Sheep Killers.. Shoot Them Or School Them

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe its owners responsibilty to break dog to livestock while its a pup before it kills another mans livelihood

If I had a dog which was previously stock broken, and for what ever reason it broke conditioning and started killing stock (any stock) I would bury it. There is no other responsible course of action

I also agree with you Dunkanon,but the dog I heard about was an outstanding animal on every quarry and his encounter with mutton was known and his sins overlooked with the strict practice of never run

i had a good bloody talking to by a farm worker a week or so ago about dogs killing sheep on the farm a few weeks previous. luckily for me they are fully aware my dog is stock broken and allowed me to carry on as normal. also lucky for me they had shot the dog which was responsible it damn near cost me some permisson though and that would have probably had a knock on effect.

had the same kind of thing happen just befor Christmas just got my first bit of ferreting permission 3 days later something had killed 2 sheep the farmer was adamant it was a dog luckily my pup was only small then and the farmer believed we hadent been near the sheep but it could of really messed it up for me mind at the time there's was a stray lurcher mooching around the town

Word on the road over here theres a clown in antrim buying these type of dogs and breeding them, selling these on gumtree be aware of this fool lads, think hes on here on multiple accounts again!! Atb tommy

I only need the one account now from they weeded out the riff raff :thumbs: now your whole post is a typical example of a plonker at his best.....I don't buy an sell dogs at and if my memory serves me right I was banned before for putting up your location

Big difference between a dog that chases sheep one time and a sheep killer.

My dogs are broke to sheep, and two out of three have chased them, on a couple of occasions. Most times, it's a case of mistaken identity and running on the sound. Usually leads to a pull up, and looking scared! But once when young the whippet pulled one over, by its fleece. After a swift beating he was back in with sheep straight away, once chance. Didn't repeat that trick.

But I wouldn't trust any dog, in the wrong situation, blood up, under worked, over excited etc etc, up pops a lamb, and bang. . . .

As someone who farms sheep though, it's pet dogs that are by far and the worst culprits! Never heard of a sheep being killed by a lurcher locally, but a few to pets.

100% right, any dog can kill sheep, it s there natural instinct to do so, :yes: I wouldn't trust any dog , ive know dogs that been around sheep since there were 9 week old pups, then out of the blue bang they pulled a sheep down , I had collie x was great with sheep or any stock for near 6 1/2 years, then one day I was walking with my border terrier and this lurcher, when around corner of field the flock were all at the other end. the border marked the edge went in which I though t was rabbit in there, when out shot a sheep other side,lurcher ran right round the edge and got it by the neck terrier piled in as well . I booted terrier in the air , grabbed the collie and punched the fook out of him . 5 months on he done it again but this time just him , so I put him down. this was dog never touched a sheep for 6 years , then could never trust it again. But don't be fooled by farmers and them loosing stock to dogs etc , ok any person going in the countryside there dogs either be on a lead full stop, or be trained around stock, but don't get took in with there atuide to animals , to them a sheep £60 there not pets like your dogs, and what on a farm going to end up on a dinner plate . so before you end up having put your dog ,down or the farmer shoots it , remember what these people are really like :yes:

good friend of mine is a sheep farmer and also keeps a lot zoe an Shetland sheep you couldn't blame a dog for lifting one there lambs there like a hare when they get an start moving

that's it mate, lambs etc it s natural for a dog to kill them, all you can do is school it as best as you can, if it xs that line give it a good hiding and hope it don't do it again, but at the end of the day there just dogs not machines , that live of instinct , and we all forget :yes:

• Like 1

Word on the road over here theres a clown in antrim buying these type of dogs and breeding them, selling these on gumtree be aware of this fool lads, think hes on here on multiple accounts again!! Atb tommy

I only need the one account now from they weeded out the riff raff :thumbs: now your whole post is a typical example of a plonker at his best.....I don't buy an sell dogs at and if my memory serves me right I was banned before for putting up your location
now now thats a couple of admissions there already, firstly its you that lives in antrim, then you put up my location, hahahahahaha you clown, your the one stalking people on facebook and putting personal things on this forum, these things are not tolerated on here by the moderating team, you and people like you are knowen on this forum as unwanted guests, you've been unearted and exposed as the hunting life pests, and we all know what happens to pests! Lol... sleep well seany boy!

good friend of mine is a sheep farmer and also keeps a lot zoe an Shetland sheep you couldn't blame a dog for lifting one there lambs there like a hare when they get an start moving

that's it mate, lambs etc it s natural for a dog to kill them, all you can do is school it as best as you can, if it xs that line give it a good hiding and hope it don't do it again, but at the end of the day there just dogs not machines , that live of instinct , and we all forget :yes:

that it ray they need a firm hand to let them know

now now thats a couple of admissions there already, firstly its you that lives in antrim, then you put up my location, hahahahahaha you clown, your the one stalking people on facebook and putting personal things on this forum, these things are not tolerated on here by the moderating team, you and people like you are knowen on this forum as unwanted guests, you've been unearted and exposed as the hunting life pests, and we all know what happens to pests! Lol... sleep well seany boy!

didn't even read half that, your location you were out hunting ffs..have you anything to contribute to this topic if not..then slide on

just caught that shit at the end......pests threats lol I told you before if you were wraped in duck type you wouldn't even make a good dildo

think its a terrible shame that this member can get away with the abuse he gives to honest members on here, befriending people that don't know him, he needs exposed for what he is, an internet troll, be very careful folks!! Atb tommy!!

just caught that shit at the end......pests threats lol I told you before if you were wraped in duck type you wouldn't even make a good dildo

think its a terrible shame that this member can get away with the abuse he gives to honest members on here, befriending people that don't know him, he needs exposed for what he is, an internet troll, be very careful folks!! Atb tommy!!

spit it out tom isn't this over me saying gorger sold a sheep killer...which it true youv obviously fell back into your old role of doing the dirty work for him,,,,what was it a phone call tommy get him banned there all laughing at me...ffs do you think for a min I give a fiddlers fcuk if I get banned,,,grow up you clown it pointless...

• Like 1

spit it out tom isn't this over me saying gorger sold a sheep killer...which it true youv obviously fell back into your old role of doing the dirty work for him,,,,what was it a phone call tommy get him banned there all laughing at me...ffs do you think for a min I give a fiddlers fcuk if I get banned,,,grow up you clown it pointless...
now here we go again another thread spoilt by you again, sorry folks but I feel I have to respond to this clown as Ive said on loads of occasions, he needs exposed for what he is, and now seany boy I haven't hunted or even spoke to gorger in about two years, but in saying that hes a good honest dog man, who is breeding and raring some top class dogs in ireland, and its a shame that an alcoholic like you can come on here and do what your doing for this long and get away with it, and your breeding sheep killers yourself! Be aware of this fool folks!!!!!!!! Atb tommy!

now here we go again another thread spoilt by you again, sorry folks but I feel I have to respond to this clown as Ive said on loads of occasions, he needs exposed for what he is, and now seany boy I haven't hunted or even spoke to gorger in about two years, but in saying that hes a good honest dog man, who is breeding and raring some top class dogs in ireland, and its a shame that an alcoholic like you can come on here and do what your doing for this long and get away with it, and your breeding sheep killers yourself! Be aware of this fool folks!!!!!!!! Atb tommy!

your scraping the bottom the barrel now tommy you started with lies moved on to threats an now were down to personal insults,,the moderating team have seen through you pal..sorry folks dosnt work anymore you need get yourself a new line atb and no need for the warning about my pups tom mine are gifted out to friends not sold...so what the be aware this folks !!!!!! what sort of a ballbag are you

• Like 1