Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

3 hours ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Yes i get what your saying, joshua can box and he could be successful with that klitschko style he used in ruiz 2, he's a real danger for fury, perhaps the only 1 in the division that is. Where as with joshua i think he could get beat by joe average, which as already happened, 1 thing that bothers me with fury is lack of self discipline, how does he live his everday life? not as good as joshua id bet, if anything that will be his undoing.

Thats why there are rankings though mate....its to stop fighters at world level from fighting absolute no hopers.....Ruiz got himself into that position so no he isnt average he's in the top handful of heavyweights in the world on merit......again,the only thing you can gauge fighters by is the meaningful fights they have.....if Fury and Wilder had been willing to take such fights they may well have a handful of losses between them.....but they havent/dont/wont.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

He fought the right fight against Wilder the 2nd time and he would beat him ever time they met...wilder is awful mate, but Fury beat him well, fair play

These threads have been done loads and until the Joshua v Fury fight happens we'll all keep guessing, 

If it happens it'll be really interesting to see how Fury fights, I think Joshua has to go back to his pressurising in your face style, he won't beat Fury boxing like he did Ruiz 2, but will Fury get dragged into a fight? I can't see him back peddling for 12 rounds, its 50/50 imo... hope it happens... don't care who wins either..

I agree id like to see Joshua go back to what got him there which is getting after people Fury has never been walked down and pressured by any fighter particularly one that can put punches together....the obvious betting will be Joshua early or Fury late but like you say i cant see Fury backing off for 12 rounds i dont think the whole emotion/machismo thing will allow him to.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats why there are rankings though mate....its to stop fighters at world level from fighting absolute no hopers.....Ruiz got himself into that position so no he isnt average he's in the top handful of heavyweights in the world on merit......again,the only thing you can gauge fighters by is the meaningful fights they have.....if Fury and Wilder had been willing to take such fights they may well have a handful of losses between them.....but they havent/dont/wont.

Na mate,not having that, ruiz was a replacement, dont think anyone could have called what was to unfold, as for risks, joshuas biggest names was in decline, povetkin, that last drip, cant remember his name, 38 i think, takam was a decent scrap, ref jumped in bit early i think, either way nobody's record is that much better than the others.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I couldnt really give a shit who wins to be honest but picking up on your comment of a fighter can only fight who is out there ( which is true )....thats what rankings are for,once you reach world level the only meaningful fights are against other world ranked fighters and both Wilder and Furys records in that department are quite frankly disgusting....how they have been allowed to avoid meaningful fights for so long is beyond most peoples comprehension....yes Joshua has been beaten but that can happen when you take meaningful fights i admire the lads competitive desire and equally despise Wilder/Furys lack of it....but beyond that i couldnt care less who wins i just hope its a good fight.

As long as it's a good fight that's the main thing?

Make you right about the rankings and it is a shame that that system doesn't get used to it's fullest for whatever reason,whether it's on fighter/promoter/sanctioning body head or some other reason... said it a day or so ago on here that while boxing is my sport,you can't fault the way the UFC is run for this reason 

And just touching on comments about Ruiz jr by the other lads, i'd agree that many didn't see that coming but also agree he was very underestimated by fans and Joshua himself - Ruiz had a great am record,good mover,and was overlooked by many 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Billy b said:

As long as it's a good fight that's the main thing?

Make you right about the rankings and it is a shame that that system doesn't get used to it's fullest for whatever reason,whether it's on fighter/promoter/sanctioning body head or some other reason... said it a day or so ago on here that while boxing is my sport,you can't fault the way the UFC is run for this reason 

And just touching on comments about Ruiz jr by the other lads, i'd agree that many didn't see that coming but also agree he was very underestimated by fans and Joshua himself - Ruiz had a great am record,good mover,and was overlooked by many 

Like I said yesterday, be interesting to see ruiz's next couple of fights. ?

2 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Ruiz looks in miles better shape, be a handful for the guys below the top 3, give him a spin with whyte.

Yep, definitely looking sharper.  I'm expecting to see some serious speed to his punches next time out. And his footwork and movement should also be better.  Yep, be interesting watching him over the next year.

4 hours ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Na mate,not having that, ruiz was a replacement, dont think anyone could have called what was to unfold, as for risks, joshuas biggest names was in decline, povetkin, that last drip, cant remember his name, 38 i think, takam was a decent scrap, ref jumped in bit early i think, either way nobody's record is that much better than the others.

AJs is definitely better than Fury or wilders. He's fought everyone he can in the top of the rankings 

32 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

AJs is definitely better than Fury or wilders. He's fought everyone he can in the top of the rankings 

Well i think we could possibly go on forever like this, so I'll just leave it at that, doing more on this site to promote the 2 fighters than arum and hearn.

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Well i think we could possibly go on forever like this, so I'll just leave it at that, doing more on this site to promote the 2 fighters than arum and hearn.

You're doing more than Big John as well as he's talking Tyson out of the fight. ?