A Horrible Question

I'm not talking about telling them what to do, I'm talking about responsibility.

You put them here, if they do bad things, it is your fault.

Who elses responsibility is it? No ones!

As adults we are responsible for our own actions, so are our children when they reach adulthood

My kids wouldn't be in that situation, full stop. I know.

But given the scenario, I would make them hand them selves in.

Obviously I would be completely devastated/gutted.

But if need be I would flick the switch.

how could anyone know 100%. :hmm:

I am a very involved father, I know.

The input of right and wrong plays a key roll in a child's upbringing.

All well and good, what age are your children???

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't accept that either mate ... If two parents have brought up a kid in a loving stable happy home and taught them right from wrong and given them guidance on how to behave correctly in the world

Then I would have to put them in prison ... To not do that would just mean you are as bad as them for standing back and allowing innocent people to suffer ... Would I visit them once in there ??? I do

Every one has there own opinion how they think they'd react . . What I find unreal is comments saying Thank God I Haven't Got Kids . . The best thing to EVER HAPPEN to me was My Having my Kids I had m

As I said I would shop mine BUT they are only your responsibility until adult hood ... You can't tell a 30 something year old what to do when to do it what's right what isn't ... I know my parents wouldn't have been able to tell me that for sure .....

Christ can't even tell a 15 year old what to do hardly unless you want to turn it into a fight which is obviously not the way

• Like 1

You try your best to bring your kids up right and im no saying that should never happen but there must be a percentage of kids that are no right and maybe the murder's and rapist's fall into that category and how ever you brought them up they would still be wrong ones

Them with the likes of the wrong ones when they where released from prison they where given new identifies and moved away and told not to contact friends and family

I have kids from 4 to 20 years old and if one of mine did what those two reptiles did i'd try to get them help whilst they were locked up,but if they came out a man and carried on like one of those did i'd remove the problem from the world myself :yes: .I know this will bring on the abuse but this is how i feel,as a child they may be helped but as a adult,released and then still carrying on then no hope and who else's responibility is it?.

• Like 3

I Personally Couldn't Hurt My Own Grown Up Son/Daughter , Yes There Would Be No Protecting Them From There Actions But Hurt Them Physically NOT A CHANCE . I have seen Good Parents Kids Turn Out Right Horrible People And I Often Wonder How They Turned Out That Way As There Family Life Was Exellent !

• Like 1

Let's suppose you were Beverly allots, parents or Fred Wests,,, these kind of folk

Just for the record; West' father actually taught him, quite deliberately and methodically, the tenet of: " F**k anyone and anything "

They were a rural / farming family. Fred was taught that animals, as well as the little girl who lived down the lane were all fair game.

But, the 'most important' thing ~ 'Daddies Strictest Rule' ~ Fred was indoctrinated with was: Don't Ever Get Caught!!!

Perhaps we can imagine how furious Mr West (Senior) might have been with Fred then. " What did I always tell you, Fred ....?! "

20 years ago two kids walked through a shopping center with a far younger child crying only one person asked the qestion were are you taking him

a womans instict maybe , the walk from that shopping center to that railway line is a main road a busy pedrestion route , goverment buildings pubs etc yet only one person asked , never mind what would you do if it was your child who carried out such a crime ask your self would you notice a child being draged along the road and intodays climate dare to stop and ask were are you taking that child has are society learnt anything since jameses murder , :hmm:

Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 2

Let's suppose you were Beverly allots, parents or Fred Wests,,, these kind of folk

Just for the record; West' father actually taught him, quite deliberately and methodically, the tenet of: " F**k anyone and anything "

They were a rural / farming family. Fred was taught that animals, as well as the little girl who lived down the lane were all fair game.

But, the 'most important' thing ~ 'Daddies Strictest Rule' ~ Fred was indoctrinated with was: Don't Ever Get Caught!!!

Perhaps we can imagine how furious Mr West (Senior) might have been with Fred then. " What did I always tell you, Fred ....?! "

All any of know is what were fed via literature in cases like this, unless we were in someway involved, theres lots of contradictory fodder out there regarding both Fred & Rose , the only certain thing is they were not right in the head because how could any parent kill there child & then butcher them

there have been better minds than us that have pondered this question,i would imagine a mother would be more prone to protect her child to the stage of hiding a rapist and possibly a child killer. thank f**k ill never have to make that call.i cant imagine a more horrible scenario to be in.id prob end my own life tbh. thats got to be the ultimate kick in the bollocks to any parent,and one that would make you question your own failings as a parent.

as for the evil bit,never bought into that word,and annoys me when i read about it being used in a court and the papers.no its a word that conjures up something sinister and out of this world.instead of accepting the fact,some humans are very capable of doing some of the most henious crimes imaginable,and i imagine a lot of them had normal parents who done there best.Frightneing Eh!

• Like 1

What question Tomo, one 99% of parents , thankfully, will never have to worry about.......

As hard as it would be, you would have to hand your child in.. As all parents I would protect mine to the hilt, but this would be a case of protecting other people's children...

The next question would be what then? Turn your back on your child? Or try and keep some kind of relationship?............. It would hurt like f@ck but with the level of evil we're talking about here, I don't think I could look at them again....... I'm glad I'm 99% sure ill never have to walk in those shoes....

Edited to say

Sorry Scot, I used the word evil, Those 2 that killed James Bulger are a pair of evil little F@ckers.... I don't believe in heaven/hell god or the devil but those 2 and some like them seem to be from a different world...... I just can't work out where that level of abuse to another human being can come from......

Edited by NEWKID

there have been better minds than us that have pondered this question,i would imagine a mother would be more prone to protect her child to the stage of hiding a rapist and possibly a child killer. thank f**k ill never have to make that call.i cant imagine a more horrible scenario to be in.id prob end my own life tbh. thats got to be the ultimate kick in the bollocks to any parent,and one that would make you question your own failings as a parent.

as for the evil bit,never bought into that word,and annoys me when i read about it being used in a court and the papers.no its a word that conjures up something sinister and out of this world.instead of accepting the fact,some humans are very capable of doing some of the most henious crimes imaginable,and i imagine a lot of them had normal parents who done there best.Frightneing Eh!

i think even the most hardened of doctors arnt always prepared for the kind of information there told when speaking with some of the most damaged of minds , so to expect someone like you & I to even be able to understand what makes these people tick & to evaluate such a question is almost impossible

i think even the most hardened of doctors arnt always prepared for the kind of information there told when speaking with some of the most damaged of minds , so to expect someone like you & I to even be able to understand what makes these people tick & to evaluate such a question is almost impossible

This is interesting if your into this kind of mind stuff

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=what-psychopaths-teach-us-about-how-to-succeed