Boxing At The Weekend...

12 hours ago, darbo said:

For me the fury camp appear concered about furys lack of activity and no warm up fight as opposed to AJS fight against Pulev.

That's another scenario darbo.  If we are to 'believe' fury, and take in what he says, he's that superior to everyone else, 'his words', which he must've somehow forgotten, he doesn't need a warm up fight, because he's so good lol. ?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

23 hours ago, shaaark said:

I don't know why anyone should be surprised by this.  I been saying it for a long time, fury doesn't really want this fight, never has.

And to billy b, I get what you're saying, but I don't agree that the fight is as big as some are making it out to be, and certainly not on the mayweather pacquiao level.  There are plenty of people, hardcore fans, people within boxing too, that won't be too bothered if the fight happens or not.  And can you blame them? As you say, the boxing politics, coupled with fury's antics, is getting people pissed off with the sport. ?

Absolutely right.....outside of Uk nobody really gives a shit....the division is so poor that 2 pretty average fighters are drawing huge attention in Britain,but only because they're British.....when clear,obvious fights are not made you rob fans of their own era and for the heavyweight division in Britain this is that era....if this fight doesnt get made soon British boxing will suffer over the coming years.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Billy b said:

Course wilder can't box,never said he could,terrible foot placement,leans forward,off balance,but he can whack and that's something to watch out on anyone - sometimes taking the fight straight away to a puncher is not a good idea in boxing,some have done that and got KOed

I don't rate wilder but I mentioned opposition earlier on this thread,you can only fight who is in front of you at the time,you can't magic up a division of world level opposition to compete against if it isn't there,and we all know boxing,it would be unrealistic to expect every boxers fight to be against a world class opponent anyway.. 

Are you one of them who will always find a way to run a victory down? Oh but he's this,he's that,never done this never done that,if Tyson beats AJ will you find all sorts to say about what was wrong with AJ rather than giving a man his due?

I make you right mate in your comments about wilder but like I said,the divisions aren't as cut throat as they used to be,you can't wave a wand and watch elite opposition appear from thin air,and to some extent in HW boxing you can get by on a punch and raw grit,look at big joe Joyce,nothing pretty about him at all,just a big tough lad who grinds a man down with pressure,he's got many levels to go yet but he's doing his job on skills that I'd say aren't world class,just a big chap with good physical attributes 

May the best man win

I couldnt really give a shit who wins to be honest but picking up on your comment of a fighter can only fight who is out there ( which is true )....thats what rankings are for,once you reach world level the only meaningful fights are against other world ranked fighters and both Wilder and Furys records in that department are quite frankly disgusting....how they have been allowed to avoid meaningful fights for so long is beyond most peoples comprehension....yes Joshua has been beaten but that can happen when you take meaningful fights i admire the lads competitive desire and equally despise Wilder/Furys lack of it....but beyond that i couldnt care less who wins i just hope its a good fight.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Klit v fury was like aj v ruiz 2, not much doing, aj gets credit though and fury gets ridicule, way it goes. I'll make my own mind up about fights thanks ?

What people forget though mate is Joshua is NOT an accomplished stand off boxer he is a combination type banger who wants to close you down and trade up....it is totally alien to him to box on the back foot....but he proved if needed he can do it.

Fury on the other hand wants to be on the back foot and create space when pressured,he doesnt want to trade up because when he does he gets put on his arse.

So the reality is Joshua has proved he can do both.....Fury hasnt......how important that will prove to be who knows.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

What people forget though mate is Joshua is NOT an accomplished stand off boxer he is a combination type banger who wants to close you down and trade up....it is totally alien to him to box on the back foot....but he proved if needed he can do it.

Fury on the other hand wants to be on the back foot and create space when pressured,he doesnt want to trade up because when he does he gets put on his arse.

So the reality is Joshua has proved he can do both.....Fury hasnt......how important that will prove to be who knows.

Yes i get what your saying, joshua can box and he could be successful with that klitschko style he used in ruiz 2, he's a real danger for fury, perhaps the only 1 in the division that is. Where as with joshua i think he could get beat by joe average, which as already happened, 1 thing that bothers me with fury is lack of self discipline, how does he live his everday life? not as good as joshua id bet, if anything that will be his undoing.

Edited by SONOFSOIL
30 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Yes i get what your saying, joshua can box and he could be successful with that klitschko style he used in ruiz 2, he's a real danger for fury, perhaps the only 1 in the division that is. Where as with joshua i think he could get beat by joe average, which as already happened, 1 thing that bothers me with fury is lack of self discipline, how does he live his everday life? not as good as joshua id bet, if anything that will be his undoing.

Mate, any half decent heavyweight that can punch is a real danger for fury. 

14 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Mate, any half decent heavyweight that can punch is a real danger for fury. 

Look at the mess he made of the Wallin fight, I mean the bloke was a complete unknown but Fury looked terrible against him..

• Like 1
Just now, NEWKID said:

Look at the mess he made of the Wallin fight, I mean the bloke was a complete unknown but Fury looked terrible against him..

Still unbeaten, did you see him against wilder 2nd time? Looked awsome?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

You think a boxer that outweighs his opponent by 2 1/2 stone, an opponent that can't really box, is awsome?!  Kin el mate lol ?

1 minute ago, Rusty2 said:

Dont think I'd call ruiz an average joe tbh. His only loss was a very close decision to parker for a world title that many folk argue he should have won. Think alot of people under estimate him as did aj. 

Before the aj fight you'd never heard of him, after household name, decent boxer if im honest, but average joe nevertheless.

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You think a boxer that outweighs his opponent by 2 1/2 stone, an opponent that can't really box, is awsome?!  Kin el mate lol ?

Wilder light for his height, but cant question his power, I'll stick with awsome?

15 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

He fought the right fight against Wilder the 2nd time and he would beat him ever time they met...wilder is awful mate, but Fury beat him well, fair play

These threads have been done loads and until the Joshua v Fury fight happens we'll all keep guessing, 

If it happens it'll be really interesting to see how Fury fights, I think Joshua has to go back to his pressurising in your face style, he won't beat Fury boxing like he did Ruiz 2, but will Fury get dragged into a fight? I can't see him back peddling for 12 rounds, its 50/50 imo... hope it happens... don't care who wins either..

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Rusty2 said:

Before the aj fight he fought parker for a world title and narrowly lost . I knew of that fight goin into the aj fight. Whether casuals know your name or not doesnt make you an average joe.

What did parker turn out to be? Average joe imo, joshua, wilder, fury other than them not much doing, povetkin shot, louis ortiz to old, whyte could maybe beat wilder but i would doubt that, time will tell eh.