Leaving The Eu

Why would farming be in trouble without the eu? It's not eu subsides they get.....it's our f***ing money! Give me £500 a month and I'll subsidise your business £100 a month....would you be f****d without me?

• Like 4

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"We will never join the Euro" - it was never going to happen. Never, ever an issue !"No involvement in "ever-closer union" - we've never had any and have been exempt since Thatchers days ! "Opting ou

Careful what you wish for, I live in central Scotland and come in contact with a broad section of people, regardless of wee Kranky and snp's claims I don't know anyone who would now vote for independe

Posted Images

That's the mindset of the IN brigade......it's like an abusive relationship.......come here while Daddy fucks you up the arse.....it's only cos I love you darling, you couldn't survive without me.....

Have some f***ing pride and self-worth

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 4

The biggest thing that always bugged me about the farming sector is why we are not growing are own food and selling are own here and exporting the rest that's not needed when you start too hear stories of us exporting lamb but we bring in lamb from the likes of nz is the daftest shit I ever heard I can understand why we would need too import grain and such and the price varies so much depending on the crops from other countries but why the supermarkets are not buying as much from brittish farmers and importing shit is beyond my thinking of being greedy and always wanting a better price but could it have an astronomical effect if brittish farmers were too get paid a fair price instead of getting subsides I think us as the people would end up footing a higher food shopping bill

The biggest thing that always bugged me about the farming sector is why we are not growing are own food and selling are own here and exporting the rest that's not needed when you start too hear stories of us exporting lamb but we bring in lamb from the likes of nz is the daftest shit I ever heard I can understand why we would need too import grain and such and the price varies so much depending on the crops from other countries but why the supermarkets are not buying as much from brittish farmers and importing shit is beyond my thinking of being greedy and always wanting a better price but could it have an astronomical effect if brittish farmers were too get paid a fair price instead of getting subsides I think us as the people would end up footing a higher food shopping bill

I once read that we only have the land mass required to feed a population of 25 million.

Edited by shepp

It's because the public won't pay the price that a farmer needs to get for a lot of produce, look at the price of an organic chicken or good grass fed beef.

• Like 1

It's because the public won't pay the price that a farmer needs to get for a lot of produce, look at the price of an organic chicken or good grass fed beef.

It's not the public won't pay, most on minimum wage cannot afford to pay. Most of the imported veg etc is stuff grown out of season in some far climes, eg; runner beans from Africa all winter, kiwi fruit from NZ all year round. We eat seasonally, unless its frozen from the garden. Don't eat Winter veg throughout the summer Swede, Parsnips, leeks, savoy cabbage, sprouts etc, etc. By the same token frozen runner beans apart we don't eat summer veg though the winter. If people eat seasonally more often there would be less call for imported veg and less waste of the seasonal veg that is grown and rejected by supermarkets on some pretext or other.

TC

• Like 4

Vote out of Europe.then we should vote to see if we want to keep the sweaty socks part of the UK always banging on about independence let's give it to them.

Its not all about half..............maybe Scotland could become like Ireland

It's not the public won't pay, most on minimum wage cannot afford to pay. Most of the imported veg etc is stuff grown out of season in some far climes, eg; runner beans from Africa all winter, kiwi fruit from NZ all year round. We eat seasonally, unless its frozen from the garden. Don't eat Winter veg throughout the summer Swede, Parsnips, leeks, savoy cabbage, sprouts etc, etc. By the same token frozen runner beans apart we don't eat summer veg though the winter. If people eat seasonally more often there would be less call for imported veg and less waste of the seasonal veg that is grown and rejected by supermarkets on some pretext or other.

TC

Don't agree you TC on the can't afford to pay, KFC and a 2l of coke 15 euro...traceable beef and spuds to feed the same amount cost less but you have to cook it.....consumers now buy on price in shops, unless your adding value to your product, convenience, quality, healthier options, no loyalty anymore. But i agree with you on the seasonality aspect.