This Weekends Boxing

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive said before i liken this part of the forum to a pub where its often fun listening to the way different folk see the world.....on these boxing topics its usually pretty clear who has a little bit o

he's done well then putting himself on the right path and making something of himself ....should be patting him on the back.....shouldn't we?

That was a decent scrap, 2 young lads really having a go.. We're a fickle race eh, Joshua gets really tagged, comes through it and finishes the fight in a bit of style.. But he's still, chinny, the ne

Posted Images

perhaps they could step him up to fight Hughie fury hey,lol

Be brilliant knews if they did Hughie isn't a puncher but I'm sure held beat aj on points

And hopefully you are a man of your word like me and a charity gets a grand

Thats some chin on Whyte. Jesus he was meant to go down a few times but somehow stayed up.

I honestly think it will be a while before we see someone else take shots off AJ like that and stay on their feet...

Do you think he would of lasted longer or done better if he was in better shape he looked sloppy from round one whyte and still hurt aj early rounds

Well that was certainly an entertaining evening of boxing...at times for the wrong reasons...a decent enough finish by Joshua but thats about it...when Whyte caught him with a left in the 2nd round i thought christmas was coming early...but ya win some ya lose some...we knew Whyte wasnt really world class...now we know Joshua isnt either...he's just Audley Harrison with half the boxing skills...as soon as he steps up in class he's getting K.O'd thats pretty clear...now before someone tells me hes only a novice...only had 15 fights...you cant have it both ways...hyped as the next big thing and your fights PPV on one hand...exscuses on the other when he looks just average...David Haye was struggling to hide his glee...if he's half as good as he once was he would make short work of both...who to put him in with next though??...Hearns painted himself in a corner by setting a precedent making this PPV...he cant put him in with a nobody again...but step him up and the games over...bet Eddie didnt sleep well last night...but good to hear from Joshua's dad!...who came on just to tell us his son is defiantly not on steriods (when he clearly is)...comedy gold that :laugh:

Just add...the above is just my opinion as i know theres a few in the A.J fan club on here...but if you want to check out a decent Heavyweight British title fight...dig out Danny Williams-v-Mark Potter...just to put things in perspective...and that one wernt PPV

Edited by AKA-BRINDLE
  • Like 2

Shock of the night...who the hell was that teak little wisen monkeyman who beat Kevin Mitchell up???...where the f**k did he come from??!!...bet Anthony Crolla didnt sleep well last night either!...looked to me that Eddie Hearns desperate need to bolster the card up to justify it being PPV led to poor Luke Campbell being over matched...i didnt know they made Frenchmen that tough (neither did Hearn)...Tony Bellew needs to have a differnt route for his road work...one that dont go past KFC McD and burgerking...chisora was in better shape with only 2 days notice...but the biggest disgrace of the night was Gary O'sullivan ...fair play to Eubank Jnr for making a fight of it...and i have every respect for anyone who walks through them ropes...but at that level to quit in the way he did...and after all the talking he's done...he should hang his head in shame and walk away from the sport...in my opinion

Thats some chin on Whyte. Jesus he was meant to go down a few times but somehow stayed up.

I honestly think it will be a while before we see someone else take shots off AJ like that and stay on their feet...

I bet you were putting salt and vinegar on your hat in round 2. :laugh:

Well that was certainly an entertaining evening of boxing...at times for the wrong reasons...a decent enough finish by Joshua but thats about it...when Whyte caught him with a left in the 2nd round i thought christmas was coming early...but ya win some ya lose some...we knew Whyte wasnt really world class...now we know Joshua isnt either...he's just Audley Harrison with half the boxing skills...as soon as he steps up in class he's getting K.O'd thats pretty clear...now before someone tells me hes only a novice...only had 15 fights...you cant have it both ways...hyped as the next big thing and your fights PPV on one hand...exscuses on the other when he looks just average...David Haye was struggling to hide his glee...if he's half as good as he once was he would make short work of both...who to put him in with next though??...Hearns painted himself in a corner by setting a precedent making this PPV...he cant put him in with a nobody again...but step him up and the games over...bet Eddie didnt sleep well last night...but good to hear from Joshua's dad!...who came on just to tell us his son is defiantly not on steriods (when he clearly is)...comedy gold that :laugh:

Just add...the above is just my opinion as i know theres a few in the A.J fan club on here...but if you want to check out a decent Heavyweight British title fight...dig out Danny Williams-v-Mark Potter...just to put things in perspective...and that one wernt PPV

yeh deff when AJ steps up to higher level he could be in trouble, true but that's it right now there know body about to test him, he beat fury now :yes: so forget that one, haye would beat him, even AJ said him self haye would beat him. maybe 18 months on and couple long testing fights AJ might get better but who knows .!!

yeh deff when AJ steps up to higher level he could be in trouble, true but that's it right now there know body about to test him, he beat fury now :yes: so forget that one, haye would beat him, even AJ said him self haye would beat him. maybe 18 months on and couple long testing fights AJ might get better but who knows .!!

Lol held beat fury what planet do you come from

Don't forget it was four years ago when fury fought for British title..and in the past he has been dropped to the canvas by a lesser fighter than Dillian.. AJ will get better no doubt and no heavy weight is unbeatable.. To compare fury and AJ isn't fair imo.. Last night AJ will have learned a hell of a lot more about boxing and himself than his previous 14 fights.. I thought when he got his discipline back and got the jab going he looked good but got sloppy for a couple rounds going for the ko..

• Like 3