Flawless..

I wished this little 22 inch fecker couldn't jumps as high,,, just had to shout the feker down,, stood on top of a 6 foot high ferret hutch,,, baiting the two labs next door,, lol

The older dog has few flaws,,, not found anything yet with this pup,,, but it is still only a pup,,, that said I wish it was 3 inch taller and 20lbs heavier

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's exactly what I was meaning on my opening post Phil,some of the flaws these pot lickers have here as a young eager hunter as I was back in the day then I'd just not of stood for it to be honest.

can i join in this topic please with my whippet, flaws, just the 1, here she is in pursuit of a tree rat, will she climb the bloody tree to get at it, fekin useless, seriously now lads, you will neve

In truth,..the dogs I have now,..I would not have kept,..back in the day...   But,.in terms of contentment and usefulness, for the job in hand,...I am happy with my stock.   The biggest problem s

Posted Images

Would those of you that said they wouldn't tolerate certain faults back in the day, say they had better dogs then or now ?

Personally for me I always state the best dog I ever owned was a dog I had in the 80's and 90's but perhaps because I only ever used him for lamping and he was darn good at it had I had him today and do as I do these days with my lurchers he may very well not of been the best in fact I'd be amazed if he were lol.. We ate,slept and hunted hard back then,it was crazy shit mate..he ran,retrieved,killed and that's all I wanted of my dog back then,the gear he caught was pretty unbelievable to most but he did..basically he and I were tools of the trade,nothing more and nothing less I suppose..these days although my dogs see plenty I take things at a more sedate pace,my dogs don't need to be machine like in their work,I accept their flaws,they are part of our family unit..but back then it was "serious" or that's how I felt it to be and I only wanted the best..these days I'm happy enough with the gang I house..flaws and all ??

• Like 2

Last dog his only flaw IMO was he died :cry:

This current one's biggest flaw is he is a cnut of the highest order and will not stop smashing bones off my tiled floor. Twat has broke 3 tiles in as many weeks :laugh:

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1

can i join in this topic please with my whippet, flaws, just the 1, here she is in pursuit of a tree rat, will she climb the bloody tree to get at it, fekin useless, :laugh: seriously now lads, you will never know the years of happinessthis dog has brought to me, does fur n feather, works cover, swims it dont bear thinking about life without her, like ive said before, she has to work that bit harder on some of her catches, where a bigger dog would do it in there stride, but when she pulls it off, a sight to behold, ive had a great few hours out with her this afternoon, and guess how many she bagged, NONE,

post-59960-0-41738300-1424279421_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

When I was younger I was taught what a running dog should be by my superior and older mentors who had the knowlege and experience through working dogs years before me, they had good dogs and new how to get the best from them the proof for me was what they was catching and how there dogs behaved they also showed me that in pursuit of there game sometimes its more about the man behind the dog in the sense that you have to walk the walk to get that game in front of the dog.

As I grew older I formed my own opinions on what I wanted from a dog (I look back now about being talked into re homing a very good dog that was hard mouthed by one of these mentors the young and influenced teen did this back then in pursuit of excellence but now I realise it was out of malice by him) but it goes without saying some basics was installed ie dog must be obedient and retrieve this was of course down to me to teach.

Its hard when you've had dogs that have suited you and your needs and a great friendship have been had to replace them with dogs that just dont meet your standards is a bitter pill to swallow and no one likes to feel like there going backwards picking out the positives and working around the negatives sometimes just feels like a compromise and although some faults can be over looked like for me a hard mouth others carnt.

No dogs 100% perfect and to be fair why would you want it to be because if you do get perfection were do you go from there the main thing for me is that the good things dont make you worry or notice about the faults. The only thing that time has taught me is this your dog has to only please one person you its owner.

• Like 2

Last dog his only flaw IMO was he died :cry:

This current one's biggest flaw is he is a cnut of the highest order and will not stop smashing bones off my tiled floor. Twat has broke 3 tiles in as many weeks :laugh:

love that little mongrel,,,, lo,,,,,

• Like 1

At the end of the day we got to remeber their dogs not machines !! But my little blue bitch is my favourite Iv put her in as many different situations as I could and she's been pretty good pre ban she wouldn't be no drawing dog but for the amount of day work she does and at the distance she works in the day she's doesn't hunt up on the lamp the little shit keeps me happy she might not make someone else happy but do I give a f**k nope not atall

• Like 1

funny you mention old don as your favourite,the last time ive seen dons sister in scotland i was very impressed with her,swept rabbits and knocked over any stuff that was put in front of her,also did not no when to get tired,a bit like your mate fuji,only problem i could honestly say is she would FUXKING eat you if you got between her and her owner,in the back of the van i was terrified to even look at her,your mate does not see that as a problem he said,because he mostly hunts solo,but it would be a problem for me,

• Like 1