Whats In A Colour?

How important is a colour to you lot ?

I'm well aware that the colour of dogs coat does't make them any faster, fitter or stronger if you get my drift . But there are still some of us that prefer a colour in there hound.

There are those out there that opt for the camouflage that brindle gives in the day time and other that seek slick jet black lurchers to hide against the moon lite hedgerows. There are also some of us that just like a certain colour for there own reasons .

I was also just wondering what are your preferences were and why really ?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been to Hancock's in the past and viewed some stunningly beautiful merles, blues, creams, silver/sooty and reds.............and still came away with a black pup..

Mind you, I have just about got it all covered colour wise...blue merle, red, dark brindle. red and white collie marked and a light brindle greyhound bitch......  

Same as the ladies.... All do the same job, just some are better to look at...   I'm brave posting on my phone while wife watches tv.

Posted Images

Well after owning a white dog , I wouldn't have another a wee bit of blood gets spilled and he looks like he been involved in a mass murder lol

Merles are nice imo and I do like a collie cross that's the typical collie marked and coloured

Don't really give a shite what colour a dog is.

I disagree with the old poachers fables on white dogs, these days a million or so candle power beam attracts more attention than a white mutt. I like white dogs too, as a white in good nick looks the bollocks but it can be a pain, especially if doing their job an there is claret flying..!

And though brindle ain't my fave colour it is the best camouflage day and night, black dogs 'outline' more, same with black clothing.

Just remember a good dog ain't never a bad colour....!!

I've been to Hancock's in the past and viewed some stunningly beautiful merles, blues, creams, silver/sooty and reds.............and still came away with a black pup.. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well after owning a white dog , I wouldn't have another a wee bit of blood gets spilled and he looks like he been involved in a mass murder lol

Merles are nice imo and I do like a collie cross that's the typical collie marked and coloured

Thats a good point there..

I prefer the collie marks because it helps to see were the dogs feet and head are when lamping.

I would,nt own a white bodied lurcher,they are to recogniseable at times,plus i prefer the look of a dark or brindle mutt,i may have a dog here for many a year,so id rather look at something that pleases my eye.