Small Van Advise

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vw caddy for reliability, 1.9 is the better engines, citroen is good on fuel but watch out for real axel wear, ford well take a chance

Yes vw dear if go rong. Feck french motors. Ford all way. But each to there own

Avoid french cars unless you want to throw money away. If you look after either of the other two you should get a few hundred thousand miles from them.

Well Citroen is out of the running based

I wouldn't touch a connect.

I know its not on your list but at that sort of age a Vauxhall Combo is always a good bet. :thumbs:

my mate had one and it was getting fixed a lot constant problem the list he gave me that he had too fix on it in 3 years was daft Edited by BIGLURKS

I drive a caddy now and give anything to have my connect back. 53 plate, had it from new, never let me down, sold it with 183k on the clock as it got a bit tatty cosmetically..... My caddy is shite! 1.9 sdi wouldn't pull skin off custard. I bloody hate it!

Matt

I drive a caddy now and give anything to have my connect back. 53 plate, had it from new, never let me down, sold it with 183k on the clock as it got a bit tatty cosmetically..... My caddy is shite! 1.9 sdi wouldn't pull skin off custard. I bloody hate it!

Matt

Yep heard few say caddy coudlnt pull socks off a dead man lol

vw caddy for reliability, 1.9 is the better engines, citroen is good on fuel but watch out for real axel wear, ford well take a chance

how much better are the Citroen on fuel

the 1.6 hdi is doing around 55 mpg average, obviously depends on how heavy the load is

I've got an old Berlingo 1.9.........i paid £450 for it 4 years ago, 2000 plate :icon_eek: Starts first time no matter how cold, runs like a top, not bad on diesel, and only an odd spot of rust, you need arms like a gorilla parking it with no power steering, but that's the only thing i don't like about it, maybe a bit of a one off by the sound of it though?

I've got an old Berlingo 1.9.........i paid £450 for it 4 years ago, 2000 plate :icon_eek: Starts first time no matter how cold, runs like a top, not bad on diesel, and only an odd spot of rust, you need arms like a gorilla parking it with no power steering, but that's the only thing i don't like about it, maybe a bit of a one off by the sound of it though?

I had a 406 hdi, and it stopped with 286000 miles on it,

I had a 406 hdi, and it stopped with 286000 miles on it,

I bought this one to put me on, never expected it to last, i've abused it a bit, never done an oil change, or even the fuel filter, i've never even washed it in 4 years, it just keeps going, just failed the MOT because a front coil springs snapped, but that's it... can't complain at all mate :thumbs:

Astra's are superb. Got 243,000 out of my last one. I've had citroen and I rate them, I think they're a great motor. The fords I wouldn't touch with a bargepole, I have had two and they were both crap! I guess our opinions all vary because cars vary and one man's 'good little runner' is the next mans 'money pit'...it's all a gamble.... :victory: