Gte let the thread roll add something constructive for a change

. Oh so because i dont agree with the genetical theory i just lie down lol. Evolution and instinct make terriers work not genes genes improve or defects in the make up of the body of living creatures. Simplifying such a complicated. Subject. And its importance in living creatures. Is a bit foolish to say the least. Do genetics make homing pigeons return home no instinct does but the right genes make them fly faster , The working trait and selective breeding will help in the search For the working trait the instict to hunt is evolutionary
I think you will find that the Domesticated Dog has been manufactured by man through selection and therefore exploiting heredity. Mental traits awell as physical ones are manipulated through heredity and the purification of desired genes. Thats how we exploit unnatural gameness.Terriers have been made by men.They did not evolve. Wild animals that have evolved in a natural state would not survive if they were what we call "Game" for instance. When we select shape or behavior we are indirectly shaping the gene pool.
. You just used the word you should have used in the first place SELECTION We have not GENETICALLY CHANGED ANY thing canine THEY have EVOLVED. By SELECTIVE. BREEDING

Because you put things in capitals wont make them right. If you keep reading your last sentence over and over it should eventually become clear to you just how wrong it is. Try it...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

by Raymond H. Oppenheimer     1. Remember that the animals you select for breeding today will have an impact on the breed for many years to come. Keep that thought firmly in mind when you choose b

You have come on here and have argued with some of the most respected terrierman in the UK and most likely the entire world, ?the knowledge these men have of these dogs and their history is unreal. Yo

You know what your tough guy act is getting old. So how about this. I’ll buy you a round trip ticket put you up in a good hotel near the airport. Call you an Uber to take you to a place to meet me and

Posted Images

cheers GTE,ive got no choice really grandfather was my preferred option as a cracking dog that was the grandfather on both sides of the two pups ive got now,one great grandfather,other great,like I said last out cross produced workers but lost a lot in size and stamp,i have the opertunity to use one of these outcrosses but want a big strong dog over my bitch,i used her uncle and pups fine,bitch a bit slower than dog but still ok,so where do I go,,catch 22 situation,,

. Oh so because i dont agree with the genetical theory i just lie down lol. Evolution and instinct make terriers work not genes genes improve or defects in the make up of the body of living creatures. Simplifying such a complicated. Subject. And its importance in living creatures. Is a bit foolish to say the least. Do genetics make homing pigeons return home no instinct does but the right genes make them fly faster , The working trait and selective breeding will help in the search For the working trait the instict to hunt is evolutionary
I think you will find that the Domesticated Dog has been manufactured by man through selection and therefore exploiting heredity. Mental traits awell as physical ones are manipulated through heredity and the purification of desired genes. Thats how we exploit unnatural gameness.Terriers have been made by men.They did not evolve. Wild animals that have evolved in a natural state would not survive if they were what we call "Game" for instance. When we select shape or behavior we are indirectly shaping the gene pool.
. You just used the word you should have used in the first place SELECTION We have not GENETICALLY CHANGED ANY thing canine THEY have EVOLVED. By SELECTIVE. BREEDING

Because you put things in capitals wont make them right. If you keep reading your last sentence over and over it should eventually become clear to you just how wrong it is. Try it...
. I pressed caps lock selectively just so you could see it and google the words faster. Am sure you have herd the saying a little knowledge is a dangourous thing. Lol Leave the jeans to Levi's doc

GTE is spot on!!!! im finished with terriers........if i never go on another dig again it wont bother me one iota........BUT i do class myself lucky to have spent 7 yrs (from 18 to 25) going digging with a keeper friend who was working on an estate as an underkeeper with a boss that was mad for digging and would be well known by most of the "names" into terriers........ :yes:

my old terrier (robbie) was bred out of his best dog and his best bitch and i only got him because i knew him well and promised him i would work the dog properly........ ;)

memorycard2004.jpg

i dug to him a fair few times (all well before the ban mind!!!) and i thought i had something special............i got an invite to go over to wales with the keepers to help a shepard out losing lambs to foxes...........we got there and tried robbie in a big earth, he ran through twice and came out saying nothing at home......the keeper said he wasnt convinced, ran robbies litter sister through and we dug a brace 15 mins later........ :icon_redface::icon_redface:

we moved on and i was distraught!!!! next earth we dug robbies litter brother and tried to get him to go again but he wouldnt (just wanted to rag the dead one lol) so gave robbie another go..........he starts baying but came away....... :icon_redface: dropped his sister again and dug her out at 4ft right up to her matey!!!!

please dont get me wrong robbie was dug to a fair few times but i also used him for bushing/ratting etc while his brother and sister were only used for digging, nothing else!!!! all the local ratters/bushers thought robbie was the best thing since sliced bread........to them to see a terrier even want to go to ground was something special and i did use him on a couple of russel bitches and a lakeland bitch that only seen rabbits/rats/ foxes in cover etc and the pups were good at that game!!!

my underkeeper mate moved on and i went over to see the keeper that bred him one weekend to trial a bull cross and took robbie with me............i hadnt seen him for two years and he told me robbies brother got lost in a dig and said "real shame about that robbie" i asked him why and he said "id use him on a bitch here if he worked" :laugh: i said he does and you bred him lol but he turned around and said "if you have ANY doubts about a dog then never use it as a stud, as them doubts could come out in the offspring years later"............at the time i thought he was knocking his own breeding...........now i realise he was just being honest................ ;)

if you cant dig to it........dont f*****g breed from it.......it really is that simple.......... :victory:

Edited by clipo
  • Like 5

. I pressed caps lock selectively just so you could see it and google the words faster. Am sure you have herd the saying a little knowledge is a dangourous thing. Lol Leave the jeans to Levi's doc

The origional question was a hyperthetical one meant to stir discussion on diffrent theories I think. Your problem (or ours) is that you think there has to be a winner and you want to be that winner. Thats not how grown ups discuss and argue things out. A little knowledge can be dangerous your right. Yours is tiny so be careful,leave breeding to others.Stick to the jokes..

Edited by jeemes

You lost your argument when you stooped to calling people thick now would that rudeness be because its in your genes or the way you were brought up witch would emplyfie that you are a victim of your surroundings and its not inbred , back to terriers though. The primeval urge to kill is not genetic. Its is a trait. Traits are implanted in the thought process not in the metobolic , you can change the struture of terriers by selective breeding hight , head etc looks ingeneral , instict and traits are far far more complecated. Why because know one knows , some will some wont. Next you will be talking stem cells lol Dont try and talk sience About an instict Far more inteligent people than we are still baffled by instict and traits genes they are undestanding slowly. But thats only my opinion. Doc

Edited by gonetoearth

The origional question was a hyperthetical one meant to stir discussion on diffrent theories I think. Your problem (or ours) is that you think there has to be a winner and you want to be that winner. Thats not how grown ups discuss and argue things out. A little knowledge can be dangerous your right. Yours is tiny so be careful,leave breeding to others.Stick to the jokes..
. See insults once again. Lol I dont argue i disscuss being from A city that houses a great universtiy with an emernant veternary wing. One meets varied people from time to time And discusions take place differance being educated people diccuss withought. Insults. You will find.

. See insults once again. Lol I dont argue i disscuss being from A city that houses a great universtiy with an emernant veternary wing. One meets varied people from time to time And discusions take place differance being educated people diccuss withought. Insults. You will find.

nice one :laugh:

nice one :laugh:
. Ah imoticons expresion. Laughter can either mean your happy or insecure Confidence. Another trait. Not inbuilt but can be instilled through training !!!! phycology lol . Don't suppose your an expert at that to are. Doc

GTE is spot on!!!! im finished with terriers........if i never go on another dig again it wont bother me one iota........BUT i do class myself lucky to have spent 7 yrs (from 18 to 25) going digging with a keeper friend who was working on an estate as an underkeeper with a boss that was mad for digging and would be well known by most of the "names" into terriers........ :yes:

my old terrier (robbie) was bred out of his best dog and his best bitch and i only got him because i knew him well and promised him i would work the dog properly........ ;)

memorycard2004.jpg

i dug to him a fair few times (all well before the ban mind!!!) and i thought i had something special............i got an invite to go over to wales with the keepers to help a shepard out losing lambs to foxes...........we got there and tried robbie in a big earth, he ran through twice and came out saying nothing at home......the keeper said he wasnt convinced, ran robbies litter sister through and we dug a brace 15 mins later........ :icon_redface::icon_redface:

we moved on and i was distraught!!!! next earth we dug robbies litter brother and tried to get him to go again but he wouldnt (just wanted to rag the dead one lol) so gave robbie another go..........he starts baying but came away....... :icon_redface: dropped his sister again and dug her out at 4ft right up to her matey!!!!

please dont get me wrong robbie was dug to a fair few times but i also used him for bushing/ratting etc while his brother and sister were only used for digging, nothing else!!!! all the local ratters/bushers thought robbie was the best thing since sliced bread........to them to see a terrier even want to go to ground was something special and i did use him on a couple of russel bitches and a lakeland bitch that only seen rabbits/rats/ foxes in cover etc and the pups were good at that game!!!

my underkeeper mate moved on and i went over to see the keeper that bred him one weekend to trial a bull cross and took robbie with me............i hadnt seen him for two years and he told me robbies brother got lost in a dig and said "real shame about that robbie" i asked him why and he said "id use him on a bitch here if he worked" :laugh: i said he does and you bred him lol but he turned around and said "if you have ANY doubts about a dog then never use it as a stud, as them doubts could come out in the offspring years later"............at the time i thought he was knocking his own breeding...........now i realise he was just being honest................ ;)

if you cant dig to it........dont f*****g breed from it.......it really is that simple.......... :victory:

. Nice looking terrier

Corky.. Elvis was not a FLUKE !...his mother & father could hold a Tune....he was Schooled from an early age...in Church ,sat morn' comps etc.spent years mastering his craft ! the Guy who first started him ,had all the building blocks there.,just needed Building up !

Took him to a Journey man musician /singer...he would have kept himself FED & WATERED !

Along comes a CARNEYMAN/Showman..gift of the gab.MONEY & contacts albeit Dodgy ones.HE was sold on..

Became a Shadow of his former self :yes: ,but was making loads of money for someone....FAME & GLORY insude...people still rant about him to this day..70 odd years done the line..WAS he a "JACKER" or just looking for an easier life :hmm:

SOUNDS abit like some TERRIERS ;)

ELVIS ...now that is a Good name for any Terrier.. :laugh:

Before he "Jacked"

After,Prettier...

Edited by dixiefried
  • Like 1

Corky.. Elvis was not a FLUKE !...his mother & father could hold a Tune....he was Schooled from an early age...in Church ,sat morn' comps etc.spent years mastering his craft ! the Guy who first started him ,had all the building blocks there.,just needed Building up !

Took him to a Journey man musician /singer...he would have kept himself FED & WATERED !

Along comes a CARNEYMAN/Showman..gift of the gab.MONEY & contacts albeit Dodgy ones.HE was sold on..

Became a Shadow of his former self :yes: ,but was making loads of money for someone....FAME & GLORY insude...people still rant about him to this day..70 odd years done the line..WAS he a "JACKER" or just looking for an easier life :hmm:

SOUNDS abit like some TERRIERS ;)

ELVIS ...now that is a Good name for any Terrier.. :laugh: Uh hu !!!!

Before he "Jacked"

After,Prettier...

. UH HU !!!!!! Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 1