Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

I thought when ped whippets got to £350-£400 it was over the top , but £3,000 !

You can get a very well bred non-ped whippet for around £100-£200, a far superior animal, in my mind.

Just my opinion, of course.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Is that the lad that does the nighthunter whippet YouTube channel selling those pups? Sounds like his mrs or something doing the advert the way it’s worded? Needs f***ing off instantly if it is people like him aren’t proper dog men they’ll be the ruination of working lines.

Edited by Shadow100
2 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Is that the lad that does the nighthunter whippet YouTube channel selling those pups? Sounds like his mrs or something doing the advert the way it’s worded? Needs f***ing off instantly if it is people like him aren’t proper dog men they’ll be the ruination of working lines.

I read yesterday that he's packed in the whippets and there's a few litters due now out of one of his stud dogs

I gave  £150 for my blue and white bitch and gave the last whippet I owned out of her to a mate for free when he lost his lurcher in the field 

3AA71B7A-2A0C-4D4E-8E4A-DAE36CD698CA.jpeg

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't understand this new craze, lads get a camera & a YouTube account next thing they’re making kennel names and peddling pups. Like that lad that goes ferreting in the Mercedes with that bitch molly the machine or whatever it’s called. I’d be embarrassed to let people know that was my dog never mind film it.

Edited by Shadow100

Seen a couple of them nighthunter whippets both would pull up at the second spot was strange if you walked the first area they seem ok caught a few made some nice catches but as soon as ya put em in the motor to run elsewhere theyd flat out refuse rabbits on the end of there nose.