deer dogs (preban)

All the questions of 'can it be done'...should be re-worded as 'can it be done regularlly'.

Everything can be done, but a one off is a one off and means sweet FA....consistancy is the thing, ...i always reckoned...

• Like 9

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates little whippet was a good deer dog pre ban 19tts. Very capable little bitch was Skippy

couple more in me youth.many many moons ago.when i was kean , now the ban i sit back and just think of the good old day,s,,

An old pre ban one a dog bred out of a 22tts lamp bitch to a first cross saluki/grey called jed from county duram.

Posted Images

been some good animalsof all xs types preban . But how about the more biddable type ova the bish bosh type . getting in ta hot places with the draw of the fallow is inevitable when ones wanting the coin .preban i would prefer the animal able to get on its toes and find me in any given situation or they be left simples certain breed types if trained are excellent at tracking and finding thee . the smash carcass type were also a no no clean work is allways a joy to watch and much prefered seen three smashed carcass fetch less than a clean one . big strong animals preban trating venison like quarry would be of little use to me , thats not to say there all this way . atb bunnys.

All the questions of 'can it be done'...should be re-worded as 'can it be done regularlly'.

Everything can be done, but a one off is a one off and means sweet FA....consistancy is the thing, ...i always reckoned...

Abs o-feckin-lutey...!!

Abs o-feckin-lutey...!!

:hmm:Yeah,.over a period of years,..season after season....

Most of us have had lucky breaks, and captured some good strong deer; critters that would normally of beaten our jukels easy peasy,..but,.had made a foolish mistake,.. maybe hit a fence, or got bundled into a deep ditch...

BUT,..on a regular basis,...the truth will always stand out,..and only the best of dogs will be the victor,.. time after time.... :yes:

My rabbiting/mouching curs, are forever finding and tracking Roe Deer,...but,.. I think that is about their fecking limit.... :thumbs:

• Like 1

have you seen enough to be sure of this statement......... :D

oh and nice shots in this month edrd and it seems like they have up graded the quality of the mag .........not just the material either.....

could possibly be due to leg size and length of stride :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Some say different, a lot of folk think roe are our fastest deer :yes:

they just look faster as there legs are moving quicker :laugh:

True and some folk actually believe that because they look faster they are faster :yes:

Edited by C Hall