dave platts' saracen

33 minutes ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

John a think the bitch was a2 Sunderland but Sunderland bad grade she would been a4 most other track but she was tough had 100 races never went lame so that's plus a know of John when he used to slip at greyhound coursing meets a worked for Liz Hall and Bish when a was kid.

John and his dad are good honest lads that do do the sport justice and the dogs are tried and tested to.if it’s no good he will tell you it’s faults regardless.

• Like 1

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had some great times with my Deerhound hybrids, back in the 1980s,...everybody had em...  

Here you are mick,sheps on the right I think,the one on the left is S.T's deerhound cross red?

Posted Images

9 hours ago, poxon said:

Deerhounds are on the shelf sadly it’s a lost cause there found wanting! If this wasn’t the case An they truly were or are good hare dogs,Fox dogs,deer dogs there would be plenty of options still about that are still producing the goods today there a weak link regardless of how the law stands there the dog of yesteryear that didn’t make the cut there’s far better options out there for these jobs today 

Everyone who I’ve spoken with who currently has a deerhound x, including those bred by Dave Platt, were honest about the strengths and weaknesses…but they are still clearly being used. Undeniably however there is now a massive contrast between the deerhound x and the big bull/mastiff x. But that’s part of the problem - Big bull/mastiff’s are killing machines and deerhound x are large traditional running dogs. Don’t get me wrong a bull x are great but there is a place for a different kind of dog.

• Like 3

Just bringing a deerhound greyhound 1st x on at the minute will let you all know how she goes on a years time. Still early days yet very happy so far. 

She is already very quick and very brainy. Loves hunting about but we will see how she goes once she starts fully.

As long as she catches rabbits, retrieves fox and tracks deer I will be happy.

To me the deerhound greyhound is the traditional pot filler along with the collie greyhound. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, dogmad riley said:

Just bringing a deerhound greyhound 1st x on at the minute will let you all know how she goes on a years time. Still early days yet very happy so far. 

She is already very quick and very brainy. Loves hunting about but we will see how she goes once she starts fully.

To me the deerhound greyhound is the traditional pot filler along with the collie greyhound. 

Hope she does well for you bud. Always liked the deerhound & dh crosses. Atb

2 hours ago, dogmad riley said:

You forgot to add bedlington x greyhound to your list of pot hunting dogs there’s not much a decent bedlington greyhound can’t bring to book

21 hours ago, dogmad riley said:

Just take your time with her mate and let her do things in her stride as they don’t like been pushed,they seem laid back and they are brainy to and will fill the pot for ya mate.to me they are the most elegant of looking dogs and aim to please.but if I had one now and was thinking of keeping a pup it would be going to Scotland to the lad who bred Bruce (northernlites) dog as he has some nice big beddiexgreyhounds that do the job well to.hope she does you proud mate ?