CHEERS SWEDE40,ITS A CHOICE IVE HAD TO MAKE,THE DOG LIKE I SAID IS ONLY DOG FAR ENOUGH AWAY TO BREED FROM,AND DOG MAY NEVER GET TO SEE A HOLE AS BLOKE WHO HAS HIM HAS 2 BITCHES TO BRED FROM TO HIM,HES BEEN INTO TERRIERS LONGER THAN ME,SO IF PUPS TURN OUT SHITE THEN BACK TO DRAWING BOARD AND MY BITCH WONT BE GETTING BRED AT 8 YEARS OLD,SO FINGERS CROSSED,,

If i was stuck i would breed a bitch at 8 as well infact if i was really stuck a bitch would have to be in the ground cold or she would be getting shafted :laugh:

trick is don't get stuck ....

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

by Raymond H. Oppenheimer     1. Remember that the animals you select for breeding today will have an impact on the breed for many years to come. Keep that thought firmly in mind when you choose b

You have come on here and have argued with some of the most respected terrierman in the UK and most likely the entire world, ?the knowledge these men have of these dogs and their history is unreal. Yo

You know what your tough guy act is getting old. So how about this. I’ll buy you a round trip ticket put you up in a good hotel near the airport. Call you an Uber to take you to a place to meet me and

Posted Images

To stig,nature has made me stuck,not myself,there has been dogs lost of the same line,i have tried to explainwhere I am with situation,,i want the pups for pals and myself,not for money,,ive been offered studs,but a few have wanted a pup not a feee,dogs are outcrosses thou,declined all,ive had photos out and im going to try old dog,its what I want and like swede says breed her at 8,at least I know young dog will be around,but old dog may not,,bitch lying on couch now with me,usually outside but ive decide to fetch her in and se via pics ive been sentwhat would hopefully complement bitch and pups,,my young dog by her just a tad small,be a nice bitch if you get what I mean,,ill try and post pics of them and bitch,or if some hunting life member can post them via phone,then pm me with number and ill send you the pics,,cheers

what your saying is right practically but when you talk about genes, its a bit mixed mate

Its a lot more complex I know,but you can get good results with the basics..sheep cattle,dogs, They can all be altered for good or bad,but continual outcrossing will never strengthen,purify or as FD says set genes to produce consistantly good stock. Physical or mental traits are fixed this way.Have a look at Gregor Mendel and his ratio 1.2.1 It doesnt have to be that much of a gamble. When you breed in and in you can put the odds in your own favour,as long as you cull along the way.

Breeding stock cattle and sheep pigs. Even race horses are as far detached from breeding working terries as the wright brothers and the space shuttle Lol The holy grail in stock breeding for meat Less fat etc in the meat etc Smaller lager etc has nothing to do with working terriers there is no comparisons. These are pedigree stock. Generations of breeding to perfect form to produce A standed Unless you commission scientific sampling of blood lines carry out genetical investigations and spend the same money all your theory's are just thats theory's , xbred terriers Are a type.records loosely kept. Keep all the records you want keep your lines as tight as you want still some will some wont why because nature says so , To compare. Blood stock and working terriers A multimillion pound industry with the backing of nations agriculture facilities Who have banks of data not guess work. Get a grip please , Robert bakewell. And who frank buck lol. Yeh. Passing down a working trait. Gameness etc etc. Is imprinted in the brain passed on. And acheived by who knows what producing the same size colour standed Time after time year after year to eat grass and produce meat. Is a science , the welsh black the jersey. Conform to a standed. There traits the black is a docile breed the jersey a moody fooker. Generalisations , but size and form will be The same throughout the herds to a general standed , working terriers have no set standed but for a general agreement within a small community We search for the working trait an unseen standed undefined by physical form witch can only be seen in work we can not guarentee it

good post !

Breeding stock cattle and sheep pigs. Even race horses are as far detached from breeding working terries as the wright brothers and the space shuttle Lol The holy grail in stock breeding for meat Less fat etc in the meat etc Smaller lager etc has nothing to do with working terriers there is no comparisons. These are pedigree stock. Generations of breeding to perfect form to produce A standed Unless you commission scientific sampling of blood lines carry out genetical investigations and spend the same money all your theory's are just thats theory's , xbred terriers Are a type.records loosely kept. Keep all the records you want keep your lines as tight as you want still some will some wont why because nature says so , To compare. Blood stock and working terriers A multimillion pound industry with the backing of nations agriculture facilities Who have banks of data not guess work. Get a grip please , Robert bakewell. And who frank buck lol. Yeh. Passing down a working trait. Gameness etc etc. Is imprinted in the brain passed on. And acheived by who knows what producing the same size colour standed Time after time year after year to eat grass and produce meat. Is a science , the welsh black the jersey. Conform to a standed. There traits the black is a docile breed the jersey a moody fooker. Generalisations , but size and form will be The same throughout the herds to a general standed , working terriers have no set standed but for a general agreement within a small community We search for the working trait an unseen standed undefined by physical form witch can only be seen in work we can not guarentee it

did you use spell check on that i can read and understand you for once :laugh: but in all seriousness fair post

• Like 1

did you use spell check on that i can read and understand you for once :laugh: but in all seriousness fair post
dont take my inabillity to use an ipad as a gauge my friend lol in all seriousness To think you can. Spout a few genetic formular or it formulae lol. And start preaching to people you have never met might impress a few on here to start throwing name of pioneers in the Stock world and try to make comparisons to breeding in a cross bred canine to hold and pass on the working trait Is laughable , the stablization of a breed of cattle and it physical attributes to produce Meat and pass this on through. Breeding statrted hundreds of years ago the cattle stud books and other farm stock go back hundreds of years , and and the science of breeding is just that a science backed up by a mullti billion pound industrie. , and some one who has been crossing terriers for x amount of years thinks he can produce the working trait using an invisible factor the genes lol. Good job ive never taken any of this serious Jeemes like ive said post you breeding and culling programe and your succes failer rates since you have been breeding Oh and could you breed me a mearl terrier with one blue eye one grey as it only genes and iam sure you could work it out Edited by gonetoearth

dont take my inabillity to use an ipad as a gauge my friend lol in all seriousness To think you can. Spout a few genetic formular or it formulae lol. And start preaching to people you have never met miight impress a few on here to start throwing name of pioneers in the. Stock world and try to make comparisons to breeding in a cross bred canine to hold and pass on the working trait Is laughable , the stablization of a breed of cattle and it physical attributes to produce Meat and pass this on through. Breeding statrted hundreds of years ago the cattle stud books and other farm stock go back hundreds of years , and and the science of breeding is just that a science backed up by a mullti billion pound industrie. , and some one who has been crossing terriers for x amount of years thinks he can produce the working trait using an invisible factor the genes lol. Good job ive never taken any of this serious Jeemes like ive said post you breeding and culling programe and your succes failer rates since you have been breeding Oh and could you breed me a mearl terrier with one blue eye one grey as it only genes and iam sure you could work it out

I agree with you i dont understand genetics and i dont pretend to know how to understand them and dont think i will try to understand them now i know what works for me and i know not every litters 100% guarenteed to work every litters a gamble always has been always will be as ive seen you write many times some will some wont :thumbs:

dont take my inabillity to use an ipad as a gauge my friend lol in all seriousness To think you can. Spout a few genetic formular or it formulae lol. And start preaching to people you have never met miight impress a few on here to start throwing name of pioneers in the. Stock world and try to make comparisons to breeding in a cross bred canine to hold and pass on the working trait Is laughable , the stablization of a breed of cattle and it physical attributes to produce Meat and pass this on through. Breeding statrted hundreds of years ago the cattle stud books and other farm stock go back hundreds of years , and and the science of breeding is just that a science backed up by a mullti billion pound industrie. , and some one who has been crossing terriers for x amount of years thinks he can produce the working trait using an invisible factor the genes lol. Good job ive never taken any of this serious Jeemes like ive said post you breeding and culling programe and your succes failer rates since you have been breeding Oh and could you breed me a mearl terrier with one blue eye one grey as it only genes and iam sure you could work it out

I agree with you i dont understand genetics and i dont pretend to know how to understand them and dont think i will try to understand them now i know what works for me and i know not every litters 100% guarenteed to work every litters a gamble always has been always will be as ive seen you write many times some will some wont :thumbs:
. Look at it this way we have a animal that goes to ground to chase a qarry to carry out an unnatural act it does it not for food , We have changed its natural drive to hunt for food over came its natual instict You can not force it you can not train it its devoloped , in a funny way they might be deemed as rejets lol we dont wont them to hunt rabbit yet there natural. Instict would tell them too for food , We. Dont praise them or give favour we just expect it. We have Laundered this trait. The digging dog is not garrenteed. It appears. To be in the mix. Edited by gonetoearth

To stig,nature has made me stuck,not myself,there has been dogs lost of the same line,i have tried to explainwhere I am with situation,,i want the pups for pals and myself,not for money,,ive been offered studs,but a few have wanted a pup not a feee,dogs are outcrosses thou,declined all,ive had photos out and im going to try old dog,its what I want and like swede says breed her at 8,at least I know young dog will be around,but old dog may not,,bitch lying on couch now with me,usually outside but ive decide to fetch her in and se via pics ive been sentwhat would hopefully complement bitch and pups,,my young dog by her just a tad small,be a nice bitch if you get what I mean,,ill try and post pics of them and bitch,or if some hunting life member can post them via phone,then pm me with number and ill send you the pics,,cheers

You mentioned that KG has used your dogs into a line cant you use some of those offspring ????

All domestic dogs and there uses were created by man by manipulating heredity and so influencing genotype. Inbreeding is used to great advantage to save time producing shape and behavior including gameness and blind determination..If you breed domestic stock you are dealing in genetics wether you understand it or not..

• Like 1

What a load of shit to be honest .Written by an obvious chancer in the game .Terriers have no set standards ffs.To be expect from lads that breed this to that i suppose .Last time i will bang on about lines as its getting a bit boring for me as well.There has to be a standard in a line or there is no line ,pedigrees arnt solely the placement of breeds or standards its a type that conforms to an idea and breeds true to type .Size ,form, colour ,temperament ,work are all genetic ,to call it anything else is to admit very little understanding .Its no wonder some lads refuse to post on here with shite spouted and taken notice of such as above post .Last post on this thread TBH

• Like 1

What a load of shit to be honest .Written by an obvious chancer in the game .Terriers have no set standards ffs.To be expect from lads that breed this to that i suppose .Last time i will bang on about lines as its getting a bit boring for me as well.There has to be a standard in a line or there is no line ,pedigrees arnt solely the placement of breeds or standards its a type that conforms to an idea and breeds true to type .Size ,form, colour ,temperament ,work are all genetic ,to call it anything else is to admit very little understanding .Its no wonder some lads refuse to post on here with shite spouted and taken notice of such as above post .Last post on this thread TBH
. Lol