Is It Ever Right To Grass?

trouble is though I reckon there's a few of here that would call plod if say they saw two blokes driving suspiciously through the lanes with a couple of lurchers int back. Or even a couple of lads with terriers and spades if you take notice of the op lol ?

• Like 1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So if you suspect child abuse, you think that you have the same ability to determine guilt as the authorities? Or would you not do anything unless presented with undoubtable proof?   What about terr

Bloody hate Facebook   Especially those that give a running commentary of their life   Who gives a fook if you've just opened a bottle of wine

For something as silly as that then it's a definite "No".......all your being is a f***ing busy body

Posted Images

or making threats to grass when it suits..most lads carry camera of some sort out coursing,say your on land no perm and come across a gun club member or farmer carrying firearm saying he calling plod,say call them theres 4 of us saying you pointed weapon at us made threats to kill were prepared to go the whole hog and get your fac revoked,is that grassin.

two wrongs don't make it right surely lol ! Been caught on land with no permo he tells ya he's called plod so you say he's threatened you with hes gun so he's loses he's liscence lol f**k me yer I'd say that's being a weasel grass mate ? jmho in sure there's a few on here that might disagree though lol
  • Like 2

I'm afraid I don't believe 99% of the answers on this thread!!,,,put in a position where something was going on !!!you would phone the police.....

You see 3 -4 fellas coming out your neighbours house,,,after buglering it,,,I'm sure most of you would shout to your mrs phone the plod,,,then run out the house to try and stop them,,,a good % of you wouldn't even go out!!!but I bet the majority of you would call police,,,

A lot of plastic gangsters on here....lol

"Plastic gangsters " aint that the truth ,

I have learned to my cost over the years ,that those who shout loudest about "never grassing " no matter what , are the very people most likely to do just that .

• Like 3

I'm afraid I don't believe 99% of the answers on this thread!!,,,put in a position where something was going on !!!you would phone the police.....

You see 3 -4 fellas coming out your neighbours house,,,after buglering it,,,I'm sure most of you would shout to your mrs phone the plod,,,then run out the house to try and stop them,,,a good % of you wouldn't even go out!!!but I bet the majority of you would call police,,,

A lot of plastic gangsters on here....lol

"Plastic gangsters " aint that the truth ,

I have learned to my cost over the years ,that those who shout loudest about "never grassing " no matter what , are the very people most likely to do just that .

It's nothing to do with being a plastic gangsta it's just what you believe in and how your brought up imo Edited by dark-destroyer-85

or making threats to grass when it suits..most lads carry camera of some sort out coursing,say your on land no perm and come across a gun club member or farmer carrying firearm saying he calling plod,say call them theres 4 of us saying you pointed weapon at us made threats to kill were prepared to go the whole hog and get your fac revoked,is that grassin.

Lying to get someone else in the shit or make their life hard by using the system is as low as it gets IMO ...

Going back to the OPs original question...I think it's too general to answer.

Until someone is presented with a certain situation, I don't believe they can answer what they would do. The options are: Deal with it yourself, let someone else deal with it, or ignore it. I believe each situation could merit a different response.

As for dealing with it myself, it would have to be something pretty serious (i.e. hurting my family) before I would explore that option, but I also think in that situation you wouldn't sit there and weigh up the pros and cons, I think your instinct would be judge. I don't want to go to prison. I don't want my guns taken from me and I'm a big girls blouse. :laugh:

Personally I prefer to keep myself to myself but if and when something happens that changes that, then I'd have to reconsider.

But grassing for lamping hares? No. :thumbs:

Lying to get someone else in the shit or make their life hard by using the system is as low as it gets IMO ...

Especially when said person was in the wrong in the first place. That is grassing, not just snitching, as Gnasher would put it. Real low move that.

Fortunately keepers know how to deal with lowlifes like that, as it happens they have camera phones and witnesses too.

I hate the thought that another hunting/shooting/country man would feel the need to run to the police because he has to deal with lads out places they know they shouldn't be. Lads poach, I don't think many would hold that against them, so long as they play fair and f**k off when caught and don't take the piss. But is it any wonder keepers and farmers now go straight to the police with the agro that people with the above attitude cause? It's a pretty f***ing hard sell telling non hunting folk that lurchermen are often decent lads that just like running bunnies when their actual experiences are 1st or 2nd hand with the above! Telling them that not all lurchermen are going to rob the farm or drive the winter wheat gets difficult.

And before anybody says that they wouldn't want me as an acquaintance, save ya breath, the feeling is mutual.

• Like 3

but surely 1 bad turn deserves another,after all he started it.they usualy compromise when the situation is reversed,hes the most to lose,as for using the system thats why its there.

but surely 1 bad turn deserves another,after all he started it.they usualy compromise when the situation is reversed,hes the most to lose,as for using the system thats why its there.

Wouldn't you have started it by going on land without perm?

• Like 1

Going back to my first post....I haven't done anything and deep down I knew I wouldn't. I spend most of my time on the wrong side of the fence but what I do have is respect for the quarry, and when I see some scrawny little gobshite lamping what looks like nothing more than leverets why shouldn't he get grassed up? Ive read all the posts and the word plastic couldn't describe them any better.

no,no,were in ireland the said land [absentee landlord cant return]some club have pheasents on it and are making themselves busy its not their land,but all ime asking would you consider couter allegations grassing,after all they shouldnt be shooting hares we dont touch their pheasents.

no,no,were in ireland the said land [absentee landlord cant return]some club have pheasents on it and are making themselves busy its not their land,but all ime asking would you consider couter allegations grassing,after all they shouldnt be shooting hares we dont touch their pheasents.

If they're running pheasants on it Surely they would have permission and thus possibly charge/control of it to a certain extent.

I They might have tenant rights and or could be acting on behalf of the landlord so would that mean they could tell you to leave?

I don't know, just asking.

You said earlier in the thread that "touting is touting" or dosen't that count when youre getting your own back?

I'll gingerly admit it, I'm on 'jungle book' and I'm on a few 'working dog' groups . .

From time to time I see some stuff that really boils my p*ss, hares killed in long grass May time for example. .

One idiot even asked how he could get his dog to stand up on his hinds better, he can't see the hare in the grass!! That took the biscuit. .

But grassing for such things, for me you'd be bordering on the 'anti' side. That doesn't mean it's never right to grass, better put 'inform' . .

Would have to be serious though for me, rape and murder of the innocent, pedophilia obviously. . Not a lot else I can think of. . Ah, stealing a man's dog(s) of course!

• Like 3

You said earlier in the thread that "touting is touting" or dosen't that count when youre getting your own back?

your making him an offer he would be foolish to refuse,you bring trouble to us we will make allegations against you and have your fac revoked,its working the system after all it was him that first mentioned calling the peelers so hes declared his hand,so far its worked and they have seen sense,so no touting yet by us to get our own back.lol