What Makes People Tough

Had a discussion with a friend of mine today he was telling me you get two tipes of hardened, tough or what ever you want to call them people, the first tipe is someone who has been bought up tough or had a tough life the second tipe is someone who's mindset is hardened and there mindset makes them tough, so I'm asking you all is it the way your life goes or is it all in the mind please discuss

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A keyboard

parents knowing or seeing the child fight for life that they may not win yet they remain dignified and strong for there child is a toughness i believe takes some beating

Tom Crean - you've probably never heard of him, but that's him in my avatar.   There are many tales of his heroism -he travelled to the Antarctic twice with Shackleton - but the best known is from S

Theres a guy called Kevin Carr just completed a round the world run today,took him 2 years,he was interviewed earlier on the news,said the physical side of the run wasnt so bad once you got into the routine,said it was the mental wall he kept running into that was the tough part.Ranulph Feinnes is in the sahara desert at the moment,running 156 miles in 6 days in sizzling heat,he is 71 years old,I read an interview he once did,he is mentally focused.

• Like 5

different types of toughness some happy to get in a scrap but if you asked them to do 8 hours work which involved physical discomfort all day would be crying like a baby

Another example like mackem has given requires toughness again when your legs and body are screaming stop but you just run through it

• Like 3

Theres a guy called Kevin Carr just completed a round the world run today,took him 2 years,he was interviewed earlier on the news,said the physical side of the run wasnt so bad once you got into the routine,said it was the mental wall he kept running into that was the tough part.Ranulph Feinnes is in the sahara desert at the moment,running 156 miles in 6 days in sizzling heat,he is 71 years old,I read an interview he once did,he is mentally focused.

you really have to take your hat off to that fella bloody amazing man!
  • Like 2

different types of toughness some happy to get in a scrap but if you asked them to do 8 hours work which involved physical discomfort all day would be crying like a baby

Another example like mackem has given requires toughness again when your legs and body are screaming stop but you just run through it

Sounds a bit like me tbh lmfao

imo being tough is a combination of physical and mental robustness and nothing else.

being focused or talented etc has feck all to do with it,the physical sides more nurture the mental side more nurture imo.

i'm sure we all know lads who's fathers are tough basterds but they themselves are complete fannys.

• Like 1