A Horrible Question

I'm not talking about telling them what to do, I'm talking about responsibility.

You put them here, if they do bad things, it is your fault.

Who elses responsibility is it? No ones!

So if you lost the plot snapped had a nervouse breakdown whatever and whent on a killing spree are you saying it would be your parents fault ??? ......

Not fault mate no, responsibilty, yes.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't accept that either mate ... If two parents have brought up a kid in a loving stable happy home and taught them right from wrong and given them guidance on how to behave correctly in the world

Then I would have to put them in prison ... To not do that would just mean you are as bad as them for standing back and allowing innocent people to suffer ... Would I visit them once in there ??? I do

Every one has there own opinion how they think they'd react . . What I find unreal is comments saying Thank God I Haven't Got Kids . . The best thing to EVER HAPPEN to me was My Having my Kids I had m

Blimey what a question........im the first to admit i was a complete f**k up as a parent....but id like to think as a reasonably decent human being id have to bite the bullet and deal with them the way youd deal with any other sicko,right is right and wrong is wrong regardless of blood.....but certainly a damn good thought provoking topic.

• Like 4

I'm not talking about telling them what to do, I'm talking about responsibility.

we are here to breed and rear them and care for them untill they are adults. after that they are responsible for there actions .

i would turn mine in same as i would anyone elses. becouse its the right thing to do. not becouse i felt responsible. becouse ive done all in my power to teach them right from wrong. mine are all grown . i love them but i'm not responsible for them any more ;)

• Like 2

So if you lost the plot snapped had a nervouse breakdown whatever and whent on a killing spree are you saying it would be your parents fault ??? ......

I can't accept that either mate ... If two parents have brought up a kid in a loving stable happy home and taught them right from wrong and given them guidance on how to behave correctly in the world and socially interacted them with the world and as an adult the said child is just bad and does bad things then the parents can't be held responsible surely ??? Some people are just bad and nobody knows why ..........

• Like 7

I'm no expert but I think that if you bring them up properly from the word go, then the situation wouldn't arise. I don't belive people are born evil. They are like blank sheets of paper absorbing everything you do and say. My father wasn't a one for lectures, but he did tell me that if he could teach me wrong from right, then I could work out the rest for myself. Words I try to live by with my boy.

I can't accept that either mate ... If two parents have brought up a kid in a loving stable happy home and taught them right from wrong and given them guidance on how to behave correctly in the world and socially interacted them with the world and as an adult the said child is just bad and does bad things then the parents can't be held responsible surely ??? Some people are just bad and nobody knows why ..........

Maybe not, but it would be your responsibility to make sure your offspring pays for his crimes and that he/she never does anything as evil as doing something to a child again. I believe that would be a parents responsibility no matter how old their son/daughter is.

• Like 1

Maybe not, but it would be your responsibility to make sure your offspring pays for his crimes and that he/she never does anything as evil as doing something to a child again. I believe that would be a parents responsibility no matter how old their son/daughter is.

And as I said earlier I would shop them .....

Yeah because it's your responsibility wouldn't you say mate?

I think the only people that can genuinely answer such a question are parents of murderers , i dont think someone wakes up monday morning & decides to murder & mutilate there & then without something in there history, warning signs etc , I guess its a steady progression & its thought that animal abuse is linked to what eventually becomes murder

It's your responsibility as a human being mate not just as a parent ... Otherwise as I said you are as bad as them .........

• Like 2

:tongue2:

its his responsability if they are his. mine or yours :blink: as a responsable adult. you cant educate wood :D

My missus watches the crime channel constantly especially the serial killers and psychopaths and there is a lot of evidence these days to suggest that these people have a chemical imbalance in their brain that normal people don't have and it pre disposes them to murder ... They feel no empathy or regret for what they do ... True that most show signs when young of being cruel and heartless but some are perfect kids that go on to gain top qualifications and marry and raise kids then one day they just change and carry out the most horrible of crimes ..........

• Like 1

My kids wouldn't be in that situation, full stop. I know.

But given the scenario, I would make them hand them selves in.

Obviously I would be completely devastated/gutted.

But if need be I would flick the switch.

how could anyone know 100%. :hmm:

My kids wouldn't be in that situation, full stop. I know.

But given the scenario, I would make them hand them selves in.

Obviously I would be completely devastated/gutted.

But if need be I would flick the switch.

how could anyone know 100%. :hmm:

I am a very involved father, I know.

The input of right and wrong plays a key roll in a child's upbringing.