Antis Dug Up A Sett

Just been to a local sett for a nosey as i heard the news. The antis hired a machine and skimmed several foot off the whole area and leveled with concrete and rebar then put earth back over the top of it. Twin walled plastic pipes are shoved in to hold up the entrances. Im sure this is classed as disturbing a sett. Anyone heard this before.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hope they dont start doing that over here dont think i got room for a still saw in the car

Someone should report it to the relevant authorities, see where it goes

They are a law unto themselves, stuff like this should be stored and used by solicitors etc. for lads that are put up in court accused of badger baiting, badger digging etc. How they can do that is to

Just been to a local sett for a nosey as i heard the news. The antis hired a machine and skimmed several foot off the whole area and leveled with concrete and rebar then put earth back over the top of it. Twin walled plastic pipes are shoved in to hold up the entrances. Im sure this is classed as disturbing a sett. Anyone heard this before.

They do this on a night whilst the badgers are out :whistling:

Yes I've seen similar in West Yorks to protect the sett, but what really happens a couple of years later the badgers never stop excavating but come up against this mesh and cant get out of the sett that route.

Y.I.S Leeview

The EV done it along by the railway we cleared the pigs out and they built them a nice bunker like thing in the wood shame they didn't like it and moved on as they couldn t get back into the railway bank as it had been meshed over

They are a law unto themselves, stuff like this should be stored and used by solicitors etc. for lads that are put up in court accused of badger baiting, badger digging etc. How they can do that is totally beyond me when the law says it's illegal to interfere or destroy a badger sett. Who's to say they didn't collapse the tubes underneath and suffocate the bloody things?

• Like 3

dont you have to break through or trench into a tube or chamber to interfere? Farmers plough over top of them and iys okay

Very good point :thumbs:

They are a law unto themselves, stuff like this should be stored and used by solicitors etc. for lads that are put up in court accused of badger baiting, badger digging etc. How they can do that is totally beyond me when the law says it's illegal to interfere or destroy a badger sett. Who's to say they didn't collapse the tubes underneath and suffocate the bloody things?

Maybe they know the law better than some of us or our legal reprisentatives :hmm: as look what katchem says and i'd say that has some sence about it as how can digging BY a sett be disturbing it? where as breaking through into it would be. :yes:

hope they dont start doing that over here dont think i got room for a still saw in the car

Lol,had to go and borrow a Con Saw once,we were doing an earth beside a silage pit and the farmer swore that it did not run towards the concrete slab,how wrong he was and how foolish we were to let the terrier in but we got a result after a bit of work with the saw and a sledge hammer.