Feed Or Not Feed

A dog digests its meal in 8 hours so if your lamping at 10 then why not feed at 2pm ... You will have a dog that's fully fuelled for a hard or easy night whichever it turns out to be ... Its common sense really ...........

• Like 7

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a load of pish..for the sake of 30 bob id rather put my buddy a pan of scran down..work em hard and treat em like heroes not starve em once a week because of some old wives tale!!

This ole Lurcher World seems to get ever more complicated,..

A dog digests its meal in 8 hours so if your lamping at 10 then why not feed at 2pm ... You will have a dog that's fully fuelled for a hard or easy night whichever it turns out to be ... Its common se

I have to admit everytime I've seen a dog,,get a hypo on the lamp...it's been the ones that haven't been fed for 24 hours,,,and that includes two of my own when I was younger,,,and fed in that way

Never seen it happen to one fed early that day.....

Of course these dogs that I've seen have a hypo have been on nights after big chalks,,,,if your just after a handful ,,then it won't make much difference

At least your talking from your own experience,Only seen one dog go of her legs once early morning,So she had been fed not that long ago really under 12 hours,Maybe some are prone to it maybe she was lacking something.She never done it again even when worked harder :hmm:

Maybe if i ever try and catch more than 3 rabbits i will need to start feeding earlier later. :icon_redface:

A dog digests its meal in 8 hours so if your lamping at 10 then why not feed at 2pm ... You will have a dog that's fully fuelled for a hard or easy night whichever it turns out to be ... Its common sense really ...........

Lol one dont think they need it two Telling the boss i have to go home at 2 to feed the dog wouldnt go down well :laugh:

Why though, they catch all i want them to do without it.Am on the falconry section talking about a 5 once sparrow hawk.

A ferret feeds every 2 hours or so i dont take them a packed lunch though on a days ferreting. :icon_redface:

Why though, they catch all i want them to do without it.Am on the falconry section talking about a 5 once sparrow hawk.

A ferret feeds every 2 hours or so i dont take them a packed lunch though on a days ferreting. :icon_redface:

A ferrets utilisation of its food is completely different to a running dog and is a silly comparison ... I suppose as has been said if your only getting a few bunnies then it won't make a lot of difference but if your expecting the dog to graft hard all night then it certainly would be an advantage to feed .......

• Like 1

Any one that can keep ferrets and lurchers and come on with a dogs have the fastest digestion of all mammalsFACT ,is hard to take seriously. :laugh:

Must admit mine rarley have to work all night very few do,but i dont feel less of a man for it ;)

Dark now better get out before the dog starves to death.lol

I give mine a feed in the morning before work usually about 5:30 then they get fed at night about 20:30 unless I'm lamping then they get fed after we get home and I've never had a problem wouldn't like to run the dogs if they not been fed for 24 hours or more

I always feed before and after lamping..

I would not be concerned, dropping dogs scran once a week.. (I don't to it religiously)

Mind I would not take them out grafting..

Its ment to be detoxifying.. Plenty research that promotes this in humanes..

What does Sandy Reckon ???

To be fair I like a dog with a bit of meat on them, they fast run it off..

Had trouble in the past holding weight..

Switched to meat animal fats and its been perfect..

Edited by Giro
  • Like 1