A Horrible Question

Questions that are nigh on impossible to answer with any certainty unless you were in that situation.

As a parent, i think, I would Probably hand my child in if one of them had done something like that.

I would probably agree with the death penalty if it was in force, IF my child was an adult, I think it would be better for Him/Her than to spend the rest of their natural life in Prison.

If they were a child, as in the Jamie Bulger case, then NO, i wouldn't agree with the death penalty, as much as i would want it if it was my child abducted.

In that case they were very young, and it may have been the case of not understanding the full enormity of what they were doing or indeed one child following the others example through fear. The Death penalty could have been suspended indefinitely, Then, if after a long period of incarceration, and unlimited professional help, I would agree that if they committed another serious offence, that the Death penalty should be implemented.

As for standing by my child, YES, of course i would, that doesn't mean i would defend what they done, and possibly the sight of them may disgust me but if they had done something as bad as that, there would be NO other person in the world there for them, Rightly so, But it would be my child, and i bought them into this world, so i would always be there until one of us leaves it.

Of course, this is just my logical thinking, Like i said, i wouldn't know for sure unless it happened.

• Like 3

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't accept that either mate ... If two parents have brought up a kid in a loving stable happy home and taught them right from wrong and given them guidance on how to behave correctly in the world

Then I would have to put them in prison ... To not do that would just mean you are as bad as them for standing back and allowing innocent people to suffer ... Would I visit them once in there ??? I do

Every one has there own opinion how they think they'd react . . What I find unreal is comments saying Thank God I Haven't Got Kids . . The best thing to EVER HAPPEN to me was My Having my Kids I had m

I watched a film the other day called beautiful boy. It's about the parents of a teenager who goes on a college shooting spree. Opens your eyes up. Anyhow, its a hard one. Who here honestly while watching crime watch and seen a video of a kid from behind, which looked like there kid would pick up the phone and say, I think my child's who your looking for? It's a really tough call that one.

I watched a film the other day called beautiful boy. It's about the parents of a teenager who goes on a college shooting spree. Opens your eyes up. Anyhow, its a hard one. Who here honestly while watching crime watch and seen a video of a kid from behind, which looked like there kid would pick up the phone and say, I think my child's who your looking for? It's a really tough call that one.

I was gonna mention that film. I saw it about a year ago and as a parent its fcuking harrowing!

I was gonna mention that film. I saw it about a year ago and as a parent its fcuking harrowing!

It's all I can mind of it mate, truly terrifying. At the time I thought, no way, must be a mistake or he has been abducted after that. To think a kid could do that never mind 2!!! Shocking is a word used too often but that was really shocking.

Pmsl ahh you mean the film beautiful boy pmsl sorry thought you meant CCTV. Aye it was harrowing. You forget the parents of the nutcase are grieving too.

Yeh to be fair the film was bad as it tackles some of these questions or at least the 'what could we have done' 'was it our fault type ones' 'did we miss something in his personality'

but at least that was fiction... the CCTV is another level...

Pmsl ahh you mean the film beautiful boy pmsl sorry thought you meant CCTV. Aye it was harrowing. You forget the parents of the nutcase are grieving too.

Yeh to be fair the film was bad as it tackles some of these questions or at least the 'what could we have done' 'was it our fault type ones' 'did we miss something in his personality'

Actually the 'questions' i mentioned are not what TOMO had asked lol. The film was more about coming to terms with what their kid had done, while grieving for him and wondering what could they have done...

Same theme though..

I have kids from 4 to 20 years old and if one of mine did what those two reptiles did i'd try to get them help whilst they were locked up,but if they came out a man and carried on like one of those did i'd remove the problem from the world myself :yes: .I know this will bring on the abuse but this is how i feel,as a child they may be helped but as a adult,released and then still carrying on then no hope and who else's responibility is it?.

I was wondering if someone would bring up that emotive subject,,, I could tell from SS posts, and likes he was hinting at it,, I also feel the same ,,, but weather I would be able to actually do the deed, I dowt.

So yes part of me thinks there your responsibility ,, you,, and your mrs brought them in to this world,,,is it your duty to take them out,,,to be honest I don't think I could,,, but I possibly think that I should.

By the way to many posts for me to like,, cheers folks.

Actually the 'questions' i mentioned are not what TOMO had asked lol. The film was more about coming to terms with what their kid had done, while grieving for him and wondering what could they have done...

Same theme though..

Don't mater mate, it's all relevant ,,, ile have to look out for that film, cheers

i find it impossible to answer ..............i dont know what i would think and would be probably making excuse after excuse ,...................

depression, mental illness.?

blameing meself.......?

blameing authorities........?

the way i look at it is how much you love your children now ,.would that love just die if they done a planned killing..............?

maybe with time you would forgive or maybe you will hate.......?

impossible to know until it happens.........

• Like 2

Thx god I don't have kids but Iam not sure I know what I would do it would depend on the crime raping toturing any kind of sicko kind of shit then yea I would make sure they pay for what they done but let's say ur kid spots some one trying too rape he's sister and killed said rapist with a baseball bat then no I would think it all depends on what they done

Let's suppose you were Beverly allots, parents or Fred Wests,,, these kind of folk

Just for the record; West' father actually taught him, quite deliberately and methodically, the tenet of: " F**k anyone and anything "

They were a rural / farming family. Fred was taught that animals, as well as the little girl who lived down the lane were all fair game.

But, the 'most important' thing ~ 'Daddies Strictest Rule' ~ Fred was indoctrinated with was: Don't Ever Get Caught!!!

Perhaps we can imagine how furious Mr West (Senior) might have been with Fred then. " What did I always tell you, Fred ....?! "

This tells us that he came from a long line of "not right in the head" family.........."normal" human beings don't teach their children these things, if you look at all the mass murderers/paedophiles/rapists they all have a want about them, you know by looking at them they are not 100% whether they have a wealthy / poor background, gang members and gang warfare murderers are a different kettle of fish, they are hardened and usually murder their own kind but can come across "normal" , not all crimes are straight forward, but paedophiles/child murderers/rapists/mass murders/serial murders are!!