deer dogs (preban)

Best dog is them that see plenty of them not just 2 a season so thay no how to run them right and how to take them right and its just not up to dog its up to u to help the dog when needed u are a team its not all down to the dog no I in team has for cross bull gray suluki gray will sort out them stags with a little help pre ban of course

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates little whippet was a good deer dog pre ban 19tts. Very capable little bitch was Skippy

couple more in me youth.many many moons ago.when i was kean , now the ban i sit back and just think of the good old day,s,,

An old pre ban one a dog bred out of a 22tts lamp bitch to a first cross saluki/grey called jed from county duram.

Posted Images

i had a 21 inch bitch that just took to Roe at a quite early age and turned out a good dog for them when she got older, could smell and hunt them up really well. i think they can be easy to catch on th lamp sometimes but always give a good run in the day.....good times

Edited by Chris Parsons

Seen some fallow bucks on big fields absolutely motor and straight line a dog, But seen the same sized bucks caught quite easily in small fields where it couldn't open up. Munty are easy when out of cover but like said can be ruthless with their tusks if given the chance to use em, and them chinks are f***ing pussys! ; )

Here's the thing.....deer can't (couldn't) be judged under the beam of artificial light in order to really judge them they need to be run during the daytime over a period of time....a daytime deer is a totally different animal to a lamped deer....

Just how many lads are keen enough to travel and test their dogs on the daytime stuff? well, that's the thing.

Daytime, one on one, then you get a 'feel' for the whole thing.....i've heard lots of lads boasting that their dog has stopped a couple of roe or a few chinks under the beam, but when daytime comes they don't seem to want to know.... you can't boast about lamped deer... :boogy: You run ten fallow in the daytime and you'll know if you've got a 'fallow' dog or not..... :victory: JMO...JD

• Like 5

Here's the thing.....deer can't (couldn't) be judged under the beam of artificial light in order to really judge them they need to be run during the daytime over a period of time....a daytime deer is a totally different animal to a lamped deer....

Just how many lads are keen enough to travel and test their dogs on the daytime stuff? well, that's the thing.

Daytime, one on one, then you get a 'feel' for the whole thing.....i've heard lots of lads boasting that their dog has stopped a couple of roe or a few chinks under the beam, but when daytime comes they don't seem to want to know.... you can't boast about lamped deer... :boogy: You run ten fallow in the daytime and you'll know if you've got a 'fallow' dog or not..... :victory: JMO...JD

maybe not...........but they still taste the same.......... :victory:

yes, but who's doing it for the meat????? if you are then sell the dogs and buy a bullet rifle... :thumbs:

• Like 1

yes, but who's doing it for the meat????? if you are then sell the dogs and buy a bullet rifle... :thumbs:

so your doing it just to throw them in a hedgerow........... :hmm:

Lurcher 1 No...what a very, very silly question....i won't even answer that one....

Hunting, for me, is not about the kill, it is about the hunt, the adventure, the thrill and the challenge. Exploring new places all over the Uk,hunting new land,testing the dog. But, hey, that's just me, we can't all be the same.....

All historical anyway....

• Like 3

Lurcher 1 No...what a very, very silly question....i won't even answer that one....

Hunting, for me, is not about the kill, it is about the hunt, the adventure, the thrill and the challenge. Exploring new places all over the Uk,hunting new land,testing the dog. But, hey, that's just me, we can't all be the same.....

All historical anyway....

lol ok mate.........the clues in hunting...........ie feed yourself for free!!!! id have no interest in shooting a deer but plenty of interest in eating one and selling a few cuts on to cover diesel..............but what do i no.........im not a respected author on fieldsports........... :tongue2::thumbs:

• Like 1