Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Got to agree greb doesn’t sound like be fury next hope he’s talking shite lol

The fight does warrant a packed out stadium but they're bad signs from Big John. 

Stating Eddie do this and Eddie do that, hold on a minute why don't you get on to fish eyes, it's not just Eddie involved. 

Silly boxing politics again at play what only hurts the sports and the fights?

I do believe after all the s**t though the fight will come off,it's too big not too,and needs to happen,will it be another mayweather vs pacquiao do where they get to it years after they should have,I don't know but I have a gut feeling although we won't see it anytime soon we will get it sooner than we think if that makes sense?

4 hours ago, Greb147 said:

I see Big John is doing a lot of talking recently, it's sounding like they don't want the AJ fight to me. 

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

Got to agree greb doesn’t sound like be fury next hope he’s talking shite lol

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

The fight does warrant a packed out stadium but they're bad signs from Big John. 

Stating Eddie do this and Eddie do that, hold on a minute why don't you get on to fish eyes, it's not just Eddie involved. 

23 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Silly boxing politics again at play what only hurts the sports and the fights?

I do believe after all the s**t though the fight will come off,it's too big not too,and needs to happen,will it be another mayweather vs pacquiao do where they get to it years after they should have,I don't know but I have a gut feeling although we won't see it anytime soon we will get it sooner than we think if that makes sense?

I don't know why anyone should be surprised by this.  I been saying it for a long time, fury doesn't really want this fight, never has.

And to billy b, I get what you're saying, but I don't agree that the fight is as big as some are making it out to be, and certainly not on the mayweather pacquiao level.  There are plenty of people, hardcore fans, people within boxing too, that won't be too bothered if the fight happens or not.  And can you blame them? As you say, the boxing politics, coupled with fury's antics, is getting people pissed off with the sport. ?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I don't know why anyone should be surprised by this.  I been saying it for a long time, fury doesn't really want this fight, never has.

And to billy b, I get what you're saying, but I don't agree that the fight is as big as some are making it out to be, and certainly not on the mayweather pacquiao level.  There are plenty of people, hardcore fans, people within boxing too, that won't be too bothered if the fight happens or not.  And can you blame them? As you say, the boxing politics, coupled with fury's antics, is getting people pissed off with the sport. ?

I think you will find the fight will happen, because there isnt no other real big fights, big money left for fury, maybe wilder one more time but thats it, its just a case of when, dont fall for the silly drama, as for furys antics, can you imagine the heavyweight division without him, aj got the personality of a corpse and as been beaten by an underdog.

2 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

I think you will find the fight will happen, because there isnt no other real big fights, big money left for fury, maybe wilder one more time but thats it, its just a case of when, dont fall for the silly drama, as for furys antics, can you imagine the heavyweight division without him, aj got the personality of a corpse and as been beaten by an underdog.

Fighters get beat, shit happens.

We could easily say Fury got beat by McDermott first time around. 

• Like 1
Just now, SONOFSOIL said:

Aint falling for anything.  It's the fury fans that have fallen for all the bullshit.  Not getting into any debates as to the ability, ratings etc of either fury or joshua's previous opponents, except to say 'take a look at wilder's past opponents', then fury's  then joshuas.  Tells it's own story really. ?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Wasn't comparing it to mayweather vs pacquiao mate,just saying it could turn into a similar situation where the fight goes past the point of many caring as much as they would if the fight happened at the right time?

I get what you're saying,I'm a boxing man all my life and sometimes I just wish it would stop all the messing about and get it done right,the UFC get it spot on with fights happening at the right time,more of a have gumshield will travel attitude with the UFC

People might go past the point of caring all the time it's unannounced but you know soon as it's made official the world and his wife going to be watching it,this fight is bigger than froch and groves bouts,and old women in the fish shop were on about the big fight then,this will get heaps of people watching no matter how many run the will they won't they of the build up down 

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Aint falling for anything.  It's the fury fans that have fallen for all the bullshit.  Not getting into any debates as to the ability, ratings etc of either fury or joshua's previous opponents, except to say 'take a look at wilder's past opponents', then fury's  then joshuas.  Tells it's own story really. ?

Wilder knocked all his out bar 1 then knocked him out 2nd time, they've all had plenty of fodder, but aj got beat by 1 of his, heavyweight division so poor, i wouldnt go to most fights will a free ticket.

• Like 1