**t

Do you watch much ufc?I go through phases with it,but I have to say I've enjoyed it lately,and it seems a lot of the fights are becoming more skilled and technical these days rather than bods with Mohawks swinging for the fences,don't really go much on that ground game but that BJJ is very intricate and technical 

29 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Looks like Big John is rubbing off on Tyson, he's now giving ultimatums on social media. 

Can't be bothered watching most of those interviews.  It's like watching the same contradictory crap over and over.  Surely, they must get embarrassed when they watch them back?!

• Like 2

Would love to see bridges do it

Yes benn always in fantastic scraps,exciting,but feel he will get chinned when he moves up the levels. John hedges is on the card too?

Joe smith jr out sat too ?

Edited by Billy b
13 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Ebanie bridges a good sort?not very good though bless her,feel she's in for it tonight

Yeah I like savannah marshall aswell?

At least she's got some airbag protection ?

• Like 1