One Law For Them...

The collie gets a rough ride on here sometimes...It doesn't bother me in the slightest ..im happy with mine most of the time lol..

think every cross has a rough time just that some can take it and some cant and most can't me personally couldn't give flying feck what people think of me dogs but I don't think they are the land rover of lurchers lmao

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that some people, maybe too many of today's youngsters, just want something that will go out all guns blazing on whatever gets up: it's the thrill seekers who are like this, not the owners who

Interesting comments lads...   Personaly,..I like all types,...for me, the lurcher is the ultimate canine...   Nowadays, I run a wee 21" cur cross,...I only hunt up and ferret a handful of woodla

We all have our favoured "type" when it comes to lurchers and there's nothing wrong in that after all life would be boring if we all kept the same BUT within the makeup of our lurchers we have all mat

Land rover of lurchers

Keep your landrover. I looked at them, then got a vectra estate

deèrhound xs are not vectra estates ...... there more like a pair of hi tech trainers , no c**t really wants them but just cant afford anything better :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 3

Land rover of lurchers

Keep your landrover. I looked at them, then got a vectra estate

deèrhound xs are not vectra estates ...... there more like a pair of hi tech trainers , no c**t really wants them but just cant afford anything better :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I wasn't using a metaphor. I mean I actually went out and got a vectra estate after looking at land rovers ???

But you are right about deerhound crosses. Absolute pish the lot of them.

• Like 1

I'm an admirer of most base lines of lurchers. Like Fuji, I have collie, bull and saluki types, but for me, a well bred and wisely rear cur is a joy to work with, not just to watch. I guess thats why I've gone back to what I know works for me.

IMG_4905_zps7c5ae723.jpg

The writings of a departed wordsmith may have been little more than an branding exercise for the collie x, and has probably done more to tarnish the types reputation in the long run. So just keep on keeping on :thumbs:

• Like 6

Interesting comments lads...

Personaly,..I like all types,...for me, the lurcher is the ultimate canine... :victory:

Nowadays, I run a wee 21" cur cross,...I only hunt up and ferret a handful of woodland conies,..so for me, she is just fine..

If I was after other quarry,..I would use a different type...

I have had a long life with lurchers and always kept the style of worker, to suit the chosen quarry,.simple really :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 10

Ive owned and worked many a different lurcher type,the thing the majority fail to take into consideration is the land and terrain they hunt and whats to be found there.Im a big Collie fan as ive found them to be adaptable to any environment and easy to enter.Id not own a first cross though,i find to much of the litter lacks the pace id wish for,at times.The addition of something else in the mix makes for a more versatile type of hunting companion,the Collie infusion aids and abets whatever else we may wish to add to the mix,an infusion ive yet to see bettered by anything else ive encountered.Ive seen many a decent lurcher with no Collie ancestory,yet if we are talking percentages then it as no equal,imo.

• Like 3

To say the high drive types are basically for mindless thrill seekers is incorrect. And slating all beddys, salukis, or collie types is pointless why shut yourself off to them completely ? Obviously if youre happy with what youve got and they suit the land you run then fair enough, but just because a type perhaps doesn't suit you doesn't mean there all toss.

• Like 4

To say the high drive types are basically for mindless thrill seekers is incorrect. And slating all beddys, salukis, or collie types is pointless why shut yourself off to them completely ? Obviously if youre happy with what youve got and they suit the land you run then fair enough, but just because a type perhaps doesn't suit you doesn't mean there all toss.

i'd agree with that but the humble collie cross don't half spark some debates and the knockers quickly come out to play