Small Van Advise

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vw caddy for reliability, 1.9 is the better engines, citroen is good on fuel but watch out for real axel wear, ford well take a chance

Yes vw dear if go rong. Feck french motors. Ford all way. But each to there own

Avoid french cars unless you want to throw money away. If you look after either of the other two you should get a few hundred thousand miles from them.

Old berlingo 1.9 none turbo from about 1998 - 2003... = bomb proof.. cheap as chips..nowt to go wrong on em...then the 2.0 hdi is the next decent one...not the 1.6hdi.. not as reliable.

Caddy are ace but its got to be the TDI not the SDI. . .I've just sold a nice 05 plate silver with alloys etc etc caddy with 208k on the clock for £2100.. it wasn't mint but it was a tidy to look at and ran perfect.

Your not gonna get a decent Caddy for less than £2500. or a decent Connect at that price.

For your £1500 I would go for a Berlingo or Partner 2.0 HDI on about a 04 -06 plate with lowest miles on you can find..The french stuff is cheaper and there's plenty of parts for them cheap as chips.

Another option is an estate car...depending on what you need a van for..the insurance can be more expensive on commercial vehicles.

The options with estate cars is endless.

Those 1.6 hdi are shite, go for a 1.9 or 2.0 hdi

I got a 53 berlingo car 2.0 hdi bought it off my dad,last August ,and from sept to June this year I drove just over 80 mile a day, 3 days a week ,plus used it on the days I didn't do that journey on tip runs shopping etc,never missed a beat,

Only thing I've had is front discs an pads, only niggle is engine management light sometimes comes on for abit,which dad warned me about.

I like the 2.0 hdi engines I find them tough and economical.

Bloody hate cars never enuff money for what you want and always bloody breaking I swear Iam going too buy a fecking horse thx for all the help lads think use have got me more confused on what too buy then when I first started

if an estate car would do you,get an a4 audi tdi,estate make sure its the oul shape 99.2000.stick a timing belt n water pump init,best yoke on the road,imo.and you should get a luck penny out of a grand for a good 1,

Bloody hate cars never enuff money for what you want and always bloody breaking I swear Iam going too buy a fecking horse thx for all the help lads think use have got me more confused on what too buy then when I first started

For the money you have to spend, just get a Belingo.

Ive got a 08 caddy and its a good van never had a problem with it. I had a astra before it and that was a heap of junk gutless and bad quality the caddy has a better ride hight i was forever catching the bottom of the astra going through gate ways and feilds in it and you cant get much in the back with them being low so you have to crawl in to get something from the back. Where as theres plenty room in the caddy