1St September

A day i wont forget in a hurry, out with the dog n ferrets, took a bad fall climbing over some fencing, fencing was rotten and gave way on me, and down i went, dont know how long i was sparked out, but when i came round, i was frozen to the bone, barbed wire around my left leg, and up my back, also i had landed with the ferret box under my back, took me ages to untangle myself, then made my way home, went to bed the night slight pain in my back, following night 2 20 am absolute agony, i couldnt move, my lady had the paramedics out. he said it looks like ribs, cos my back was badly bruised, gives me the option of going to hospital, but said theres not much they can do if its ribs, so i stayed home, ended up going to my doctor, sent me for x rays, cracked rib and cartilage damage, then other complications set in, suppose cos of my age, left leg swollen twice its size, chest infection, and blurred vision, couldnt lie down cos of the pain, spent my nights since the 1st, propped up in my armchair, between cushions, was told it would be 4 to 6 weeks before im back on my feet, fek me have i missed my outings, glad to say im on the mend, ive just got a hacking cough at the moment, i have some pms from folks, i will answer you soon, thank you

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol I well liked down there , they only charge me 6 rabbits or leg fallow for a quickie get well Keith there's not many of us old feckers left on here now . you be ok mate, when idon

Glad to see you back pal everyone was asking for you I told them glaydis up the road had done you a injury lol

Must admit IWW ,,and ray are my heros,,out with the dogs all day,,and still chasing skirt,,lol..   Get wel soon mate

Speedy recovery Water of leith, ironically had an episode with barbed wire and rotten fenceposts myself out lamping last Thursday no where as bad as yours, two deep cuts in my thigh and the erse ripped out my breeks and a hurt pride lol.....

It just goes to show you don't have to be in a remote wilderness for things to go quickly wrong and find yourself in serious trouble ...its always a good idea to let someone know your plans and the area you are visiting if you are going it alone. To The comments saying that you have bad luck I'd say the opposite you were lucky to come round and get yourself home...wishing you a speedy recovery ..kanny

• Like 3