Boxing At The Weekend...

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Any predictions for the whyte fight gnash? I’d really like to see him win, what’s his chances a knocking povetkin out?

I think he,ll win the fight mate....wouldnt like to say how but i think he,ll win it on hunger alone he,s a determined rough,tough young man and yes a mid rounds stoppage wouldnt surprise me.

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Whyte needs to remember his success in the first few rounds of their last bout and run with it,and get the job done quick,I feel if it goes past 6-7rounds he's in trouble 

I fancy Povetkin underestimated Whyte a bit first time out aswell,and may come out trying to end it as soon as he can

If he's mentally spot on that's a very good sign as like mentioned he is a big rough and very game man who is more than capable of stopping Povetkin,who to be fair was getting beat about a bit in the first fight 

Povetkin can still turn it on and is a wiley old fighter though,I don't think Whyte should force much,and take the openings if they present themselves which last time they did,and do what he has to do to win

Il take the splinters out me arse though and say Povetkin finds that shot again,I like Dillian Whyte though,always have,and hope he wins 

Cheeseman Metcalf no way should be overshadowed by wardley and Molina imo but there you go,great fight,Metcalf is a decent fighter and cheeseman is too,both great amateurs,I'm behind cheeseman?

• Like 2

Wouldn't judge povetkin being shot on his shape,especially considering last time out he knocked Whyte out hard despite giving away rounds and being knocked down himself 

Boxing isn't mr Olympia,and shape at times can mean nothing when a big shot lands ,I prefer a fighter in good shape but a tubby Ruiz still stopped AJ and big George foreman hardly looked like he was carved out of stone and he was a very good fighter,,anything can happen in heavyweight boxing 

I agree with you that Whyte could win easy,and I think last time he just let Povetkin get to comfortable tell the truth,despite his shape Povetkin still a live dog 

• Like 2

Yeah Whyte let him get too comfortable,we will soon see mate?I still think Povetkin has enough left in him to do what he done last time if Whyte doesn't put him on the seat of his pants sharpish which we all know he can 

Will agree Povetkin isn't the fighter he once was which is only natural,time is never on a fighting mans side 

1 hour ago, Billy b said:

Wouldn't judge povetkin being shot on his shape,especially considering last time out he knocked Whyte out hard despite giving away rounds and being knocked down himself 

Boxing isn't mr Olympia,and shape at times can mean nothing when a big shot lands ,I prefer a fighter in good shape but a tubby Ruiz still stopped AJ and big George foreman hardly looked like he was carved out of stone and he was a very good fighter,,anything can happen in heavyweight boxing 

I agree with you that Whyte could win easy,and I think last time he just let Povetkin get to comfortable tell the truth,despite his shape Povetkin still a live dog 

The shape any fighter is in can only be compared to the shape he has been in for other fights....comparing one to another is just silly good genetics has very little bearing on who is in better shape....when you hear people say things like " Fury dont look like an athlete " or " Joshua is built like a bodybuilder " or my favourite the old " big muscles cause lactic acid " ?...it just tells me they have no understanding of conditioning....i always take a great interest in weigh ins as having helped a number of fighters make weight over the years i think i have a pretty good idea what im looking at but with heavyweights its much more difficult as they tend to struggle with an " ideal " weight...lots of heavyweights these days dont step on the scales until the last week before a fight so that the mental block can be avoided and emphasis put on actual conditioning.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

The shape any fighter is in can only be compared to the shape he has been in for other fights....comparing one to another is just silly good genetics has very little bearing on who is in better shape....when you hear people say things like " Fury dont look like an athlete " or " Joshua is built like a bodybuilder " or my favourite the old " big muscles cause lactic acid " ?...it just tells me they have no understanding of conditioning....i always take a great interest in weigh ins as having helped a number of fighters make weight over the years i think i have a pretty good idea what im looking at but with heavyweights its much more difficult as they tend to struggle with an " ideal " weight...lots of heavyweights these days dont step on the scales until the last week before a fight so that the mental block can be avoided and emphasis put on actual conditioning.

Good post and I agree?it's won and lost with your conditioning,like a high performance car with a dodgy clutch and a f****d engine it doesn't matter what it looks like on the outside if it's inside is damaged,it just looks good for nothing?‍♂️

Won't do it's job if it's not in working order,same for a fighter

12 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

How many boxers can train hard and end up looking like bodybuilders without hammering the peds don’t get me wrong there all at Them but some are abusing em ? 

23 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Good post and I agree?it's won and lost with your conditioning,like a high performance car with a dodgy clutch and a f****d engine it doesn't matter what it looks like on the outside if it's inside is damaged,it just looks good for nothing?‍♂️

Won't do it's job if it's not in working order,same for a fighter

It won and lost in the mind mate you could give fury a year sat on couch he’d still do 12 rounds he’s a natural who’s calm all times that is worth more than any conditioning ?? 
we’re Joshua year on couch lol or against ruiz how did that athlete gas through fear panick no conditioning will help that ?? 

15 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

It won and lost in the mind mate you could give fury a year sat on couch he’d still do 12 rounds he’s a natural who’s calm all times that is worth more than any conditioning ?? 
we’re Joshua year on couch lol or against ruiz how did that athlete gas through fear panick no conditioning will help that ?? 

Goes without saying that if you haven't got it in the mind and heart then you are f****d

Like them people who look sharp on the bag,sharp on the pads,but never have there gumshield on sparring nights or go to pieces before a bout,because they haven't got that one ingredient you cannot teach which is the heart and the mind as you say

Just meant that if you're not conditioned you are on the back foot straight away,some fighters have all the heart and mind and it gets them bashed up where they are so competitive and won't quit,there's no longevity in that but if you have that spirit and can box and fight it's a brilliant mix 

Looking forward to the fights?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

How many boxers can train hard and end up looking like bodybuilders without hammering the peds don’t get me wrong there all at Them but some are abusing em ? 

Peds and muscles doesnt really have any connection i suppose Povetkin is the perfect example of that.... how many times has he been popped for Peds and he hardly looks like Mr Universe does he ?

3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Peds and muscles doesnt really have any connection i suppose Povetkin is the perfect example of that.... how many times has he been popped for Peds and he hardly looks like Mr Universe does he ?

Peds and muscle doesn’t have any connection?? 
Testosterone is responsible for increased muscle mass. Leaner body mass helps control weight and increases energy ??