Whats In A Colour?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been to Hancock's in the past and viewed some stunningly beautiful merles, blues, creams, silver/sooty and reds.............and still came away with a black pup..

Mind you, I have just about got it all covered colour wise...blue merle, red, dark brindle. red and white collie marked and a light brindle greyhound bitch......  

Same as the ladies.... All do the same job, just some are better to look at...   I'm brave posting on my phone while wife watches tv.

Posted Images

Never been one for white or coloured but at the end of the day beauty is as beauty does.

As an aside dilutes show more skin problems, eczema, ie blues, silvers etc. Nice black or brindle but

post-2041-0-50698700-1373400592_thumb.jp

in the end they all end up silver.

:hmm:Obviously,.."colour in a working dog means nowt".....but,..all things being equal,...we all have our preferances.

I have always been attracted to the herding dog composites,..they are rarely show stoppers,..but I just like them..

My family bred several sheepdogs and Cattle Dogs,...we schooled them and worked them,.. and sold off the surplus...

Nowadays, I prefer to keep Merle coloured animals,..we had some nice quiet Merle collies on our place when I was a kid,..and I have always found the variety of colours exhibited by these strange looking critters,.... totaly absorbing... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 2

old photo 15 years ago

but however,,,white dogs do blend in when there,s snow on the ground lol,,,,,if iam honest I hated white dogs,,,loved more fawn dogs,,,,but after having a few white uns,,,pain when they get stained ,,,but its normally winter,,,pleanty water about to wash them doon lol

00p.jpg

• Like 2

Looks dont kill , i like picking my dogs on temperment too what suits me :yes:

snap ,,,,its very very important ,,,if more folk breed for that ,,,life would be a lot easier,,,and dog pounds a lot less full

Edited by whip x grey

Colour makes no diffrence got 3 diffrent colour lurchers my blue pup I didnt pick was last one avaliable for a well bred little was just happy to get my hands on her and my second pup was also well bred all the pups were well looked after so let the misses decide I do prefer black terriers though

• Like 1

It dont matter a jot really,its just a preference if you go for a certain colour.there was a lot of greyhound men,who wouldnt own a blue dog.and i have to admit i avoided ever having one,by listening to them..wonder if i ever passed up on owning a right good dog by being swayed listening to thier bullshit lol

have to say some of the fastest greyhounds i ever owned were black,and the right fast ones were always bitches.Think you get a truer run from a bitch.

• Like 1