D Brian Plummer

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well,22 pages on a man that no-one seems to have a good word for other than enjoying his early books,I met Plummer on many occassions at a mates farm and he was always odd,to say the least,he suffered

His books were the only ones of their kind in the seventies and eighties, and I must have owned and read them all. They were entertaining and to an impressionable teenager the 'facts' were often dige

John h.....who the feck are you?? There's a good number of men on hear that hunt....take a long hard look through all the sections on the site....there's some great advice and tips all the way through

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

...they find joy in unusual places... ?

Yup, SARG (Surrey amphibians and reptile group) scatter wriggly tin sheets on waste ground and heathland to do reptile counts, I was always checking under them, once found about a dozen slow-worm under one sheet. 

3 minutes ago, New moon said:

Egg collecting took some beating back in the day.

I was never much good at that ?

4 minutes ago, New moon said:

Egg collecting took some beating back in the day.

I think egg collecting was the gateway into the countryside, everything else followed, air rifles, fishing, dogs, ferreting etc, it was the done thing?

• Like 10
37 minutes ago, mackem said:

Still do it to this day, slow worms, toads, frogs, adder, grass snakes, and garter snakes ?

I used to love catching grass snakes and adders as a kid ,take them home keep them few weeks then release them ,I've kept few snakes over the yrs and even started to be mentored to keep venomous types but family life put stop to that ,I like the fast Asian rat snakes as they got attitude , 

3 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I used to love catching grass snakes and adders as a kid ,take them home keep them few weeks then release them ,I've kept few snakes over the yrs and even started to be mentored to keep venomous types but family life put stop to that ,I like the fast Asian rat snakes as they got attitude , 

post-1930-1208615414_thumb.jpgpost-1930-1208615439_thumb.jpgpost-1930-1208617798_thumb.jpg

Found this in a shed once, it climbed up into the roof. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, New moon said:

If he had brass you certainly couldn't see it around him, dont think you would write books to a very limited amount of readers if motivated by money alone, that said he was jew blooded?

Really,explains a lot.

11 hours ago, mackem said:

post-1930-1208615414_thumb.jpgpost-1930-1208615439_thumb.jpgpost-1930-1208617798_thumb.jpg

Found this in a shed once, it climbed up into the roof. 

Did you move it ? Me and the misses used to take in rescues and had 18 ft reticulated python come in full of burns so we treated her with manuka honey aloe Vera for burns and she was skinny so built her back up on rabbits and chickens  ,pheasants .she never struck at us  even though she was in pain and hungry unlike rat snakes and amazon boa,s I've kept that bite for fun ? anyway she made full recovery and then went down Kent to a reptile house at a animal park .

Snake in pic looks like it's getting ready to shed its skin 

What area of the states you in bud 

Edited by Moocher71
11 hours ago, fred90 said:

I think egg collecting was the gateway into the countryside, everything else followed, air rifles, fishing, dogs, ferreting etc, it was the done thing?

When I was a young lad we'd all go out egging and once we had few we'd  blow them trying not to crack any.i had good collection at one point and me prized eggs was a Swan egg and sparrow hawk that me grandad got for me but the rest I took myself and had some fun walking woods ,hedge rows .

Shame kids no longer able to do the things we could 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, New moon said:

If he had brass you certainly couldn't see it around him, dont think you would write books to a very limited amount of readers if motivated by money alone, that said he was jew blooded?

A lad I new dressed like a tramp qnd drove q banger qnd only bought reduced priced food but was he skint ? far from it ,he was worth a fortune but just to tight or to savvy to spend his money ,

My uncul told me Plummer had plenty of money and had is hand in several things not just books and dogs ,was the place up in Scotland his or his wife's "Norma "  is she still alive ? 

19 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

A lad I new dressed like a tramp qnd drove q banger qnd only bought reduced priced food but was he skint ? far from it ,he was worth a fortune but just to tight or to savvy to spend his money ,

My uncul told me Plummer had plenty of money and had is hand in several things not just books and dogs ,was the place up in Scotland his or his wife's "Norma "  is she still alive ? 

She’s still going as far as I know.

• Like 1