Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

This fight will come off

We gonna listen to more bulls**t before it does?Yeah

A lot of the time it's the promoters or handlers or some sort of managerial issue that's makes having a deal awkward,course there are some fighters who are just pure yellow,but most fighters aren't afraid to get in the ring,it's their job at the end of the day,I don't think Tyson is frit of AJ and I don't think AJ is frit of Tyson 

There's been plenty of fights through history where people have said so and so doesn't want it,and it's happened,that's just the nature of boxing,opinions vary people see things differently but at the days end it's irrelevant when they clash 

Gave it to Wilder from the first bell didn't he 

Dangerous ol boy wilder an all,as he carries that power from round1 to 12 and all it takes is one shot,well wilder found a good couple and it still wasn't enough 

Does this mean Joshua can't stop Tyson?no it doesn't,fighting doesnt work that way,but do i think in my personal opinion  if wilder couldn't knock Tyson cold as a tater then Joshua won't,yes I do

Both will be very switched on for the fight,and go in there right,sharp,but can only see one winner,hope we can all enjoy the fight when it happens to,instead of resorting to pointless tittle tattle and silly remarks over who likes who,no man is invincible at the end of the day,

The winner will get all the respect in the world from me,that's how it goes,

13 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Dangerous ol boy wilder an all,as he carries that power from round1 to 12 and all it takes is one shot,well wilder found a good couple and it still wasn't enough 

Does this mean Joshua can't stop Tyson?no it doesn't,fighting doesnt work that way,but do i think in my personal opinion  if wilder couldn't knock Tyson cold as a tater then Joshua won't,yes I do

Both will be very switched on for the fight,and go in there right,sharp,but can only see one winner,hope we can all enjoy the fight when it happens to,instead of resorting to pointless tittle tattle and silly remarks over who likes who,no man is invincible at the end of the day,

I think aj can stop fury if I'm honest, very good finisher he is, if he gets on top its curtains, also think fury could stop aj, wouldnt have said before until the young les dusted him, as for pointless tittle tattle, well it aint pointless, got us talking about a potential fight?

11 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

I think aj can stop fury if I'm honest, very good finisher he is, if he gets on top its curtains, also think fury could stop aj, wouldnt have said before until the young les dusted him, as for pointless tittle tattle, well it aint pointless, got us talking about a potential fight?

Great finisher,great combination puncher,but he's got a job to work his way on top against Tyson imo, 

It is pointless when you've got the word fanboy and that sort of s**t thrown around,relevant discussion of a fight isn't pointless but there is plenty of silly quips that are ??

1 hour ago, Billy b said:

Great finisher,great combination puncher,but he's got a job to work his way on top against Tyson imo, 

It is pointless when you've got the word fanboy and that sort of s**t thrown around,relevant discussion of a fight isn't pointless but there is plenty of silly quips that are ??

Sounds like some of you fury 'groupies' are starting to get a tad twitchy ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Billy b said:

Mate, I don't want to argue over that fight, or the 'hopefully' upcoming joshua v fury fight, but wilder CAN'T BOX, not very well going forward, and EVEN WORSE on the back foot!  Would've been the same result if any half decent boxer had taken the fight to wilder.  And there's the rub, and why wilder has such a high k o ratio, he's never fought ANYONE that's even very good, never mind world level, ever.

Course wilder can't box,never said he could,terrible foot placement,leans forward,off balance,but he can whack and that's something to watch out on anyone - sometimes taking the fight straight away to a puncher is not a good idea in boxing,some have done that and got KOed

I don't rate wilder but I mentioned opposition earlier on this thread,you can only fight who is in front of you at the time,you can't magic up a division of world level opposition to compete against if it isn't there,and we all know boxing,it would be unrealistic to expect every boxers fight to be against a world class opponent anyway.. 

Are you one of them who will always find a way to run a victory down? Oh but he's this,he's that,never done this never done that,if Tyson beats AJ will you find all sorts to say about what was wrong with AJ rather than giving a man his due?

I make you right mate in your comments about wilder but like I said,the divisions aren't as cut throat as they used to be,you can't wave a wand and watch elite opposition appear from thin air,and to some extent in HW boxing you can get by on a punch and raw grit,look at big joe Joyce,nothing pretty about him at all,just a big tough lad who grinds a man down with pressure,he's got many levels to go yet but he's doing his job on skills that I'd say aren't world class,just a big chap with good physical attributes 

May the best man win

• Like 1