Top class and informative post by your man VOON,,there has been some really good posts about this subject,,its helped me,im going to try and print VOONS post,laminate it and stick it on my fridge,,and as marshman says,are any of us right and wrong?? some of us are kennel blind,type blind,brred blind,but they suit the each of us individually,how poor would life be if we all liked the same..

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

by Raymond H. Oppenheimer     1. Remember that the animals you select for breeding today will have an impact on the breed for many years to come. Keep that thought firmly in mind when you choose b

You have come on here and have argued with some of the most respected terrierman in the UK and most likely the entire world, ?the knowledge these men have of these dogs and their history is unreal. Yo

You know what your tough guy act is getting old. So how about this. I’ll buy you a round trip ticket put you up in a good hotel near the airport. Call you an Uber to take you to a place to meet me and

Posted Images

a couple of simple one line posts have answered the question the rest whichever way you look at it makes interesting or shit reading what it proves is there are no hard and fast rules in the terrier game and we`ve all got different ideas on the way things should be done ..... debate can be a good thing but it brings out the worst in some people I`ve even had death threats via pm over some of my posts :laugh: sent a postcode to one fella then got another threat that he was going to break my legs when he`d checked up and the post code was for London zoo now breaking the legs of a man you`ve killed is down right silly :D:D -------------------------- enjoy your terriers lads lifes to short ..

• Like 3

a couple of simple one line posts have answered the question the rest whichever way you look at it makes interesting or shit reading what it proves is there are no hard and fast rules in the terrier game and we`ve all got different ideas on the way things should be done ..... debate can be a good thing but it brings out the worst in some people I`ve even had death threats via pm over some of my posts :laugh: sent a postcode to one fella then got another threat that he was going to break my legs when he`d checked up and the post code was for London zoo now breaking the legs of a man you`ve killed is down right silly :D:D -------------------------- enjoy your terriers lads lifes to short ..

Ha.....no wonder you hide your face behind that ugly helmet......your right life is too short......

Seen grown men wreck pubs and themselves over pigeons.....not easy....

Good post from Voon,but how many men having run on two pups would have bred from the lesser of the 2 dogs?

what happened to cull hard?

even though the lesser dog might be a better producer.

Just to clarify, I didn't write that excerpt, but it basically correlates to what I've heard and learnt.

Smasher,

I took the reading of breeding the lesser dog, to be a dog still doing his stuff, just not to the standard of the better dog...sometimes ace performers do not produce as good as themselves whereas average performers bred to produce, breed better progeny than themselves. This should be the goal when breeding...do I need to better nose, staying ability, working ability, size etc and try to improve a couple of things each time you breed....as me mammy always said, you can't make the world in 7 days, you're not God..

• Like 1

Ha.....no wonder you hide your face behind that ugly helmet......your right life is too short......

pigeon men ffs I seen one fella launch a toulet clock out the clubhouse window....hide not me my mugs been on here and people on here that know me err well know me :D:D

Edited by the_stig

pigeon men ffs I seen one fella launch a toulet clock out the clubhouse window....hide not me my mugs been on here and people on here that know err well know me :D:D

U must be photogenic then, I'm just ugly so no photo's....

Top post voon,I used to keep working bulls,and mine was denied becoming a champion by his own father,so the mating wasn't repeated again,and hopefully we all breed for better,,if we are all honest DOG MEN,all our lines will lack something,mine are a bit more brains(hold back and bay) and as said dog pup ive kept I need to add a inch or 2 allround on mine,jacket and nose fine,but like I said I think honestly that all lines lack something,,or are yous all 100% happy with what you breed??

Top post voon,I used to keep working bulls,and mine was denied becoming a champion by his own father,so the mating wasn't repeated again,and hopefully we all breed for better,,if we are all honest DOG MEN,all our lines will lack something,mine are a bit more brains(hold back and bay) and as said dog pup ive kept I need to add a inch or 2 allround on mine,jacket and nose fine,but like I said I think honestly that all lines lack something,,or are yous all 100% happy with what you breed??

. For fooks sake tally dont start the 100%. Lark lol lol

. If you not happy with the colour mr T will guide you tally lol

HA HA,that's one thing im happy with,i think its nice n easy colour number 54,all come out the same,,,on a serious note I judged cock ov north a few years back,and shall I say the colours on my hands were no ones business,and the ENHANCED terriers shall we say ran for cover when it rained,some nicely turned out terriers until the heavens opened,,

HA HA,that's one thing im happy with,i think its nice n easy colour number 54,all come out the same,,,on a serious note I judged cock ov north a few years back,and shall I say the colours on my hands were no ones business,and the ENHANCED terriers shall we say ran for cover when it rained,some nicely turned out terriers until the heavens opened,,

. I allways. Run my hands through. And slowly stare at the owner Lol. Faces nearly as red as the dog lol