Sheep Killers.. Shoot Them Or School Them

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe its owners responsibilty to break dog to livestock while its a pup before it kills another mans livelihood

If I had a dog which was previously stock broken, and for what ever reason it broke conditioning and started killing stock (any stock) I would bury it. There is no other responsible course of action

I also agree with you Dunkanon,but the dog I heard about was an outstanding animal on every quarry and his encounter with mutton was known and his sins overlooked with the strict practice of never run

I KNOW A CHAP WHO HAS TAKEN OUT LURCHERS FROM A SNIPERS POSITION ON A AREA WHICH ATRACTED A LOT OF HARE COURSERS

THE LAND HE SHOT THEM ON BELONGS TOO HIM, IVE NEVER SEEN HIM DO IT PERSONELY BUT NO OF A LAD WHOS LURCHER WAS DROPPED FROM RANGE ON THIS CHAPS LAND AND IT WASNT EVEN NEAR SHEEP.

There is a farmer near me who will shoot ya dog at ya feet no fecking he found some travelers on his land looking for their dog he told em stay there I'll find it and came back with their dead lurcher and chucked it in the back of their truck and told em to feck off this farmer has NO live stock he's arable 2 weeks later his barn gets burnt to the floor still aint stopped him shooting dogs mostly coursing dogs

So if a dog has pulled a sheep down, the farmer can shoot it?

What is the law on a farmer shooting a dog chasing his cattle on his land?

same as it is for any livestock ...

yes

So if a dog has pulled a sheep down, the farmer can shoot it?

What is the law on a farmer shooting a dog chasing his cattle on his land?

same as it is for any livestock ...

yes

it doesn't even have to have pulled it. just running out of control amongst them

• Like 1

I KNOW A CHAP WHO HAS TAKEN OUT LURCHERS FROM A SNIPERS POSITION ON A AREA WHICH ATRACTED A LOT OF HARE COURSERS

THE LAND HE SHOT THEM ON BELONGS TOO HIM, IVE NEVER SEEN HIM DO IT PERSONELY BUT NO OF A LAD WHOS LURCHER WAS DROPPED FROM RANGE ON THIS CHAPS LAND AND IT WASNT EVEN NEAR SHEEP.

think he deserved a good kicking from a distance sounds a right PRICK

• Like 1

think he deserved a good kicking from a distance sounds a right PRICK

:thumbs::yes:

A dog deemed to be WORRYING any livestock is reason enough to sllow a farmer to shoot it, be it chickens, sheep, goats, cattle, horses, doesn't matter. Worrying needn't neccessarily be chasing either! On the other hand i do feel for farmers who loose sheep to dogs. 99% of the time its non working pet dogs let run loose around the place and go on the prowl at night. Another case i know of it turned out to be his own sheep dog was a rogue and started killing at night after working them perfect during the day!!

I was reading three cases of dog attacks on sheep in the farmers journal this week. Three cases in co meath. They destroyed a hell of alot of sheep.... Think they managed to shoot one, a lab x alasation the farmer reconed it was.

Sheep are funny fuckers, After a fright like a dog attack the whole flock could abort and a good amount of them if not all will not go in lamb the following year by all accounts.

Do you believe it's your responsibility to protect another mans livelihood from a dog that's turned it's head to sheep by putting it down with no hesitation or do you believe you owe it to the dog to break it with the use of certain technics I.e the use of shock collars ect?

Personally I will try break the dog.

Its the owners duty to stock train his dogs,many find that a tedious exercise.Accidents happen at times,if they happen twice then its time to dig an hole,3 times and its the owner that needs the shock collar.

• Like 3

Do you believe it's your responsibility to protect another mans livelihood from a dog that's turned it's head to sheep by putting it down with no hesitation or do you believe you owe it to the dog to break it with the use of certain technics I.e the use of shock collars ect?

Personally I will try break the dog.

Its the owners duty to stock train his dogs,many find that a tedious exercise.Accidents happen at times,if they happen twice then its time to dig an hole,3 times and its the owner that needs the shock collar.

Agree, an remember the op was not wether a dog had a chase or pulled a fleece. We are talki.g about a dog thats gone the whole hog and killed a sheep