Antis Dug Up A Sett

If said reinforced set is on private land isn't it a case of criminal damage to rip up any land with a digger without permission????? And if permission was granted isn't the land owner or Tennant responsible for willfully damaging disturbing a bagger set????

If said reinforced set is on private land isn't it a case of criminal damage to rip up any land with a digger without permission????? And if permission was granted isn't the land owner or Tennant responsible for willfully damaging disturbing a bagger set???? If like said they have skimmed several feet off the surface could you not virtually guaranty they have broken through some pipes in the process

Edited by leethedog

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hope they dont start doing that over here dont think i got room for a still saw in the car

Someone should report it to the relevant authorities, see where it goes

They are a law unto themselves, stuff like this should be stored and used by solicitors etc. for lads that are put up in court accused of badger baiting, badger digging etc. How they can do that is to

they can do ya for walking over a set,a mate of mine was walking over a set with dogs on lead and was caught with hidden camera never had any gear with him and was charged and fined for disturbing a set so no they cant skim the top of and if farmers were caught on with machinary near a set they to would be done read the definition of disturbing a set,you only have to be within metres of it to be disturbing it

If it was to be used as a example in court they would need a record of it. phone police and say someone is up to something in the area with concretd and diggers in the dead of night so police have to attend and log it . Then their will be a incident number or something.

• Like 1

There's a project going on next to the raith interchange near strathclyde park were they have had to bulldozer right through two badger setts as far as I know they trapped the badger and are in a sanctuary until work is finished and two artificial badger setts are to be built this project is compulsory and the farmer who's land the setts are on is being billed £7000 to replace the badger setts. These wildlife punters are comedians.

By removing the top layer of soil of the sett they are disturbing the sett and whatever resides within same as if you put a lamp on a river after dark you can be prosecuted for disturbing fish even though you are not actually touching them.A friend of mine some years back was done for disturbing a badger sett because he bolted a fox from it,he had dead fox as evidence but they still done him and no evidence of badger in the earth.

Facts lads please ,lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story .You cannot get your collar felt for walking over a sette with dogs ,in fact the accidental act of a terrier entering a sette is not unlawful either as it happens but digging into a tube to retrieve it is plus the act of disturbing a badger .The wording of the badger act states it is an offence to interferre with the sette .This concerns the sette within and not surround and applies as stated to anywhere a badger resides .There are guidelines from defra as to how far anyone can work around it including driving posts in the ground so as not to break through .Entrances are covered by this act so by sticking pipes in they are breaking the law .I would be informing police if it were near me and finding out who did it ,someone would talk .

• Like 3