Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I've often thought that there's two running dog "types" that could be considered "breeds" in their own right;

The coursing dog and the non-ped whippet.

They both breed true to type and can trace their "pedigree's" way, way back.

Could they be registered as "The British Coursing Hound", and "The British Race Dog" ?

On second thoughts; I wouldn't want the Kennel Club getting their hands on them and ruining them, so perhaps best to just leave it as it is ! LOL !

Cheers.

Kennel club would probably improve modern coursing dogs.

Only joking before anyone goes off on one ?

16 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

Is that the lad that does the nighthunter whippet YouTube channel selling those pups? Sounds like his mrs or something doing the advert the way it’s worded? Needs f***ing off instantly if it is people like him aren’t proper dog men they’ll be the ruination of working lines.

What lines ? There just whippets with dodgy owners 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1

I've found my white,what I call a whippet but is 1/4 grey has a different running style to pure whippets I've owned.Even though only 32 pound she is way more greyhound when running although quick off the mark,so the running style may be a way to classify a running dog?

tilly.JPG

21 hours ago, fred90 said:

I wonder how many will actually pay that for them? 

Only yanks  the gullible and folk with far too much money. .  They wouldn’t get any where in the show. ring  except a country show and are unproven on the coursing field  over time , guessing they havnt raced at the many clubs.or it will be documented in all three disciplines most whippets catch rabbits only a very few are very good at that day n night ,  So it’s only the blue factor they going on lol 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Only yanks  the gullible and folk with far too much money. .  They wouldn’t get any where in the show. ring  except a country show and are unproven on the coursing field  over time , guessing they havnt raced at the many clubs.or it will be documented in all three disciplines most whippets catch rabbits only a very few are very good at that day n night ,  So it’s only the blue factor they going on lol 

Hit the nail right on the head mate