Sheep Killers.. Shoot Them Or School Them

ALRIGHT TROOPS.

HAD A 1ST X COLL/GREW ONCE MUSTA BEEN IN THE TOP 2% OF OF THE BEST ALLROUNDER IVE EVER OWNED OR EVER SEEN ON RABBITS/FOX/DEER.

NEVER TOUCHED SHEEP IN HIS LIFE DUE TO BEING AROUND THEM ON A DAILY BASIS ON THE FARM EVEN SEEN HIM SLEEPING ON BAILS IN THE SAME PEN AND SHEDS NEVER BOTHERD HIS ARSE WITH THEM.

IDVE SAID THIS DOG WOULDVE NEVER IN A MILLION YRS LOOKED AT A SHEEP.

LONG STORY /SHORT!

3YRS OLD WATCHED SUMMIT JST TURN IN HIS HEAD ONE DAY .

100YRDS ,OVER TWO FENCES AND BANG STRAIGHT TOO THE NECK.

WHILST HE WAS INBOUND ON HIS TARGET I WAS SCREAMING AND SHOUTING AT HIM TO STOP AS I JST SEEN HIS BODY LANGUAGE CHANGE IN AN INSTANT AND BOY DID HE HAVE TUNNEL VISION .ONLY THING THATVE STOPPED HIM THAT DAY WOULDA BEEN A 243.

HE WAS DUELLY TAKEN TOO THE RIVER!!!!

LUCKELY THE SHEEP WAS ONE OV OURS AND MADE A GOOD FEW RUBY, S.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe its owners responsibilty to break dog to livestock while its a pup before it kills another mans livelihood

If I had a dog which was previously stock broken, and for what ever reason it broke conditioning and started killing stock (any stock) I would bury it. There is no other responsible course of action

I also agree with you Dunkanon,but the dog I heard about was an outstanding animal on every quarry and his encounter with mutton was known and his sins overlooked with the strict practice of never run

Quick question if you had a genuine dog very successful, done the lot so to speak. Would you cull if the dog took it's hand to sheep? I don't mean purposely hunting them as those dogs are good for f**k all, but I mean would take one if in the same field... ?

my bitch has always been fairly steady with sheep ,although one time while hunting up

in the day there was one the wrong side of a fence in a spinney,caught up in bramble.

the lads lab and springer ,and my lurcher and terrier all piled in ,but my bitch had lost it,

and wanted to carry on.

so yes they can be safe and then turn especially if sheep aren't the norm.

I asked my mate to shoot her as i was gutted but he would'nt, glad i didn't,and although i never trusted 100%,

she never done it again ,although i was able to read the signs if they was about.

so no i'd try and re-train and put more effort in rather than pts

• Like 1

Quick question if you had a genuine dog very successful, done the lot so to speak. Would you cull if the dog took it's hand to sheep? I don't mean purposely hunting them as those dogs are good for f**k all, but I mean would take one if in the same field... ?

THEY DOO ONE THEYLL DO IT AGAIN!

• Like 2

that's my thinking

I never said it wouldn't mate... I meant if the dog did everything and more that you wanted from a lurcher but started killing sheep, would you PTs?

We had saluki x that done a sheep I apologised to the farmer and paid for the sheep the farmer told me to bring the dog to the farm yard the following Saturday I did as asked he put the dog in a pen in the barn with a fully grown hand reared ram don't know what type but it was very aggressive und butted the shite out of the dog the dog was screaming its head off after that it couldn't even bring its self to look at a sheep lol

WD all know that mate.don't mention it tho too many antis on here

We had saluki x that done a sheep I apologised to the farmer and paid for the sheep the farmer told me to bring the dog to the farm yard the following Saturday I did as asked he put the dog in a pen in the barn with a fully grown hand reared ram don't know what type but it was very aggressive und butted the shite out of the dog the dog was screaming its head off after that it couldn't even bring its self to look at a sheep lol

WD all know that mate.don't mention it tho too many antis on here

better than putting a healthy animal to sleep feck em what they want you to do didn't scare the ram none

better than putting a healthy animal to sleep feck em what they want you to do didn't scare the ram none

its not the ram im bothered about.

I never said it wouldn't mate... I meant if the dog did everything and more that you wanted from a lurcher but started killing sheep, would you PTs?

Most definitely PTS, once farmers find out that you have dogs that are keen on mutton you will lose every scrap of permission, its totally irresponsible to keep on a sheep killer, no mater how good the dog, i know because i have been there.

• Like 2

Most definitely PTS, once farmers find out that you have dogs that are keen on mutton you will lose every scrap of permission, its totally irresponsible to keep on a sheep killer, no mater how good the dog, i know because i have been there.
Agree mate. Wouldn't keep either. Just asking... Nothing worse....

IVE NOTICED OVER THE YEARS PET DOGS THAT ARE NOT WORKERS USUALLY ONLY WORRIE IN 2s MOST TIMES A LITTLE DOG AND A BIGGER ONE TERRIER TYPE

MY TAKE ON IT IS TERRIERS DRIVE LEADS IT ON TOO THE SHEEP.THE BIGGER DOG WHOS FOLLOWING THE SMALLER IS THERE BEFORE CONTACT INOCCENTLY .

ON MAKING CONTACT THE SMALLER ATTACKS FIRST ON DOING SO THE BIG DAFT MUPPETS DRIVE TAKES OVER AND BEING LARGER TACKLES THE EWE AND OVER SHE GOES WERAS THE SMALLER BAILS IN FOR THE KILL.

HAVE OCCASIONSLLY SEEN 3 ON THE PROWL BEFORE.

YES POINT BLANK .

THERE AND THEN.

not in my case she's 9 year old now and retired so don't think she be doing it any time soon lol

I AGREE 100%.

IF YOU KNOWINGLY OWNED A LIABILITY AND YOU DIDNT CULL IT YOUR NOT A REAL DOG MAN IN MY EYES.

YOUR JUST A PET OWNER PLAYING HUNTING.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with being a pet owner playing at hunting. If you have a dog thats served you well and loyally for years then its makes one mistake least you can do is give another chance as long as your responsible about it.

• Like 1

If the dog was that good you'd have no end of people willing to take it off your hands regardless of this fault, its the way of the world sadly.