Never Ceases To Amaze Me

I have to say the dog game and the people in it never ceases to suprise me. A couple of week back i rang a fella as he had a litter for sale. After a chat i popped round and i wasnt really impressed and knew he wasnt the real deal and a messer, so long drive home and i get a phone call, its the same fella he said 'if its not what your after ive got a 13 month old chocolate dog unentered ill let you take it for 400'?

Last night i rang a fella about a litter, my gut instinct told me he was full of shit as i later found out. After politely telling him im not interested he then offered to sell me the mother of the pups... Wtf are these lads game.

• Like 9

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is why lads with good stock hold it close so it dosent get prostituted and abused

If the decent blood wasn't passed on to idiots the terrier job wouldn't be in the state it's in now. I've tried to give out pups to lads I didn't know but all bar a few times I've regretted it, it's a

That's bollocks unless your in the special clique jog on you won't get a pup ! I have been gifted pups by men that haven't met me before other than a few pms and phone calls . Obviously they done t

Posted Images

And this is why lads with good stock hold it close so it dosent get prostituted and abused

And this is why genuine lads are traipsing around country trying to find decent stuff, but if your not in the elite special clique jog on basically, it's a vicious circle

Q.

How do you stop puppy pedling

A.

Refuse to sell any decent pups then anybody who wants a pup has to go to a.............lol

If it wasn't so funny it could be a tad worrying lol

• Like 1

Listen when you breed a litter of pups your responsible for ther wellbeing and future if you agree with selling them to the first 250 that turns up at your door crack on but you will never be in the 'elite special clique' as you call it

l it evryone got to start at the bottom depending on your actions and behaviour determins what stock will come your way it's not rocket science

Edit to say they lads with the best well worked stock don't sell that's a fact the serch out lads who can do ther pups justice and give them the work they need

Edited by Zilverhaze
  • Like 8

Listen when you breed a litter of pups your responsible for ther wellbeing and future if you agree with selling them to the first 250 that turns up at your door crack on but you will never be in the 'elite special clique' as you call it

l it evryone got to start at the bottom depending on your actions and behaviour determins what stock will come your way it's not rocket science

Edit to say they lads with the best well worked stock don't sell that's a fact the serch out lads who can do ther pups justice and give them the work they need

Spot on zilverhaze ?

That's bollocks unless your in the special clique jog on you won't get a pup !

I have been gifted pups by men that haven't met me before other than a few pms and phone calls .

Obviously they done there homework to make sure I wasn't a shitehouse and I done the same. There's other lads on here that have been gifted pups that haven't been in the job long but because they trying to do the job right they've been gifted pups !

I don't forget favours done for me and I'm sure there's a lot of others that won't forget either.

There are good men out there that gift and I won't knock them because they're the heart of the job !!

• Like 13

And this is why genuine lads are traipsing around country trying to find decent stuff, but if your not in the elite special clique jog on basically, it's a vicious circle

Q.

How do you stop puppy pedling

A.

Refuse to sell any decent pups then anybody who wants a pup has to go to a.............lol

If it wasn't so funny it could be a tad worrying lol

who are these lads in this elite special clique?

• Like 1

Well maybe the wording was a bit strong, yes I'll take that on the chin, it was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek, but I will stand by the point I am making, with the exception of saying some terrier men, not all. And yes there are some good lads in the game, a.c. And s.j. Stick in my mind as up there, however let's be honest, for every decent lad who will share a bit I reckon there's 5 that won't, so lads wanting a pup have to looking and were do they go. And just so we are crystal what people do with their dogs is completely up to them, absolutely, they want to keep them for them and there mates all good, I have absolutely nooooooooooo problem with that. But I do resent this puppy police mentality and this idea that you have to act a certain way or your not a real terrier man and don't deserve a dog!!!!! And this from people I would not probably go out with , absolutely laughable.

• Like 4

Well maybe the wording was a bit strong, yes I'll take that on the chin, it was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek, but I will stand by the point I am making, with the exception of saying some terrier men, not all. And yes there are some good lads in the game, a.c. And s.j. Stick in my mind as up there, however let's be honest, for every decent lad who will share a bit I reckon there's 5 that won't, so lads wanting a pup have to looking and were do they go. And just so we are crystal what people do with their dogs is completely up to them, absolutely, they want to keep them for them and there mates all good, I have absolutely nooooooooooo problem with that. But I do resent this puppy police mentality and this idea that you have to act a certain way or your not a real terrier man and don't deserve a dog!!!!! And this from people I would not probably go out with , absolutely laughable.

fair play but what do you mean act a certain way ? I think most men gifting pups are not looking for someone to act but to be honest and give the pup a fair crack at graft . There's nothing wrong with making sure your pups get a good home as you said there's a lot of wrong uns out there .
  • Like 8

If you look at thread, dogs doing, you will see that is one of my first posts? I generally watch from afar. The thread is basically about a genuine lad with decent stuff being questioned re selling a pup, that got me started, why does he have to explain to anyone? If he wants to breed his dog to a chihuahua and sell all the pups it's up to him...it's his dog. And when you sell a pup you can decide if it's to go to a working home granted, but if you sell surplus as pets , circus dogs or any thing else that comes to mind...it's up to you, there your pups! This does not make you not a real terriers an as some on here would say. I have personally bought pups over the years off b.n., p.b.,ac, kg, gm jp, and they all wanted money, are they puppy pedlars.......IMO most of the terriers about today wouldn't exist but for them selling stuff. If I have got it wrong so be it, but my considerable experience of dog men is that there are cliques, and a real sense of elitism amongst certain terrier men (not all) and I reckon there is a lot of lads reading this that will identify with it.

• Like 6

I think lads have every right to be cautious nowadays, not just with pups, but with who you talk to, thats why the best policy is to have the right people lined up for a pup before the bitch is even lined.

I think lads have every right to be cautious nowadays, not just with pups, but with who you talk to, thats why the best policy is to have the right people lined up for a pup before the bitch is even lined.

Have to agree with being cautious, sometimes(ESP if you keep yourself to yourself) you can't have people waiting when bitch drops nine healthy pups on you tho...what then sell or cull? I don't pretend to know ??

• Like 1