Never Ceases To Amaze Me

Just an honest question I've heard many a man on here say you can't buy a good terrier and only breed from the best so if the guy wanted to sell the dam that means she is shit and there for the pups are shit doesn't it ? I won't lie I bought my young dog and now realise I was lied to about his breeding after phoning the guy a couple of weeks back and getting told different to the first crock of shit he told me how ever my young dog is doing well at the moment

• Like 1

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is why lads with good stock hold it close so it dosent get prostituted and abused

If the decent blood wasn't passed on to idiots the terrier job wouldn't be in the state it's in now. I've tried to give out pups to lads I didn't know but all bar a few times I've regretted it, it's a

That's bollocks unless your in the special clique jog on you won't get a pup ! I have been gifted pups by men that haven't met me before other than a few pms and phone calls . Obviously they done t

Posted Images

I understand what you saying o.a.k and i whuldent say eleitisim (spelling ) just lads who have the same frame of mind who mix with people who think like them ... same as the choppers and changers chop and change togeather same with anything in life you mix and chill with people with similar views to your self forming relationships what last

• Like 7

That's bollocks unless your in the special clique jog on you won't get a pup !

I have been gifted pups by men that haven't met me before other than a few pms and phone calls .

Obviously they done there homework to make sure I wasn't a shitehouse and I done the same. There's other lads on here that have been gifted pups that haven't been in the job long but because they trying to do the job right they've been gifted pups !

I don't forget favours done for me and I'm sure there's a lot of others that won't forget either.

There are good men out there that gift and I won't knock them because they're the heart of the job !!

Amen to that mm

If the decent blood wasn't passed on to idiots the terrier job wouldn't be in the state it's in now. I've tried to give out pups to lads I didn't know but all bar a few times I've regretted it, it's a funny old game. My advice to lads wanting better than they've got, do the best with what you have, the lads with decent stuff are always after good lads who'll bring a pup on right and give it a genuine chance.

• Like 14

I have never sold a pup in my life,most went to people I knew in the game.The few that I gave to people new to the game to get them started,I told them what I tell everybody if they don't suit they come back here.Two were sold for beer money,one was washed when he got him home and put out in a cold shed in winter,he died.One I took out of a fellows kennel because he was starving,one lad told me he did not make the grade he put him in a cage with a fox at five months.Mabye if I charged 300 they might think more of them.Edited to add I don't do it anymore.

Edited by liamdelaney
  • Like 7

I have never sold a pup in my life,most went to people I knew in the game.The few that I gave to people new to the game to get them started,I told them what I tell everybody if they don't suit they come back here.Two were sold for beer money,one was washed when he got him home and put out in a cold shed in winter,he died.One I took out of a fellows kennel because he was starving,one lad told me he did not make the grade he put him in a cage with a fox at five months.Mabye if I charged 300 they might think more of them.Edited to add I don't do it anymore.

jaysus Liam no offence mate but if you've gifted to men that starve freeze and one put in a cage with a fox at 5 months old then you've gotta ask yourself if your to blame as well ?
  • Like 4

If the decent blood wasn't passed on to idiots the terrier job wouldn't be in the state it's in now. I've tried to give out pups to lads I didn't know but all bar a few times I've regretted it, it's a funny old game. My advice to lads wanting better than they've got, do the best with what you have, the lads with decent stuff are always after good lads who'll bring a pup on right and give it a genuine chance.

totally disagree, letting a pup go to someone in no way affects what you and your mates do, what would make the terrier job in a better state would be sharing the good blood and then the overall quality of terriers being bred would go up, and this would in no way affect you or your breeding plans, also how do you know when someone enquires for a pup there (in your opinion) an idiot. they may just be thinking that about you? and all i can say about you giving pups to lads you dont know is you must have changed in the last 15 yrs or so?

• Like 1

It can often be a no win situation. You give some lads your pride and joy for nothing and they'll never have the same admiration as you've had for the breeding.

Then if you try to put a value to the pup by charging for it and it doesn't work out (and this can happen ANY body) they'll often sell the terrier to get their money back. It goes to it's next home and so on.

Then there's the lad who's 100% reliable and keeps to his word but hasn't a clue how to enter a terrier and ruins it. You get word back then that it's no good.

It's much harder than folk realise to place pups in good reliable homes and then get good honest input back of how your terrier worked out.

• Like 9

It's not the terriers that's the problem the poor fuckers have no say it's the ego's and the politics involved that's a lot of the problem. And I don't begrudge any lad selling a pup from good working stock at a price it's there choice if there over stocked there is some genuine lads out there that will pay for the right stuff and look after it if given a chance.

• Like 4

totally disagree, letting a pup go to someone in no way affects what you and your mates do, what would make the terrier job in a better state would be sharing the good blood and then the overall quality of terriers being bred would go up, and this would in no way affect you or your breeding plans, also how do you know when someone enquires for a pup there (in your opinion) an idiot. they may just be thinking that about you? and all i can say about you giving pups to lads you dont know is you must have changed in the last 15 yrs or so?

What makes a lad an idiot ? He wants a terrier for a start

After 30+ years in terriers I'd say I'm qualified to say 90% of lads will still have the same opinions and lack of knowledge at the end of their lives as they did in their first year.

• Like 11

i gave away a dog a 3 year ago just worker to worker bred but he was on the net for stud not long back witha a pure nuttall back ground with an add stating mr nuttall would confirm the dog is direct off his yard .. I was so tempted to ring up but i didnt wanna get into the b.s ... Sad old Craic it is

• Like 4

Trouble is some of the rubbish and fantastical stories that get written on here, with the odd photo thrown to make it look genuine can make some genuine lads think they are gifting pups to men who will work there dogs. I suppose you have to take a chance and hope that some find working homes and not the back yards of the "armchair experts".

• Like 6

wanting a working terrier makes u an idiot, I so agree lol

and

Thank god we are in the other 10 per cent eh dd lol

What makes a lad an idiot ? He wants a terrier for a start

After 30+ years in terriers I'd say I'm qualified to say 90% of lads will still have the same opinions and lack of knowledge at the end of their lives as they did in their first year.

totally disagree, letting a pup go to someone in no way affects what you and your mates do, what would make the terrier job in a better state would be sharing the good blood and then the overall quality of terriers being bred would go up, and this would in no way affect you or your breeding plans, also how do you know when someone enquires for a pup there (in your opinion) an idiot. they may just be thinking that about you? and all i can say about you giving pups to lads you dont know is you must have changed in the last 15 yrs or so?[/

quote]

would the quality go up though? Look at greyhounds -everyone has access to the same stud dogs - there's still as much dirt around as there always was if not more. .people are forgetting about luck -you could put a brilliant dog of a bitch of the same calibre and get pups that are an embarrassment to their parents or a neighbours heinz 57 breaks in and covers your bitch and you give them all away , then they turn out better than anything you ever had....neither scenario is likely but I've seen it happen

• Like 5

i gave away a dog a 3 year ago just worker to worker bred but he was on the net for stud not long back witha a pure nuttall back ground with an add stating mr nuttall would confirm the dog is direct off his yard .. I was so tempted to ring up but i didnt wanna get into the b.s ... Sad old Craic it is

Nothing would surprise me.

I went into a lads yard a few years back with another lad. There was two brown pups in a pen. I asked who bred them.

He said Neil Cooney.

• Like 7