Labrador Lurchers.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree in essence with what you are saying, but, a lot depends on your type of hunting. Many moons ago I bought a first cross collie/grey from Hancock much to the dismay and against the advice of t

this bitch was half lab. good allround fur and feather day and night in her day  

Here you go w uyang, pointer x saluki bull grey

Posted Images

the one i seen regular took all edible and did it well took foxes but liked things his own way in that dept there was one liverpool way that took alot of foxes bosun could tell you more i saw abit of another one but was sold but that also was showing promise its a cross that seems hardy and a cross im surprised is not done more often has long has the right mix is used

• Like 2

had one back in the 80s pure black too heavy for hare. never put him to anything else. was a handful if he took a dislike to somebody. and my part of the town was a no go area for cats. funny enough i also own a lean trial bred lab 14 months. loves out will the lurcher :yes:

I have only heard good things about this cross, but there must be a reason why they are not popular. It could be that they just don't look the part.

prob more to with people worrying ,that it might throw to the lab and get on the heavy side , but put back to whippet x grey I reckon you get a good lurcher, with good nose for mooching good feet+coat, as labs have great coats , and ok for nice steady lamping . get the right type lab from good working lines and good whippet x grey should be bang on. :thumbs:

• Like 1

i can only go on what i seen matey but he did tick the boxes on all edible good natural retriever both land and water run clever was good to say good feet and coat and pleasant round dogs and folk why its a cross not used more often i dont know but its certainly a cross from what ive seen worth trying

• Like 1

i think something along those lines would be ideal for a knockabout lurcher bird. Plenty of good healthy working labs around not sure if some folk would want their highly trained working lab crossed with some old greyhound though. Its not the done thing you know old boy.