Flawless..

Just a quick question guys..are you REALLY happy with your running dog/s? All of mine have flaws which would likely see them put on the dog merry go round at best or culled I dare say..maybe as I'm ageing I've come to terms and accept their misdemeanors for when I was younger I couldn't and wouldn't tolerate what I do to an extent these days..how about you guys,what or what not is acceptable or a definite no no when it comes to keeping a lurcher?

• Like 3

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's exactly what I was meaning on my opening post Phil,some of the flaws these pot lickers have here as a young eager hunter as I was back in the day then I'd just not of stood for it to be honest.

can i join in this topic please with my whippet, flaws, just the 1, here she is in pursuit of a tree rat, will she climb the bloody tree to get at it, fekin useless, seriously now lads, you will neve

In truth,..the dogs I have now,..I would not have kept,..back in the day...   But,.in terms of contentment and usefulness, for the job in hand,...I am happy with my stock.   The biggest problem s

Posted Images

My cnut wont lamp in the rain its only recently so hopefully I can sort it

Funny you said that was just reading this morning about a coursing dog that is VERY well known and it was the same in the rain? If you lived where I do it would have no option haha..even now as I'm typing its bouncing off the pavement..what type of dog buddy do you have?

• Like 1

If you can't understand all dogs have faults and how to work around a dogs faults then your'll never be happy with them nor will you ever make it as a dog man,,But you can send that pot licker Swift down any time if she's that bad Fuji :laugh: ....

• Like 6

If you can't understand all dogs have faults and how to work around a dogs faults then your'll never be happy with them nor will you ever make it as a dog man,,But you can send that pot licker Swift down any time if she's that bad Fuji :laugh: ....

That mutt Swift don't like running the scree and rocky places mate would be OK down your way I guess? She runs like she's on 6 inch high heels on it the fooking woofter of a thing haha

• Like 4

As someone said just work round there faults one of mine prey drive was just to much and he was coming to 5 years old was coming on great and his life came to a end after tolerating for 4 seasons and this one was going to be his best as in more controllible and he got killed sods law but what I'm trying to say is stick by them

• Like 3

its about being realistic and simply enjoying them for what they are as opposed to what they are not, and trying to get the very best out of them,

I'd agree with that..in fact having been around running dogs a good lot of years now,I've realised that many of the people whom I thought had dogs that really were flawless through their owners mouths talk were and are in fact far from it..I know for certain that many people wouldn't entertain what I keep in my kennels but like Fireman said I try and work each to their strengths and in the main keep the flaws they have to a minimum..

• Like 9