Feed Or Not Feed

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a load of pish..for the sake of 30 bob id rather put my buddy a pan of scran down..work em hard and treat em like heroes not starve em once a week because of some old wives tale!!

This ole Lurcher World seems to get ever more complicated,..

A dog digests its meal in 8 hours so if your lamping at 10 then why not feed at 2pm ... You will have a dog that's fully fuelled for a hard or easy night whichever it turns out to be ... Its common se

Look at it this way do you go a day once a week without food, I will no none of you do so why the Feck would you let your dog go without food. Years ago lads fed there ferrets on pobbys ( bread and milk ) to you younger lads times change and for the better in my mind...atb

It's an old way of thinking that I used to do myself until you look into it scientifically and realise there is no reason to starve a dog off ... What exactly are the dogs going to clean themselves out of ? Parasites ? No we have wormers that can cover any internal parasite ... Excess food in the digestive tract ? No because a canine can process a full meal in 8 hours ... So what is the benefit of starving a working dog for 24 hours ... Nothing ... If you work a dog hard through hunting or a daily routine it needs the fuel to keep going so starving a dog off is detrimental to what you are trying to achieve ..........

• Like 6